Chapter 176-180

Chapter 176 Xu Ying, Xin Zhi Promoted to Officials, Li Qiao Moved, and the Seventh Prince Stands Still

Sheng Hong threw out the cannonball, causing all the officials to focus their attention on the remaining princes.

To be precise, it was the second prince, the fourth prince, and the sixth prince.

As Li Qiao analyzed before, the eldest prince's health is not good enough, so he should be ruled out first.

The Seventh Prince's actions were too domineering and his methods were too vicious, offending most of the civil and military officials of the Manchu Dynasty, he was also eliminated.

However, although it is said that there is no need to stand in line as anxiously as before, the officials must have a bias in their hearts. They want the prince who is close to them to take the position.

But the problem raised by Sheng Hong... is easy to solve, and it is indeed easy to solve. As long as you have enough money, you can simply and rudely lay green bricks, adobe bricks, and bluestone slabs on all official roads. Entering Beijing is much easier.

But the key is, who has the financial resources?

In the place close to Shengjing, be cruel and grit your teeth, that can turn the dirt road into a brick road or a stone road.

However, some prefectures in the south are so far away from Shengjing that it takes more than half a year to go back and forth. If such a long distance is paved with brick roads or stone roads, the cost of money will be astronomical.

Not to mention individuals, even the national treasury can't hold it.

If the roads are not paved with bricks or stone slabs, then how to solve the problem of taxation and grain entering Beijing?

Not only a few princes are pondering this matter, all officials are pondering this difficult problem, but this does not include Li Qiao.

He is busy moving.

The two courtyards to the west of the Peng family's mansion are in the style of Jiangnan gardens. Tao Zhu, Zheng Qianqian and others have never lived in this style of courtyard. They all like it very much. After seeing the house, they plan to move.

Of course, Li Qiao listened to his family and moved there first, and then rebuilt the yard.

It only took two days for the family to move from the old house in the north of the city to the new house in the east of the city. The name of Peng's Mansion on the gate was changed to Li's Mansion.

After moving into his new home, Li Qiao invited his friends over to celebrate.

In April of the lunar calendar, it is the season when vegetation is luxuriant and flowers are in full bloom. The west courtyard of Li Mansion is full of flowers and willows, and the sun is shining brightly. Li Qiao asked people to set up barbecue stalls and hot pot stalls under the willow trees beside the pond.

It will be early summer, and the temperature is not too high. Everyone eats these two kinds of food around the stove, and they don't feel hot.

"Brother Li, you are changing houses so fast. You have been an official in the capital for three years, and you have changed three houses. I admire you. I admire you so much." Xin Zhi stood by the pond with a few skewers of pork belly

, While looking at the koi swimming in the pond, he sighed to Li Qiao who was sitting beside him.

He can be regarded as having seen the big world, but this is really the first time he has seen Brother Li's rapid rise!

When the people at the same table heard this, they all laughed.

"No, but this time it's in place in one step. This house is really good, and I will definitely not change it in the future."

Xu Ying said, stretching the bunch of roasted mushrooms in his hand towards Li Qiao: "Come on, touch it, dip it in." Get your joy."

"I'll touch it too!"

Meng Yue immediately raised the mutton skewers in her hand.

He doesn't ask for a promotion, he asks him to have a happy ending with the Seventh Prince!

Zhuang Wen must not fall behind, it doesn't matter whether he gets promoted or not, but he is willing to share Li Qiao's joy!

"Touch and touch." He hurriedly picked up a bunch of grilled fish fillets from the plate.

"Come here." Xin Zhi quickly stretched out the pork belly in his hand.

"Let's go, let's touch each other, we'll all feel happy."

Li Qiao raised the shrimp skewers in his hand, and touched them one by one.

After touching, he said to Zhuang Wen: "Brother Wen, you should also consider changing the house."

Zhou Yun gave birth some time ago, and he is a big fat boy. one time.

Now Zhuang Wen lives in a courtyard with three entrances, let's say it's small, not small.

