Chapter 135

Just when Li Qiao felt that there was something wrong with his ears, the Seventh Prince in the box on the other side seemed to be speechless by Meng Yue's tone, and after a pause, he replied, "Don't be disgusting, Barra." "Yes, yes

, Drink tea, drink tea." Meng Yue's voice contained a smile, and he was lifting the teapot to pour water for the Seventh Prince.

"I don't know if you've been here before. The potato flour here tastes good. I like it very much. I hope you will like it too." "I have to say

that Brother Li is a genius in researching food, and the fresh food he came up with , there is nothing bad to eat."

"Oh, brother Li? You shouted affectionately. The two of you both came from farming families, but now that the difference is so big, don't you feel jealous?" The

seventh prince sneered.

"What are you jealous of? I really admire Brother Li. He deserves everything he has now. As for me, I'm not as smart as him, and I can't compare to him if I work hard. How can I be jealous?" "Hmph, yes

. Self-knowledge."

"The smartest thing about me is that I can recognize myself." Meng Yue paused, and then said: "I also recognize you." "

What do you mean?" The Seventh Prince's voice dropped again, still With obvious vigilance.

But Meng Yue coughed lightly: "Even if we both took medicine that night, I can still recognize you."

After a short silence, the Seventh Prince patted the table again: "You mention that night again. , I really chopped up your dick!"

"Don't mention it, don't mention it, you calm down, calm down."

It just so happened that a voice from a waiter sounded, and it was the potato noodles they ordered, so Meng Yue took advantage of the opportunity to let the Seventh Prince taste the potato noodles.

"Potato flour is really a good thing, and it's cheap, and ordinary people can afford it. How about you give your father some advice and open a few branches in the capital?" "At lunchtime, this

restaurant You have to wait in a long line to get it."

Meng Yue was actually worrying about the branch.

"Wait for me to do some on-site inspection." The Seventh Prince did not agree.

"Haven't you paid attention to this restaurant before?" Meng Yue asked in surprise.

"No."

"Then what are you busy with on weekdays?"

"Is it your turn to ask?" The Seventh Prince snorted.

"No way. But the restaurant's business is really good, why don't we come over tomorrow night and have a look?"

"No time." The Seventh Prince replied coldly.

But Meng Yue didn't seem to care at all, but asked with a smile, "Then we'll come again when you're free."

At this time, Li Qiao and Tao Zhu had quickly finished the potato flour in their bowls , the two went out to pay the bill lightly and silently.

The two went out and walked towards the duck shop together.

Because the potato noodle restaurant is relatively cheap, it is not opened in the east of the city like the Royal dim sum shop. The potato noodle restaurant is opened in the north of the city, not far from the duck shop.

Before going out today, Zheng Qianqian said that he wanted to eat roast duck, so the three of them went to the duck shop first as soon as they went out today, and told the clerk there to reserve a few roast ducks. Just now Li Qiao and Tao Zhu went to eat potato noodles, while Li Dashan drove the ox cart to the duck shop.

Since Tao Zhu bought 12 new people, the duck store's business can finally last until about one o'clock in the noon.

But it's just sticking to this point, and it can't be like a dim sum shop until the afternoon before all the things are sold out.

When he arrived at the duck shop, Li Dashan was sitting in the shop talking to Guo Fu Min Qiang, when he saw Li Qiao and Tao Zhu coming, he immediately picked up the food box on the table next to him and prepared to go home.

Sitting in the bullock cart home, Li Dashan leaned against the door of the carriage and turned his head to talk to Li Qiao: "Uncle, just now Li Guo, Li Fu and the others said that there are far fewer people selling ducks at the vegetable market today."

At this time, there was no special duck farm, and the vendors who sold ducks in the vegetable market all collected ducks from farmers or the people in Shengjing City. In this case, the supply of goods was somewhat unstable.

But because there are few people in the duck shop, they can only make a maximum of 250 ducks a day, so the combination of several vegetable markets can supply the goods.

But today when Li Guo, Li Fu, Li Min, and Li Qiang went to the vegetable market to buy ducks, the few vendors who had been selling ducks before had sold out of ducks.

The four of them visited all the vegetable markets in Shengjing before they could buy enough ducks.

"Not enough ducks?" Li Qiao narrowed his eyes.

The Duck, which has always been stable, is suddenly in short supply?

