Chapter 22

It was already dawn when Li Qiao and Tao Zhu arrived at the county seat.

The entrance of the county seat was still as lively as a market, and in the corner, where Li Qiao used to sell fish, Shopkeeper Wang and Xiao Wu were already waiting.

Tao Zhu saw Xiao Wu from a distance, he was relieved, fifty catties of abundant cakes were sold so expensive, if Xiao Wu missed the appointment, then he and Li Qiao might not know how long it would take to sell them.

Li Qiao took Tao Zhu to the old place, and waited for Tao Zhu to put down the cart, then shopkeeper Wang walked up to the two of them with his hands behind his back.

"Brother Li, did you make Feng Cake today?"

"Of course, it's a lot more than what Xiao Wu said yesterday."

Li Qiao replied with a smile.

Tao Zhu, on the other hand, lifted the rag from the pannier, and took out the brand new sack with Shaqima inside.

In the food business, Li Qiao pays great attention to hygiene, whether it is the burlap bag or the basket for the Shaqima, they are all brand new.

There is also a brand-new mat made of wheat straw under the back basket.

Shopkeeper Wang was very satisfied. Seeing that Tao Zhu had opened the sack, he stepped forward to inspect the goods.

He took out a pure white veil from his pocket, squeezed a piece of Shaqima with the veil, and brought it to his mouth. After chewing, he showed a satisfied expression.

"How many catties in total?"

"Fifty-five catties in total."

Li Qiao brought over five catties, and wanted to retail, so he couldn't just rely on shopkeeper Wang for business.

"I want it all, wrap it up."

Shopkeeper Wang's chubby hands reached for his purse, planning to pay the bill.

"Okay." Li Qiao nodded.

It's not too late to open the market these days, let's make money first.

"According to the first price, one catty of Feng Gao is 150 Wen, and fifty-five catties is 8,250 Wen in total." "

Well, that's the amount."

Shopkeeper Wang nodded.

He took out eight taels of silver from the money bag, and counted out two hundred and fifty copper coins.

Paying the money with one hand and delivering the goods with the other, Li Qiao directly gave the burlap bag containing Shaqima to Xiao Wu.

"Brother Li, if Feng Cake sells well, I'll ask Xiao Wu to come find you again." Shopkeeper Wang left these words behind and took Xiao Wu away.

It wasn't until the two of them walked away that Tao Zhu let out a long breath, and a smile appeared on Jun's face. It went well, and the money was in hand.

"Let's go, let's go to the city to do some shopping."

Li Qiao put away the copper coins.

"Okay!" There was obvious joy in Tao Zhu's voice.

Just when the two were about to leave, an old lady selling sesame seed cakes at a nearby stall suddenly called out to Li Qiao: "Hey, Xiao Li, what is that dim sum you sold to shopkeeper Wang?" "It's called Feng Cake.

" Li Qiao paused, and explained a few words with a smile: "It's a new kind of food I made. Today's one is rounded up by shopkeeper Wang. I will come to set up a stall tomorrow. If my aunt is interested, I can buy it and try it tomorrow." Although it is more expensive, it tastes good."

"Okay, my aunt will be waiting for you tomorrow."

Aunt Shaobing nodded repeatedly.

Desserts that can make shopkeeper Wang wrap round, the taste will definitely not be bad.

Her eldest daughter-in-law is pregnant, and she finds everything tasteless. Now she happens to see a kind of dim sum that she doesn't know, and she wants to buy it back for her eldest daughter-in-law to try.

After pushing the cart into the county town, Tao Zhu was a little excited: "It seems that some people will buy it in retail." "There

must be people buying it. However, you can't count on the gate of the city. Most of the stalls there are from the countryside like us. They are reluctant to buy such expensive snacks, and the aunt just now was just an accident."

Li Qiao has sold fish at the gate of the county town for several days, and has a better understanding of the situation at the gate of the county town.

"Is that so?" Tao Zhu frowned: "Then you plan to go to the city to sell?" "

Try both the gate of the city and the city. At present, the rich cakes are faster than selling fish."

Shaqima's raw materials It is flour, eggs, maltose, oil, and sesame seeds. Although these things are expensive, the cost price of a catty of Shaqima is 50 Wen.

Of course, this does not include labor costs.

Li Qiao feels that labor costs are definitely more expensive than these raw materials.

On a hot day, staying in the kitchen is kneading noodles and frying in a hot pan, and you have to walk to the county town to sell them.

Sanliu Village is too far away from the county seat, and it takes four hours to go back and forth, that is, eight hours. In less than ten days since he went to the county town to sell fish, he had already worn out the sole of one of his shoes.

Isn't this hard work worth a hundred coins?

So Li Qiao confidently set a price of 150 Wen per catty for Shaqima, which he thought was a conscience price.

If you can sell thirty catties of Shaqima a day, you can earn three taels of silver.

A county as big as Pingcheng must be able to consume thirty catties of Shaqima.

Therefore, he not only wants to set up a stall at the gate of the city, but also wants to deliver goods to the food shops in the county, opening up the market as much as possible.

After Tao Zhu listened to this series of analysis, he nodded fiercely, and his eyes burst into bright brilliance.

This man looks so confident and reliable.

This is his man!

He wished he could get married tomorrow.

"Listen to you, you arrange business matters. But where shall we go next?"

"Buying clothes. You will definitely need new clothes when you get married."

Li Qiao didn't miss the infatuation in Tao Zhu's eyes, he couldn't help laughing: " Buy some more cloth to make quilts, it's too late to make a new bed, but the quilt must be new." "

Our bridal chamber must not be fooled, my current quilt is not worthy of appearing under us, and not worthy of touching your body."

He didn't I would like to let his brother Zhu use the quilt that he has used for many years, and he wants to replace it with a new one!

"..."

Tao Zhu's cheeks turned red instantly, this man!

What nonsense in broad daylight!

He glared at Li Qiao fiercely, but the corners of his mouth could not be restrained and turned up. This person must really think he is good-looking, otherwise how could he think about the bridal chamber.

"Let's go, let's go to the cloth shop."

Seeing that Tao Zhu just stared at him, Li Qiao was in a better mood: "Let's go shopping!

" , the clothes are new, and the quilts are taken apart and washed, and they are no worse than new ones."

Thinking of all the property in Li Qiao's hands, Tao Zhu couldn't help saying.

"No, no, no, the quilt must be new. The new quilt will match the new husband."

Li Qiao insisted: "At worst, I can buy the cheapest linen with wheat straw inside, and it is quite comfortable to sleep on. It doesn't cost much. "

...Alright."

Tao Zhu nodded.

So the two went to the cloth shop.

It was only a few days before they got married, and the two had to sell Shaqima, so Li Qiao directly chose the ready-made clothes in the cloth shop.

Tao Zhu's complexion was not as white as the original scholar's, so Li Qiao didn't choose bright red, but chose two sets of azure-colored cotton bunts.

As for the bedding, for the sake of the bridal chamber experience, Li Qiao did not choose rough linen, but soft cotton.

The roughness he likes is limited to Tao Zhu's hands.

The bedding, of course, is still comfortable with cotton cloth.

The cotton cloth sold in the cloth shop is more beautiful than the ones woven by the villagers, with pomegranate patterns on it representing many children. Tao Zhu stared at the pattern for a moment, but did not object to Li Qiao's decision.

In the future, he can do more work and make more rich cakes, no matter how hard or tiring he is, he is not afraid.

But the experience of lying with this person at night must not be discounted.

He wants to make the man comfortable.

After leaving the cloth shop, the two went to buy some items needed in the kitchen.

Now that I want to do food business, the original pots and pans at home are not enough.

The money earned today is not enough for these expenses.

After deducting the cost of the 8,250 coppers obtained from selling Shaqima, there are only more than 5,000 coppers, which cannot buy these things.

Li Qiao took out the money he had saved before, and that was enough.

However, seeing the cart full of items, the two were very happy, bought some steamed stuffed buns, and they set off on their way back to the village.

Today's big purchases left Li Qiao with more than a thousand copper coins in his hand. After returning home, the two of them rolled up their sleeves and went into the kitchen to make Shaqima without thinking about rest.

This time, they only made 20 catties of Shaqima.

After finishing, the two went to Li Liang's house.

Li Liang's family grows cotton, and the two want to buy some cotton to fill the bedding, and by the way, discuss with Li Liang about their marriage in a few days.

Because they had no money and no food, Li Qiao and Tao Zhu decided to keep it simple and only invited a few families with whom he had a good relationship.

But even so, a lot of people will be needed to help.

Li Liang's family's attitude towards Li Qiao has changed drastically. When Li Qiao and Tao Zhu arrived, Li Liang, Wang Guihua, and Li Dashan were threshing the wheat with a flail.

Li Ershan and Li Xiaoshan were chopping pigweed.

Li Xiaolan was holding a water ladle to water the vegetable garden.

The family saw Li Qiao and Tao Zhu enter the yard, except for Wang Guihua, the rest of them all smiled and greeted warmly.

Although Wang Guihua didn't smile, her expression was quite gentle.

After hearing Li Qiao and Tao Zhu's intentions, Li Liang immediately said: "Isn't it just a little cotton, what can I buy or not..."

Halfway through the words, he came back to his senses and immediately looked at Wang Osmanthus with a guilty conscience.

If he gave it away for nothing as before, then his wife would have to scratch him again.

"What are you looking at, isn't it just a little cotton, you still can't make the decision?" Wang Guihua sneered.

"Yes yes yes." Li Liang chuckled twice, and was about to tell Li Qiao that he didn't want money, but Li Qiao spoke first.

"Brother, our brothers and sisters will settle accounts. I will get married soon, and I will become a family with Brother Zhu. Although this hurts feelings, we are indeed two families.

" Even if you ask me for money for those vegetables, I won't give them. But growing cotton is not easy, so I can't take it for nothing." "

You..."

Just a few words made Li Liang feel uncomfortable.

He is more than ten years older than Li Qiao, and has always regarded Li Qiao as his son, two families, these three words are really unpleasant to him.

However, seeing Li Qiao with a straight back and firm eyes, he felt a little relieved.

His little buckwheat has really grown up.

"Okay, okay. You pay for the cotton." He smiled and patted Li Qiao's shoulder, his eyes were a little red.

Wang Guihua rolled her eyes: "It's only a few days before we get married. Since I bought my cotton, I'll help you make bedding by the way." "

This... sister-in-law, don't you collect wheat?" Li Qiao was a little surprised.

"Wheat grows in the ground and doesn't run away."

"Then thank you, sister-in-law." Li Qiao thanked with a smile.

His sister-in-law is indeed a knife-mouthed bean curd heart, with her help, it should be much easier for Brother Zhu to make quilts.

Taking the cotton home, Li Qiao sent Tao Zhu back to Tao's house.

This time, the four members of the Tao family did not dare to provoke Tao Zhu, and the whole small courtyard was dark and quiet like countless times before.

But Tao Zhu's mood is different.

He didn't have any negative emotions, he only had joy in his heart.

Shaking the hand held by Li Qiao, he said softly, "Go back and go to bed early."

But Li Qiao seemed to be thinking: "Well...how about I stay?" "

?"

Tao Zhu's eyes round instantly.

"You have to make bedding tomorrow, so you can't go to the county seat with me. And when I come back from the county seat, it must be already afternoon. I can't bear you." "I'll just

borrow your bed and do nothing else. Really."

Li Qiao looked serious, if he hadn't held Brother Zhu by his right hand, then he would have raised his hand to swear.

The author has something to say:

Every day, I move towards getting married and building a small family together~