If the dealers come over, they will be able to live if they are squeezed together.

However, Li Ping's son Zhuang Fang has been admitted as a scholar, and he may come to Shengjing to study, and the manor has not yet married, once married, the current house will definitely not be enough to live in.

"I have this plan, but it's a big deal, I have to discuss it with my family."

Zhuang Wen said.

The four-entry house is more expensive than the three-entry house, so he has to discuss it with his family for such a large sum of money.

"It should. However, if you want to buy a house, you can take a look at my old house."

Li Qiao said.

If there is no accident, this new house is the place where he and Tao Zhu will retire. This house is big enough, even if there are people from Sanliu Village, they can live there.

Therefore, if the Zhuang family is interested, he doesn't mind transferring the four-in-one house to Zhuang Wen.

"Okay, brother, I will remember what you said."

Zhuang Wen's eyes lit up immediately.

The house is good, with a greenhouse, suitable for the elderly to live in.

If his father came, living in the conservatory in winter could not be more comfortable.

Seeing this, Xu Ying sighed faintly.

Brother Hua wanted to live closer to Tao Zhu, so he kept looking at the house in the east of the city, but the Holy One directly rewarded Li Qiao with a house.

As far as this lot is concerned, it is impossible to win with only money.

What's more, Brother Hua doesn't have that much money.

As for his Xu family's money, he would never use it, otherwise, his family would definitely stand up and make trouble with Brother Hua again.

Meng Yue on the side buried her head in eating the skewers in silence, absolutely not participating in this topic, lest everyone persuade him.

He is not interested in buying a house.

If possible, he would like to rent a room at Brother Li's house. Brother Li's house is on the same street as the Seventh Prince's Mansion, envious!

After the lively housewarming banquet, Li Qiao's life continued as usual. After moving to the east of the city, his commuting distance was greatly shortened, and he could stay at home for a while more every day.

The two cross courtyards on the east side are traditional courtyards with four entrances. He hired craftsmen to knock down all the houses and prepare to rebuild them.

This time, he will definitely get out the cement quietly, and he has to get a decree of appreciation from the Seventh Prince.

When Li Qiao's house demolished the courtyard, Sheng Hong issued several imperial decrees one after another. This time, several positions were vacated in the official department, and several positions previously occupied by the Peng family were rearranged.

The two bachelor attendants from the Imperial Academy, as well as Lord Duan and Lord Li who were in the same room with Li Qiao before, were transferred to the Ministry of Officials.

Xin Zhi occupied one of the vacated seats in the Hanlin Academy, and it was edited from the original seventh-rank Hanlin Academy to the fifth-rank Bachelor of Attendance.

Xin Zhi was very happy, held a banquet in Baiweilou, and invited a group of people to celebrate.

Previously, his grandfather was rejected by the Supreme Emperor because of the eldest prince's broken leg, so that he had no title and no one in his family was an official.

Now he is not only an official, but also promoted in just over three years!

It is a good position to study as a bachelor from the fifth-rank waiter, and the next promotion is just around the corner!

Gu Lianghan, who was in the same class as Li Qiao and Xin Zhi, also became a fifth-rank bachelor.

In addition, Sheng Hong also transferred a doctor in charge of the twelve departments from the household department.

In this way, the Ministry of Households has vacated the position of the chief doctor.

Xu Ying stepped up to this position.

Lang Zhong, the head of the twelfth department of the household department, holds the real power and is a regular fifth-rank official. Xu Ying's original rice and bank officer, Wailang, is also a fifth-rank official. Xu Ying is an ordinary official.

However, such an unpopular small department as the Food and Banking Office is incomparable to the 12 Household Departments. Each of the 12 Household Departments holds a province's finances, land, household registration and other powers. This time Xu Ying can be regarded as a promotion.

The most obvious evidence is that his salary has increased.

Dasheng determines the salary according to the actual power in the hands of each official. Although they are all fifth-rank officials, the salary of the doctor in the 12th Department of the Ministry of Finance is higher than that of the waiter in the bank.