This plot is somewhat familiar.

When they were in Sanliu Village before, the Zheng family needed pig small intestines to make grilled sausages, but later the entire Pingcheng pig small intestines were monopolized by the shopkeeper Zhao from Zuixianju.

"Yes, they were worried that this situation would happen again tomorrow, so they asked me what to do." "

I thought about going there tomorrow and asking what happened to the vendors who regularly sold ducks to us. "

Li Dashan said.

"Let me go, I'll ask what's going on."

Tao Zhu opened his mouth.

Since he added new staff, the duck store has made a profit of 3,500 taels a month relying on duck products, vegetarian dishes, and drinks.

This is the most profitable business for him and Li Qiao besides vermicelli, so there is nothing wrong with it.

"No, I'll go. Anyway, I'm taking a bath today, so I just go and have a look. You go home first."

Li Qiao said.

"Well... okay, then go and have a look."

Tao Zhu changed his mind.

Li Qiao is now a fifth-rank official, and it is definitely easier for him to come forward in person than others.

So Li Qiao first sent Tao Zhu home, and then went to the vegetable market in the north of the city with Li Dashan.

Although it was afternoon, but because the vegetable market had fixed stalls, these shops were all open.

Li Qiao asked Li Dashan to lead the way, and went straight to the shop that sells poultry that he often goes to on weekdays.

Seeing that it was Li Qiao who came, the shop owner explained with a poignant smile that the ducks for the day had also been reserved, but he dared not say who made the reservation.

Li Qiao didn't know where he was, he was already a fifth-rank official, but the shop owner didn't dare to say that the other party must have a higher official position than him.

He didn't make things difficult for the boss, but took Li Dashan away.

Li Dashan frowned: "Uncle, what should I do?"

"Cold salad, I can't stop the other party from buying duck."

Li Qiao said that he was a little fortunate that the specific seasoning list for duck products has always been in the hands of his family. Moreover, when buying those seasonings, he deliberately used a cover-up method and bought several more seasonings.

When making it into a seasoning packet, all kinds of seasonings are also deliberately ground into pieces, so that others will never see what big ingredients he has added.

However, ducks and ducks cannot be replaced by ducks. Neither chickens nor geese can replace ducks.

Therefore, in terms of supply, he has to find a way by himself.

He didn't go home directly, but went to Han Ning's house.

He wanted to hire someone to go directly out of the city to collect ducks from farmers' homes.

He didn't believe that the other party could buy all the ducks outside the city.

What's more, besides the ducks outside the city, some people in Shengjing also raised ducks in their homes.

There are also some large families who raise livestock on their own farms to support themselves.

It is true that there is no special duck farm at this time, but if you want to buy ducks, it is much easier than buying milk.

It was already dark when Li Qiao returned home, the two cubs had already had dinner, Li Xia and Zhao Shen took care of them, and the rest of the family was waiting for him and Li Dashan to have dinner.

At the dinner table, he didn't show any strangeness, he only said that the wooden signboard will be posted outside the shop tomorrow, and from now on the shop will directly buy ducks from the people in Shengjing City.

When he said this, the atmosphere at the dinner table suddenly became a little dignified.

Zheng Qianqian asked angrily: "Uncle, is it the fault of the British government? Didn't the Holy Majesty order that they are not allowed to provoke disputes in the future?

" Let the other party buy ducks."

Li Qiao was still relaxed, with a smile on his face: "The other party may also want to do duck business, so he bought ducks. This can only be regarded as competition in the mall, not provoking a dispute. "

...But, they are just bullying us."

Zheng Qianqian gritted his teeth, and lightly slammed down the dining table with his fists clenched.

Seeing this, Li Dashan quickly grabbed his hand and rubbed it lightly: "Don't smash it, or you will be the one who suffers the pain."

Zheng Qianqian gave him a supercilious look, but didn't speak again.

Li Qiao picked up the chopsticks and greeted everyone to eat: "Brother Qian, don't you want to eat roast duck? Eat it quickly."

He picked up a thin and chewy pancake, picked up a few pieces of duck meat, Spread the sauce again, and hand it to Tao Zhu: "You eat too."

Tao Zhu took it, and also smiled and beckoned Zheng Qianqian to eat quickly.

Anyway, the sky won't fall, and we still have to eat.

Zheng Qianqian sighed, picked up a large pancake, first put fried vermicelli on the pancake, and then put a few pieces of duck meat on it and rolled it up.

He likes to eat like this.

No matter, let's eat today's roast duck first and then explain what will happen tomorrow.

The next day, when Li Qiao arrived at the Hanlin Academy, he read and took notes as usual, and soon it was noon. This time, he took the initiative to find Xin Zhi with his meal.

Xinzhi's family should have raised ducks.

The families that Zhixin had good friends with were also big families, and they must have ducks in their homes.

Xin Zhi was very angry when Li Qiao finished talking about this matter, he thought the same as Zheng Qianqian, if this is really done by the British government, then the British government is provoking a dispute!

"Forget it, it's not easy to complain to the Holy Majesty about such trivial matters. The Holy Majesty is always busy, and he's not in a good mood recently, so I'd better not bother him."

Li Qiao was quite open-minded.

But Xin Zhi wanted to thump the table: "It's outrageous, this is to cut off your family's financial resources." "

My family has so many financial resources, and the other party can't cut them off." Li Qiao laughed.

Seeing this, Xin Zhi lowered his voice, leaned towards Li Qiao and said: "Speaking of which, the British government also has a lot of property, but in the past, their mansion mainly relied on the output of their own fields, and their family had a lot of shops, but Most of the businesses were normal, but then something unusual happened, but it was a wicked business." "

Oh? What kind of wicked business?" Li Qiao was curious.

Ever since he had a conflict with Lu Wenrong, he has been secretly collecting news from the British government in his daily life.

But he can't make this matter too obvious, and he doesn't have a wide network, so so far, all he has collected is some superficial information.

He really doesn't know about unethical business.

"Gambling shop." Xin Zhi didn't give a shit, and gave the answer directly.

"That's it... that's really a bit wicked. But, after all, the British prince who has made great contributions to saving his life, is he open a gambling shop in an open and honest way?

" Ordinary people don't know about this, not many people know about it, even in honorable circles." "

He is shameless and willing to go out and do this, who can do anything to him? He didn't violate the laws of Dasheng." Xin Zhi

said with a sigh.

It is not illegal to open a gambling shop, and it is not illegal to open a gambling shop in the country, but it is not good to say it.

But huge profits.

Casinos make money much faster than other industries.

Li Qiao let out a long sigh, and said again: "Then tell me about the gambling houses in Shengjing, I want to know more about it." "Why do you know

this?" Xin Zhi opened his eyes wide: "Gambling is harmful! "

"I know. Don't worry, I don't gamble, and I'm not interested in gambling." Li Qiao touched his nose and made an embarrassed look: "I've turned my prodigal son back." The bad debt of the original body

, He cut it early.

"Okay." Xin Zhi thought about Li Qiao's behavior in the past. Since he changed his ways, he really didn't seem interested in gambling, so he said: "Although Dasheng can't help gambling, this industry is harmful to people after all. Therefore, the Dasheng law has many restrictions on gambling houses."

"In a city, only one gambling house is allowed, and heavy taxes are also paid. Other businesses pay 30% of the commercial tax, and the gambling house has to pay 50%." "

Sheng Because Beijing is the capital city, there are more gambling houses than other cities, there are three of them."

"Besides these three gambling houses, if someone quietly opens some small gambling houses that are not visible, once they are discovered, it will be a felony of beheading.

" Yes, it has been in existence for more than ten years, and it is very lively."

"The other two have existed since the establishment of Dasheng."

Speaking of this, Xin Zhi lowered his voice, almost approaching Li Qiao. Only breath sounds are used in the ears.

"One of the longest ones was opened by the Supreme Emperor."

Li Qiao: "?"

He opened his eyes wide, suspecting that he had heard it wrong.

Opened by the Supreme Emperor? ? ?

Just now he scolded the British open gambling house for being immoral, this...

Xin Zhi knew what he was thinking when he saw Li Qiao's expression, and quickly explained: "The gambling house opened by the Supreme Emperor is very regulated, and there are two vicious people standing at the door. Big guys, before every gambler goes in, these two big guys will emphasize the dangers of gambling and persuade those people to leave."

Li Qiao: "..."

Is there still such a business?

"Furthermore, cheaters and fights are not allowed in the gambling house. Although there are thugs, they are only to maintain order in the gambling house. Those gamblers are not allowed to borrow money in the gambling house, regardless of whether they borrow from the gambling house or from other people. Borrowing is no good. Once the money in your hand is spent, then get out."

"There are so many unorthodox rules. The Supreme Emperor treats this gambling shop as a serious business, but it is because it is too serious, so the business is not good now."

Li Qiao: "..."

All right.

It turned out to be this way of doing business.

The overlord who loved the people like his own son did not collapse.

Thinking about it, the Supreme Emperor felt that instead of handing over this wicked business to others and causing a tragedy of ruin and death, it would be better for him to take over and set all kinds of rules.

"Then what about the remaining gambling house?" Li Qiao asked again.

"The remaining gambling house was opened by the first queen. When the first queen is gone, it falls into the hands of the eldest prince." "

This gambling house is also very well-behaved. After all, it is the first queen." "

Although the two There are many rules in the casino, but there were only these two casinos before, so the business of these two casinos was very good before." "

But more than ten years ago, the British government went to the Supreme Emperor with a shy face and cried and complained that the British government was spending too much money. Some can't make ends meet, so they want a business that can make money. The Supreme Emperor didn't want to shame him, so he allowed him to open this third gambling shop." "The Supreme Emperor also made a series of rules for

his family's gambling shop. Rules, but with the abdication of the Supreme Emperor, and the Supreme Emperor always went out to visit the mountains and rivers, so the gambling shops in the British government gradually became less disciplined." "But there has been no

big trouble, so the Supreme Emperor just opened his eyes. Just close one eye."

After saying this long series of words, Xin Zhi immediately stood up and poured a cup of tea.

After talking so much, he was thirsty.

But Li Qiao's doubts were not resolved, and after he finished drinking, he asked again: "Will the dignified British government be unable to make ends meet?" "

His family must have more fields than yours."

"Yes, it's much more than my family's. However, the output of the field is actually not as much as you imagined. They are all common crops. The food left is enough for their family to eat. How much can the rest be sold for? "

It's like my family's income is only tens of thousands of taels a year. It can't be compared with a genius like you who is good at discovering and creating business opportunities." "The income is small, but there are many places to spend money. Just like

Lu Wenrong Helping literati, keeping top cards, going to the gambling house to spend a lot of money, relying only on the prospects in the fields, how can he enjoy himself freely." "

Besides, except for Lu Wenrong, everyone else in the British government can spend money, and they are superior People don't like the usual food, drink, and clothing in the British government."

Xin Zhi curled his lips as he spoke, his face full of sarcasm.

"...So, it turns out that the British government is actually glamorous on the surface."

Li Qiao was really shocked at this moment.

"That was in the past, and now they have a gambling house, so life is good."

Xin Zhi not only curled his lips, but also rolled his eyes. It is shameless for a dignified state to earn such immoral money!

After hearing this, Li Qiao rolled his eyes and asked, "So, that gambling house is actually the pillar of the British government?" "

Yes, since his family's gambling house opened, the other two gambling houses The business in the shop is not very good, and it has plummeted in recent years." "

But even if the business is not good, the Supreme Emperor and the First Prince insist on opening it. This unscrupulous business has to be controlled by them, otherwise many lives may be caused. "

Understood."

Li Qiao nodded.

Xin Zhi's words are really informative.

As expected of being in the honorable circle, if you casually complain to him, the dry goods contained exceed the sum of his usual collection.

It turns out that the pillar industry of the British government turned out to be gambling houses.

With such a family tradition, it's no wonder that Lu Wenrong can ridicule him wantonly and insult him as much as he wants.

Since the British government itself left such a big loophole, don't blame him for shaking this pillar.

Ah.

Li Qiao was in a good mood, and when she came home from get off work, she saw Li Xiaorui playing with a scooter to amuse the two little boys, so she ran over and hugged Li Xiaorui with a big hug.

Li Xiaorui giggled happily, and the crisp laughter resounded throughout the yard.

Putting Li Xiaorui down, Li Qiao ran over and took Li Changfeng from Tao Zhu's arms. He kissed Li Changfeng's fat face several times, and took Li Yunfan from Li Xia's arms. friend.

Looking at his appearance, Tao Zhu was a little curious: "

Is it in a good mood today?"

The Duke of England must tell Tao Zhu that he is earning immoral money, so that Tao Zhu will have fun too.

Life is earned, life is not spent!

The author has something to say: