Chapter 28 Successfully Made Maltose to Teach Tao Zhu Literacy

The next day, Li Qiao came back from the county seat at noon. Li Liang and Wang Guihua came to see Li Qiao before lunch. The next step was to spread the soaked wheat

on three square baskets, and then cover the baskets with linen cloth. , Sprinkle water on the wheat regularly, keep the wheat in a damp state, and wait for the wheat to germinate.

The weather is hot now, and the buds will germinate in about four or five days.

During this period, you don't need to worry too much, what should you do?

"Just a little work?" The honest man Li Liang also thought about it.

What is this compared to farming?

His Xiaolan can do this!

Wang Guihua gave Li Qiao a sideways look: "Why didn't you make it sooner? Isn't it easy?"

If you started making it from the day you proposed marriage, you would have made all the maltose by now.

How much money can this save?

"Isn't this about getting married to Brother Zhu? On the day of the wedding, there are a lot of people talking, so I'm afraid I'll be seen by others." On the day of the wedding,

many people came to see the excitement, and there was a lot of chaos. Li Qiao was afraid that the recipe would be leaked.

"...That's right, it's better to be more cautious."

Wang Guihua's tone immediately weakened a lot, because she was fascinated by Huahua Yinzi and didn't think carefully.

She looked at Li Qiao: "You go to the county every day, the soles of your shoes are too useless, and it's not easy for Brother Zhu to make shoes. You can discuss with the shopkeeper and see if you can deliver the goods every two days." Anyway, it's fried

. Even if the weather is hot, the desserts that come out can be stored for two days without any problem.

"Sister-in-law, that's a good suggestion. I'll ask shopkeeper Wang tomorrow." Li Qiao nodded with a smile.

His sister-in-law is indeed hard-spoken and soft-hearted. After sending Li Liang and Wang Guihua away, Li Qiao closed the courtyard door and called Tao Zhu to follow him into the house: "I bought a pen, ink, paper and inkstone today, and from today onwards, let's record our

daily accounts."

Well, I'm illiterate again."

Tao Zhu wanted to go into the kitchen and clean the pots and pans.

"It's okay, come, I'll teach you."

"Teach me how to read?" Tao Zhushui's eyes instantly widened, and he pointed at himself in disbelief.

"It's not a big deal. Let's learn the simple ones first, and learn numbers."

As a person receiving modern education, Li Qiao naturally hopes that his partner can also read, but after all, the times are different. If Brother Zhu doesn't want to learn, then He doesn't force it either.

"I'll learn!" Tao Zhu happily walked towards Li Qiao, his eyes were bright.

His attitude put Li Qiao in a good mood, and the two entered the room holding hands.

It was difficult to make paper in this era, so the paper was very expensive. A piece of rice paper cost one or two taels of silver. toilet paper.

Tao Zhu naturally knew that paper was expensive, so when Li Qiao handed him a piece of straw paper, he said, "Why don't I write on the ground with a small wooden stick, no matter how cheap straw paper is, it still costs money." "No, numbers are easier to learn.

"

Li Qiao took out the copper plate as he spoke, and placed the numbers one, two, three... ten on the small table: "This is from one to ten, simple?"

Tao Zhu: "..."

There was a smile in his eyes, learning from the copper plate, who can't learn it.

His eyes swept over the numbers written on these copper plates one by one, and he nodded slightly: "It's right here, don't move it yet." "That's what

I planned too. Come on, let's keep accounts according to these ten numbers."

Li Qiao began to sharpen the ink, and slowly wrote down today's expenditure and income with a brush on the white linen paper.

Originally, he didn't need to study hard, and his handwriting was not even considered ordinary, so he was not afraid of revealing his secrets, and explained while writing: "I haven't held a pen for a long time, and I'm not used to it."

Tao Zhu still can't see anything. What is the good handwriting and what is the bad handwriting? Seeing Li Qiao's strokes and strokes, each word is written straight and straight, and the size is the same. He said: "The writing is very beautiful." "I have a good eye, and I think it is beautiful.

" It's a boast, Li Qiao happily admits it, and doesn't engage in modesty.

As he spoke, he leaned over and kissed Tao Zhu on the lips: "When I finish memorizing, I will read it to you." "...

Okay."

Tao Zhu smiled slightly, moved the bench, and stood next to him with.

Li Qiao lowered her head and kept the accounts carefully.

Yesterday he and Tao Zhu worked together to make 20 catties of big flowers and 20 catties of Shaqima, and handed them all over to Shopkeeper Wang today, earning a total of 4,000 Wen.

However, today he bought maltose to prepare for tomorrow's business, so he spent a lot.

After looking at the expenditure and income, he pursed his lips, really being taken advantage of.

It is urgent to make maltose.

Quickly listed today's income and expenses, he pointed to the words on the paper, and read to Tao Zhu one by one.

Tao Zhu read it carefully, and also remembered it seriously.

Not everyone has the opportunity to read and write. When he was thirteen years old, during the slack season in winter, his parents told him that the town was recruiting workers and asked him to find a job in the town. He still remembers the first time he The situation when going to town.

After arriving in the town, he felt that the town was very big and there were many shops, but his eyes were darkened.

At that time, he saw a small wooden board hanging in front of a shop at the entrance of the town, with words written on it, and there were some young men and girls surrounding the shop. He thought it was a cloth shop that was hiring people to do needlework, so he went up to ask who it was. Is the store hiring?

He was asking a little brother at that time, but the other party thought he was a man with ragged clothes, so he thought he was trying to strike up a conversation on purpose, so he scolded him severely.

At that time, he was young and it was the first time he encountered such a situation. He was completely dazed and could only stand and be scolded.

The aunt who was passing by saw the faint mole between his eyebrows, and stepped forward to help him out.

It turned out that the shop did not hire people to do needlework, but held an embroidery competition, and the prizes for the competition were written on the small wooden board.

Now, of course, he would not ask others anything stupidly, but occasionally when he thought of that scene, he would always think that it would be great if he could read and write.

At least when he goes to a strange place in the future, he can have a little confidence.

Therefore, now that Li Qiao is willing to teach him how to read, he is 100% serious.

He studied hard, but Li Qiao only read it a few times, then dragged him to lie down on the bed: "We'll learn this when you're free, we're not in a hurry. I'm tired, take a lunch break with me."

"...How about I lie down with you, you sleep, and I keep the ledger?" Tao Zhu was a little reluctant.

"?"

Now it's Li Qiao's turn to open his eyes wide, what's wrong, his charm can't compare to words?

"I just feel that the opportunity to read and write is rare." Tao Zhu explained.

"I'm your man now. If you want to learn, you can learn every day." Li Qiao also persuaded seriously: "I think you should rest." Last night was the second night of marriage, he and

Tao Zhu couldn't hold back , tossing on the bed for an hour.

But today Tao Zhu got up earlier than him, because Tao Zhu wanted to make breakfast for him. After he had breakfast and went to the county town, Tao Zhu started to do other things, making Shaqima and Mahua, carrying water, and cleaning the yard.

Guessing that he will be back soon, he also made lunch.

He is a supernatural being, he can work all day long, but Tao Zhu is not a supernatural being.

"You've been busy since midnight, it's time to take a break."

"What's this? It's not tiring at all compared to farming."

That's what Tao Zhu said, but the corners of Tao Zhu's mouth turned up, forget it, What this man said was right. Now that they are married, he can learn to read every day if he wants to.

He put down the ledger and was about to lie down, but Li Qiao stretched out his arms and embraced him.

"Go to sleep, wake up and then work and learn to read."

"Yeah." He closed his eyes, smelling the same saponin smell on this person as on his own, he secretly smiled, it's great to be married.

While Li Qiao and Tao Zhu were busy making money, on the other side, Zhuang Fengshou went to the county town to get back the first batch of scythes.

These scythes were quickly turned into wheat sickles, and Li Qiao specially made one for Zhang Xiuhua. He will try his best to do what he promised.

After these batches of wheat sickles were put into the intense wheat harvest, Li Qiao's reputation improved a lot.

Although Li Qiao repeatedly emphasized that he saw the scythe from the book, the villagers automatically ignored his words, only knowing that he made the scythe, and greeted him warmly when they saw it.

Even when Tao Zhu went to fetch water from the well, he received many times more greetings and smiling faces than before.

As popularity improves, Li Qiao and Tao Zhu's moods also improve.

Of course, there are also some people who affect their mood.

For example, Mrs. Tao, she came to ask Tao Zhu for money to treat Tao Shu and Lai Dongmei.

Tao Shu's nose bridge was broken, and the wound on his forehead hadn't fully healed yet. Lai Dongmei's arm was broken, all of which required medicine and money.

Moreover, no one harvested her wheat!

Tao Zhu used to do all the work in the fields of the Tao family. Now that Tao Zhu is married, she no longer harvests wheat, so her family's wheat just hangs out in the field!

How can this be!

Her family didn't have much food in the first place, and they all relied on this batch of wheat to eat. Now that the wheat is growing in the field, how will her family of four eat?

Of course, Tao Zhu refused Mrs. Tao's request.

Li Qiao only promised to treat old man Tao's leg. After all, old man Tao is his own father, but which onion is Tao Shu?

Even if the Heavenly King Lao Tzu came, there was no reason for Li Qiao to treat Tao Shu.

Besides, Li Qiao himself owed a whole lot of debt.

As for going to the fields to harvest wheat, don't even think about it. In these ten miles and eight villages, which married husband goes to his mother's house to work every day?

He didn't want Li Qiao to go home, so he didn't want to work for the Tao family.

As for the problem of eating, if Tao Laohan and Mrs. Tao are hungry, you can come to him, four vegetables for a meal, and wild vegetable soup to drink as you like.

But redundant no.

Not to mention taking it back for Tao Shu and Lai Dongmei to eat.

If he dares to take one away, he won't serve food for the next meal, let alone vegetables mixed with miscellaneous grains, he won't even make pure wild vegetable soup!

Tao Zhu's words made the old lady Tao burst into tears, she kept scolding Tao Zhu for being unfilial, and even called the villagers over, trying to let the villagers know that Tao Zhu is a white-eyed wolf.

The old lady Tao sold miserably to the villagers, and Tao Zhu's eyes were red silently. It was not easy for him. The Tao family threw away all his things and treated him as an old scalper. Working for the Tao family, which married husband is so miserable?

Moreover, his man, Li Qiao, was in debt, and the family had no land. He had just married Li Qiao, and if he moved the things Li Qiao earned so hard to the Tao family, the Li family would definitely not agree!

Both parties cried and complained that it was not easy, and the villagers watched the excitement, and most of them stood by Tao Zhu's side.

Li Qiao only married Tao Zhu, not the entire Tao family, and there was really no reason in the world to rely on Li Qiao like this.

Mrs. Tao couldn't get any cheap, so she could only return bitterly.

In the afternoon, when Li Qiao came back from the county seat, he learned about it from the villagers. After returning home, he immediately praised Taozhu, what a job he did!

Soon it was the day when the malt was growing well, and Li Liang Wang Guihua came to learn how to make malt candy.

Wash the malt, chop it, and stir it with the steamed glutinous rice, and finally put the stirred malt glutinous rice in a warm place to ferment for three hours.

Now that the weather is hot, it can be fermented directly on the stove.

Soon at night, after the fermentation is over, find a clean sackcloth to wrap the fermented malt glutinous rice, and then squeeze it out hard to squeeze out the water inside.

This water is sugar water.

Pour this water into the pot, boil it on high heat first, and then boil it on low heat when there are bubbles in the pot.

The juice in the pot will soon turn yellow, and if you continue to cook, the liquid maltose will be ready.

"This is maltose?"

Li Liang, Wang Guihua, and Tao Zhu all stared at the iron pot in amazement.

"Yes, this is maltose. After it cools down a bit, you can pull the sugar, pull it into white, and then cut it into small pieces. That's the maltose we eat on weekdays." Li Qiao nodded

.

Starting today, he finally doesn't have to be taken advantage of, and can save a lot of money!

The author has something to say:

Finally, the cost can be reduced, and the couple can make money faster!

Asking for flowers and collection~