This was a happy event, Xu Ying was very happy, and arranged a banquet at home, inviting friends to celebrate together.

What made him even happier was that Brother Hua was pregnant.

After being married for so long, Shen Hua finally became pregnant, and now he can keep his family's mouths shut.

There was joy around him, so Li Qiao threw another banquet at home, because both Xin Zhi and Xu Ying felt that he was promoted because of his joy, and they both wanted to be happy again, so he had to hold another banquet.

Meng Yue and Zhuang Wen were also present.

Although the two were not promoted, they were not unhappy. Zhuang Wen always took this matter lightly, while Meng Yue was afraid that being promoted to other departments would be too far away from the Seventh Prince.

However, they were sincerely happy for Xu Ying and Xin Zhi.

Promotion is good, continue to promote!

"It will definitely not be easy to get promoted next time. Recently, the princes have been very calm, and so have all the officials."

Xin Zhi took a sip of the rice wine to take away the spicy taste in his mouth, and couldn't help talking about the situation between the two courts.

"The Holy Majesty has such a problem, and the princes don't accept it. My family is also thinking about

it, but they don't have a clue." I can't even support this huge consumption, let alone a few princes."

Meng Yue also nodded.

The Seventh Prince was fighting for the throne for the First Prince, so he naturally took this matter to heart, but there was no solution to this matter.

But the Seventh Prince was not in a hurry at all, he still tried the case on weekdays, and he didn't care about this difficult problem at all.

worry!

Li Qiao blinked his eyes when he heard this, after work yesterday, he and Tao Zhu went to visit the Seventh Prince with puffs and other small desserts.

The Seventh Prince is indeed having a headache about this matter, and the Seventh Prince can't think of any other way except money.

However, if it comes to financial resources, the Seventh Prince has a chance of winning, because the First Prince has a lot of property in his hands, and just a gambling house can earn a thousand dollars a day.

The other three princes did not have this advantage.

Therefore, the Seventh Prince was not anxious at all, and even quoted Li Qiao's famous saying, if the matter cannot be resolved satisfactorily, then whoever has more money and can build more roads will be the winner.

Since the chances of winning are sure, it only needs to watch the other three princes make moves.

Now that Sheng Hong has laid out the conditions for competing for the crown prince, can the remaining three princes bear it?

The Seventh Prince's words were really reasonable, so Li Qiao could only pretend to have a headache at this time, worrying with a few friends.

But when his friends left, he immediately went to Dongkuayuan with Tao Zhu.

Although the Seventh Prince's strategy was to stay put, just in case, he still beat out the cement first.

He can use the big killer of cement, but he can't.

At this time, the Dongkua courtyard has lost its original appearance. The craftsmen are very slow at work, and have already transported all the dismantled wood, bricks, tiles, etc., and now the two courtyards are empty.

Tao Zhu took Li Qiao's hand and walked along the wall, slowly talking about the layout of the courtyard.

"Where do we grow vegetables? East or west? Now Xiaorui is clamoring to grow vegetables every day, so I want to grow vegetables too." "

On the east side, it's convenient for us to live in the east side."

Li Qiao directly road.

This house is too big. The five courtyards together are three thousand meters wide. If you live in the east courtyard, but the vegetable field is in the west courtyard, it will be too inconvenient.

"Okay, listen to you."

Tao Zhu imagined the scene of growing vegetables and flowers in his own yard, with a smile on his face, this is how to live.

The four-entry house before was also good, but the yard was covered with bluestone slabs, and if you want to grow vegetables and flowers, you can only grow them in flower pots, which is too aggrieved.

As a little brother who grew up in the countryside, he never imagined that it would be so difficult to grow vegetables one day.

Fortunately, there is a new house.

Tomorrow, all kinds of building materials will be delivered, and it is just around the corner to grow flowers and vegetables at home~

Li Qiao is also full of expectations for tomorrow, and the building materials are all in, so will the cement be far behind?

The author has something to say: