Chapter 57 Buying Books and Reading Really Costs Money

Tao Zhu and the villagers all had high hopes for him, Li Qiao gritted his teeth, he really couldn't let go of this chain.

On the second day, he drove an ox cart to the county seat. After entering the city, he first bought a set of tables and chairs.

The table he and Tao Zhu use to keep accounts is a small dining table, only half a meter high, not to mention him, even Tao Zhu feels a little aggrieved lying on it to write.

But because there are few characters to write every day, he and Tao Zhu plan to wait until the new house is built before buying a big desk.

But now Li Qiao couldn't wait.

The ancient imperial examinations were definitely more papery than the college entrance examination in his previous life. Although Yuan Bo had studied for ten years, it was as if he hadn't read it. He had to start from scratch.

And he can't live in the county like Zhuang Wen and concentrate on studying, so he has to work hard now.

He bought all the books and tools needed for the imperial examination, read them between making snacks, memorized them, and filled his empty mind with the original texts of the books, so that his sense of urgency would be less.

So, after buying tables and chairs, Li Qiao took the ox cart to the bookstore.

There are several bookstores in the county, and Li Qiao went to the one where he bought paper and pens.

In Li Qiao's original memory, the imperial examination was based on stereotyped essays, because that's how it was performed in TV dramas.

But after searching the original body's memory, he found that the imperial examinations in this world are not like this. There is no stereotyped essay in this world, and the imperial examinations examine Mo Yi, Tie Jing, Policy Theory, and Poems.

Mo Yi, in simple terms, is to extract a certain sentence from the scriptures and ask candidates to explain the meaning of this sentence.

Tie Jing is actually a fill-in-the-blank question. A sentence is extracted from the book, and a few words are intentionally missing.

Therefore, Mo Yi and Tie Jing were tested by rote memorization.

Li Qiao is not afraid of endorsing books, but he can't hold back a lot of books. The imperial examinations in this world are not only the four books and five classics, but also the three histories and three biographies, namely "Historical Records", "Hanshu", "Dongguan Hanji" and "Zuo Zhuan", "Biography of Gongyang" and "Biography of Zhuliang".

Coupled with some notes specially written by everyone for these books, there are dozens of books in total.

With so many classical Chinese essays to memorize, Li Qiao felt tired just thinking about it.

After the apocalypse, he was used to only using his hands and not thinking. Now that he is asked to go back to take the student exam, he really wants to sigh.

But there is no way, since it is decided to take the imperial examination, the endorsement is the most basic.

Because for a modern person like him, poetry and songs are no less difficult than going to the blue sky.

After entering the bookstore, a guy greeted him.

Li Qiao is wearing a cotton robe today, and he looks good, his skin is tender and his flesh looks like he hasn't done heavy work, so the guy's attitude is quite good.

"Guest officer, the store not only has all kinds of books, but also pens, inks, papers and inkstones. I don't know what you need." "

Buy a set of four books." Li Qiao had already thought about it.

For the Four Books and Five Classics, let's start with the Four Books.

When the guy heard the word "set", he smiled even more, big customer wow.

"Guest officer, please." He led Li Qiao to the bookshelf where the Four Books were placed: "The Four Books in the store include manuscripts and magazines. I wonder what kind of books the guest officer wants to buy?"

Without waiting for Li Qiao to answer, he immediately said: "Although the manuscripts in the small shop are fine manuscripts, the manuscripts are not as good as the printed ones. If the guest officer is unsure , he can compare them with each other." Some scholars from poor families copied it for money, and the price is relatively cheap.

He naturally hoped that Li Qiao would buy the publication. Li Qiao also wanted to buy publications , so

he asked, "What's the price of each of the two editions?"

It's five pennies. For the printed version, a set is ten pennies."

The clerk replied with a smile.

"...I'll buy the manuscript."

Li Qiao touched the money bag and said so.

He wanted to buy magazines, but his pocket didn't allow it. Although his family was earning a lot every day, they were also spending a lot.

Not to mention the unfinished house, he still wants to save money to buy the land as the owner.

Only when he became a landlord and could collect rent, and the family could earn a stable income even if they didn't make dim sum, could he concentrate on studying.

Anyway, it is just an endorsement now, and the manuscript is the same as the printed version.

When the clerk heard this, the smile on his face remained the same, and the manuscript was also worth five pennies.

He took a set of handwritten Four Books from the bookshelf and asked Li Qiao to inspect the goods.

Li Qiao had never read the Four Books before, and only knew some famous sentences in it. Yuan himself had read a little, but that content was not enough to test whether there were any mistakes or omissions in the Four Books.

However, since it can be sold in a bookstore, it must have been checked by the bookstore.

So, he simply flipped through it and asked the guy to wrap it up.

"Guest officer, do you need a pen, ink, paper and inkstone?" The clerk asked again with a smile.

"Hmm... buy three pieces of straw paper, two pieces of hemp paper, and one piece of rice paper. And two more ink ingots, ordinary ones." Li Qiao said.

According to Yuanben's memory, when Dasheng was first established, the population was too small, and some people often couldn't find enough grannies to guarantee them during the examination for talents. In this case, the imperial court's requirements for the imperial examination were much looser.

Like the previous dynasty, it was clearly stipulated that people with disabilities could not take the imperial examination.

It is also clearly stipulated that when two candidates have the same level, the one with outstanding calligraphy will be selected for admission.

But the founding emperor of Dasheng was in urgent need of talents at that time, so he didn't look at other things, but only sought real talents and practical learning.

But not in recent years.

The old emperor abdicated and the new emperor ascended the throne. It is rumored that the new emperor's handwriting is average, but he still thinks that handwriting is a person's face. Most students have already started to practice calligraphy hard.

The original handwriting was similar to that of Tao Zhu, a beginner. Now that Li Qiao was going to take the imperial examination, he naturally had to practice calligraphy hard.

Hearing Li Qiao's words, the clerk was overjoyed, and he really was a big customer.

"One knife of straw paper is thirty Wen, three knife is ninety Wen. One knife of hemp paper is one hundred Wen, two knife is two hundred Wen. One knife of rice paper is one thousand Wen. This adds up to a total of 1,290 Wen."

"In terms of ink ingots, our local ink ingots are enough for daily writing, one piece is forty wen, two is eighty wen."

"Add the 5,000 wen from the Four Books, guest officer, and the total is 6,370 wen." The

clerk's calculation skills are quite strong, and he calculated the final price without using an abacus.

Li Qiao hummed, he also counted this number.

He opened the money bag, took out a small silver ingot of five taels, took out another coin, and finally counted out three hundred and seventy copper plates.

The money was given out, and half of the money bag was empty. Adding the three taels of silver for the desk and chair, the day's income was gone.

Who doesn't say that reading is expensive.

After returning to the bullock cart with the books and papers in his arms, Li Qiao went straight back to the village.

It happened to be noon when he got home, and Li Chuntao had already prepared lunch, and today's lunch was still rich, with braised duck neck and duck mix, fried pumpkin, corn buns, rice wine glutinous rice balls.

The brewing method of rice wine is very simple. Li Qiao brewed some rice wine when he taught Li Liang how to make maltose.

In addition, the recipe of glutinous rice balls is also simple, so rice wine glutinous rice balls have now become a dessert in his family.

Today's glutinous rice balls are stuffed with corn and black sesame. Even after eating corn for several days, Tao Zhu still didn't get tired of it.

At the dinner table, Li Qiao talked about today's expenses.

Li Dashan clucked his tongue when he heard this: "Uncle, from now on I will follow you to learn how to read. You spend a share of the money, and we can learn three people's characters!"

Li Qiao was speechless when he heard this. Only then are willing to work hard on literacy.

Tao Zhu nodded fiercely: "Da Shan is right, this money can't be spent in vain." He wants

the money to be used to its full potential.

After finishing speaking, he looked at Li Chuntao: "Chuntao, are you willing to read and write? If you are willing, I will teach you." "...Is

there still a share for me?" Li Chuntao, who was eating steamed buns, was dumbfounded when he heard this.

She is a girl, so she can read and write?

"As long as you are willing to learn, then you have your share. Although we can't take the imperial examination, our family is now doing business and needs to keep accounts every day. Knowing a few words is definitely better than being blind." Li Chuntao heard the

words Thinking of Li Dashan and her busy feet not touching the ground when Li Qiao and Tao Zhu went out, but Li Dashan still had to weigh the folks and calculate the money and keep accounts, so he nodded without hesitation.

"Okay, I'll learn."

If it was in the past, it would make no difference to her whether she could read or not.

But it's different now.

If she could read and write, she could help Li Qiao and Tao Zhu a lot.

"As long as you are willing to learn, I will teach you how to write your name after making the dim sum this afternoon." Tao Zhu said with a smile.

Calculated in this way, it costs one piece of money to know four people's characters.

Suddenly it was much cheaper.

"En!" Li Chuntao nodded heavily.

Li Qiao: "..."

All right.

Knowing a few words is better than being illiterate.

In the afternoon, after the snacks were finished, Tao Zhu really picked up the small wooden stick and began to teach Li Chuntao how to read.

Li Dashan also flipped through his account book, holding a small wooden stick and gesturing on the ground the names of the villagers written on it.

Li Qiao went back to the house. The desk he bought today was placed in front of the window of his and Tao Zhu's bedroom. Sitting in front of the brand new desk, he opened the four books.

There are no punctuation marks at this time, and when reading, it is up to him to make sentences.

Fortunately, the original body has a little foundation, otherwise, if there are traditional characters and no punctuation marks, then he must have a big head.

After a brief flip, among the four books, "University" has the fewest words, only a few thin pages.

So Li Qiao put the remaining three books aside, and put "The Great Learning" in front of him.

To prevent distraction, he closed the window and read.

When he read the first sentence, he was a little impetuous.

But he didn't get distracted, frowned, and read word by word.

Li Qiao never thought that he was so smart. Although he was admitted to the top three universities in the country in his previous life, it was more due to his own hard work.

The experience of being an orphan since he was a child made him understand that he could not rely on anyone except himself, so he had no choice but to work hard.

Right now, although it is a different time and space, sitting at the desk, the state of mind that he had no choice but to fight in his previous life soon enveloped him.

The impetuosity disappeared, and he devoted himself wholeheartedly to it.

When he came back to his senses, the room was already dark.

After autumn, the sky gets dark early.

There were very light and very familiar footsteps in the yard. The footsteps entered the main room and then came towards the bedroom.

But at the door of the bedroom, the footsteps disappeared.

No one knocked on the door either.

"Brother Zhu, come in." He said with a smile.

As soon as these words came out, the door of the room was pushed open a gap, and Tao Zhu poked his head in. He blamed himself a little: "Did I disturb you?" "No, I should have a rest too

."

Li Qiao said Stretched his waist, he hadn't sat for so long in a long time, now his shoulders are a little sore, and his buttocks are also aching.

Seeing this, Tao Zhu immediately opened the door and walked in: "I'll squeeze it for you."

"Dashan and Chuntao have gone home, and dinner is ready. There has been no movement from your side. I think it's getting dark. Then I thought about coming over and asking if you want to light the oil lamp."

Along with these words, he stood behind the chair, put his bony hands on Li Qiao's shoulders, and began to massage Li Qiao.

The two had played massages several times, and he knew what strength to use at this time.

The soreness in the shoulders disappeared little by little under Tao Zhu's rubbing. Li Qiao squinted his eyes and leaned on the back of the chair relaxedly: "Supper is already ready, and reading is really addictive.

" Reading?" Tao Zhu was a little surprised.

"Yes. What's the matter?"

"You...are you stressed?" Tao Zhu frowned.

It has been more than an hour since Li Qiao entered the house.

During this period, Li Qiao remained silent.

In the past, there has never been such a situation, as long as he and Li Qiao are at home, no matter what work they are doing, Li Qiao will always chat with him, even if he is in the kitchen and Li Qiao is in the shed, then Li Qiao will be separated Run to the kitchen once in a quarter of an hour.

So, he came in just now, not only because it was dark and the room needed to be lit, but also because he was in great shock and confusion.

In fact, he wondered if Li Qiao fell asleep just now...

But who knew that Li Qiao not only didn't sleep, but actually read the book seriously for an hour?

He knows how difficult it is to read and write, and at noon, out of curiosity, he flipped through four books, each of which was like a heavenly book, but such a difficult book, Li Qiao was able to sit still and read for an hour because he Did it put pressure on Li Qiao? Thinking of this, he didn't wait for Li Qiao to answer, and immediately said: "You don't have to work

so hard, even if you fail the imperial examination, that's okay."

It's also very good."

Li Qiao didn't understand Tao Zhu's brain circuit for a while, but there was indeed pressure.

"Everyone is under pressure to take the imperial examination, but since you choose this path, you must want to pass the exam, otherwise it is a waste of time and money." "If you want to pass the exam, you have to work hard, just like

I pushed the board back then The car goes to the county town to sell fish, and you have to work so hard in your studies to be able to pass the exam." "What

I mean is... I'm sure you can pass the exam. Does my attitude put pressure on you?"

Tao Zhu He stopped, bent down and looked down at him, with self-blame on his pretty face.

"This..." Li Qiao finally understood what Tao Zhu meant, he couldn't help laughing, then stretched out his big hand to wrap around Tao Zhu's slender waist, motioning him to sit on his lap.

When Tao Zhu really sat down on his lap, he first leaned over and kissed Tao Zhu's pursed lips, and then shook his head: "You didn't put pressure on me, I wanted to pass the exam myself." "Really?" Tao

Zhu Wrapping his hands around his neck, he felt a little disbelieving, but there was still self-blame on his face.

"Of course it's true. As you think, if you spend all the money, you must pass the exam, otherwise the money will be wasted.

" This money. Regardless of whether you can be admitted as a scholar, you are very good with me."

Tao Zhu said very seriously.

But before Li Qiao could speak, he lowered his eyes, unconsciously circling Li Qiao's Adam's apple with his right hand, and said in a low voice, "Actually, if you fail the exam, then we can stay in the village forever. It's a good match, and we don't need anything, that's great."

Sanliu Village is his paradise, and he is willing to stay here for the rest of his life.

But Li Qiao is a man, how could he be willing to stay in this small village for the rest of his life.

Thinking of this, he raised his eyes again, and returned to the seriousness just now: "Although I don't want my husband to become a dragon, if you have ambitions, then I support you to fight hard." "I just don't want you to be pressured because of me

, I don't even want to block your progress because of me."

Although the future of the imperial examination described by this person made him feel at a loss and fear, as long as it is this person, he is willing to do his best to keep up with his footsteps.

Li Qiao never expected Tao Zhu to say such a thing, and he couldn't help being stunned for a few seconds.

When I came back to my senses, my heart was filled with warmth.

Tao Zhu really has no reservations in front of him, he can say whatever he thinks in his heart, and his sincerity towards him is more true than the truth.

He grabbed Tao Zhu's hand that was making trouble on his Adam's apple, and the other hand hugged Tao Zhu's waist tightly, and then stood up from the chair.

Tao Zhu: "!"

He was startled, his eyes widened, and he subconsciously clung to Li Qiao's body.

Li Qiao hugged him and walked towards the bed: "You didn't put pressure on me, you were my motivation. Although Sanliu Village is good, I want to take you out to have a look." Originally, he thought that Fulang's hot kang was very good

.

He has supernatural powers, and cultivating them well is enough to protect his little family.

But the little landlord and the shopkeeper Zhao who competed with the Zheng family for business made him understand that fists alone are not enough, identity is also necessary.

So he wanted to take the imperial examination.

Of course, there is pottery bamboo.

The more he got along, the more he realized that it would be a pity if Tao Zhu stayed in this small Sanliu Village all his life.

Tao Zhu is willing to make progress, so he wants to take Tao Zhu to see the world.

Going out with Tao Zhu, that's not called wandering, that's called honeymoon travel.

So, Tao Zhu soon realized that he really didn't put pressure on Li Qiao. Hearing Li Qiao describe the outside world to him, for the first time, his anticipation overwhelmed him with confusion and anxiety.

He wanted to visit the birthplace of the Youth League and the bacon sausage.

On the second day, Tao Zhu worked harder, and he wanted to make more snacks, so that Li Qiao would have more time to study.

He discussed with Li Qiao, wanting Li Chuntao to master the core technology like Li Dashan.

Li Chuntao used to do preliminary work, such as cooking beans, grinding glutinous rice flour, and making wheat starch.

Li Chuntao's timing is fast and the finished product is good. She also knows how to avoid suspicion and never inquire about the way of dim sum. If this is the case, then I can teach her how to make dim sum.

Li Qiao had no objection to this.

He also couldn't fault Li Chuntao, compared to Li Dashan's carelessness, Li Chuntao was steady and reliable.

So, when the family who got number three was drawn to supply Wangyuelou, Li Chuntao's wages increased to Li Dashan's, and both of them started making dim sum.

With Li Chuntao's participation, the number of dim sum provided by Li Qiao to Wangyuelou did not increase every day, so Li Qiao was finally able to get out of the heavy dim sum making.

An autumn rain fell and the weather became much colder.

The autumn harvest in Sanliu Village has begun.

Li Qiao and Tao Zhu's new house has finally been built.

The author has something to say:

Cough, the number of words is less... Li Qiao started reading, I want to go through the plot QAQ