Chapter 43 Business Is Good

"Li Qiao, Li Qiao! Hahaha, come out quickly."

Butcher Zheng's voice came first before he arrived.

At this time, a villager came to sell dry firewood at the gate of the yard. Seeing his appearance, he asked, "Old Zheng, what is your happy event?

" This dish, as soon as I set up the stall today, I immediately attracted customers, and everyone who tasted it said it was delicious, and it was sold out in a short time!"

Zheng Butcher laughed.

Of course, the actual situation is somewhat different from what he said, but the difference is not big.

Because the cooked sausage needs to be fried, so today Shi Ju and Zhao Ting also went to the town to help.

The Zheng family's shop in the town had a small courtyard with a well and simple kitchen utensils, so Shi Ju placed a small stove next to the stall to fry sausages on the spot.

The fried sausage is also delicious.

Pingcheng is located in the north, and there is no habit of making all kinds of meat sausages. The small intestines of pigs are treated as ordinary offal like the large intestines of pigs.

The location of Zheng's Pork Shop is pretty good, close to the south exit of the town, no matter whether you enter the town or leave the town from here, you can see the things on his stall.

Therefore, as soon as Shiju's small stove and iron pot are put out, they attract the attention of customers.

Pedestrians passing by saw her take out a few sticks of food they hadn't seen before, so they couldn't help but take a second look.

This is...

On the other side, Zheng Butcher, Zheng Qi, and Zhao Ting have already placed pork balls, pork head meat, pork ribs, cucumbers, fungus, and seasonings on the stall.

The fungus was soaked. Zhao Ting followed the method taught by Tao Zhu yesterday, and quickly mixed a cucumber with fungus, and put some sliced ​​roast sausage in it.

After finishing the dish, Butcher Zheng divided the dish into two bowls, and then he took the bowls to the shops of the left and right neighbors.

The neighbor on the left is selling biscuits, and the neighbor on the right is selling buns.

Everyone has been old neighbors for more than ten years, and the relationship is not bad. Butcher Zheng sent over the cold dish in the bowl, and introduced with a smile that this is a new cold dish introduced by his family, so that everyone can taste it.

This cold dish is quite appetizing no matter whether it smells or looks at it.

What's more, there are a few slices in it...Looking at the color, the red is dotted with white. Is this meat?

Butcher Zheng introduced with a smile that this is a method that a scholar in his village read from a book. It is called sausage, made of pure pork, and tastes extremely good.

Upon hearing this, the neighbors on both sides immediately took a piece of sausage with their chopsticks and put it in their mouths. Immediately afterwards, their eyes lit up.

This taste is unique!

tasty!

The grilled sausage that Tao Zhu made under Li Qiao's guidance is delicious without any seasoning, not to mention that Zhao Ting added seasoning and mixed it cold, the taste is full and delicious.

Both sides have been old neighbors for more than ten years. These days, they have seen Butcher Zheng's plight and yesterday's fight. At this time, Butcher Zheng brought over a bowl of cold dishes with excellent taste and mixed with meat. The neighbors on both sides I know what he means.

Anyway, the cold dish tasted really good, so they asked about the price.

If it's just cucumber and fungus, a bowl costs six cents.

Cucumber is easy to get, but fungus is not easy to get, so it is more expensive.

If one more sausage was added, the total would be twenty-four cash. In other words, a sausage is eighteen Wen.

A sausage weighs two taels, and there is only a very small amount of starch in it. The rest is made of pure pork, which is eight parts thin and two parts fat.

If it is two taels, that is more than three Wen, less than four Wen.

But the problem is that a pound of raw pork cannot cook a pound of cooked pork, and the weight of raw meat will decrease when it becomes mature. In addition, the seasonings are all good things, sucrose, aniseed, none of them are cheap, so In the end, the cost of a two-two-weight sausage is ten cents.

This is not counted as labor, but if it is counted as labor, it must be worth three pennies to make this in summer.

Therefore, it is not considered cheating to sell eighteen yuan a piece now.

Eighteen cents for a sausage?

This is more expensive than the price of pork!

The neighbors on both sides were shocked. If they didn't know about Butcher Zheng's temperament, they would definitely think that Butcher Zheng was killing them.

But the taste of this sausage is really good. The tasting just now has whetted their appetites. Forget it, grit your teeth, be cruel, and buy one. Anyway, you don't eat it every day.

Therefore, the first business opened was promoted by Butcher Zheng. It is not the customer who takes the initiative to come forward.

After successfully selling the first portion, Butcher Zheng prepared to sell braised pork and pork balls. With the help of Li Qiao, Tao Zhu, and Li Chuntao yesterday, their family marinated all the meat except for sausage.

There is so much meat, and today is not a big market, besides, the cooked food sold by his family was mediocre, so if you want to sell all the meat on the stall, you can't do it without opening your mouth.

You have to take the initiative to solicit customers.

However, if you want people to pay for meat products, you must first let them taste the taste.

So, Zhao Ting mixed another serving of cucumber and fungus, and then Butcher Zheng stood beside the stall with a tray on which were prepared cold dishes and wooden skewers.

He was about to open his mouth to yell for free tasting of cold dishes, but a carriage slowly stopped in front of his stall.

The door opened, and shopkeeper Wang got off the carriage.

Shopkeeper Wang came to the town to visit relatives, but as the shopkeeper of Wangyue Tower, he has always been obsessed with food.

Just now he saw the grilled sausages in Shiju's iron pot from the opened curtain of the car, so he asked the driver to stop.

It looks like a sausage, but not as dry as a sausage.

Out of curiosity, he wanted to see what it was.

Butcher Zheng went to Wangyuelou for dinner, so he knew shopkeeper Wang, a very down-to-earth shopkeeper. When he saw him, Butcher Zheng hurriedly greeted him, and even pulled out Li Qiao. They were all made under Li Qiao's guidance.

Li Qiao?

Shopkeeper Wang is serious now.

It just so happened that Shiju had fried two sausages, so shopkeeper Wang picked up one with chopsticks to try it out. Once he ate it, he wanted to pat the table.

Of course, at this time he was standing, and there was no table to photograph.

He pointed to the remaining sausages on the stall, and he wanted them all!

Anyway, Xiao Wu has to go to Sanliu Village every day. If Butcher Zheng can provide such roast sausages in the future, then he is willing to do long-term business with Butcher Zheng.

In addition to the grilled sausage, the pork balls were also delicious, and he wanted them all.

In addition, the taste of cold dishes is also good.

He has never been to Sanliu Village, let alone tasted Tao Zhu's craftsmanship, he just heard Xiao Wu mention that Li Qiao's food is delicious.

But he didn't take it to heart.

It's all home-cooked breakfast, steamed buns, rice porridge, lump soup, egg cakes, cold vegetables and so on.

But I never expected that Li Qiao not only made delicious dim sum, but also made excellent meals!

However, his chef's skills are not bad, otherwise how could Wangyuelou become the largest restaurant in Pingcheng.

So, forget about the cold salad.

But this sausage and pork balls must be in Mochizuki!

Shopkeeper Wang wanted to buy it, and Butcher Zheng wanted to boost his own business. The two hit it off right away. There was no pen and paper at the time, so they just agreed verbally.

Shopkeeper Wang asked Zheng Tuhu to go to Wangyue Tower tomorrow to make a written statement.

Shopkeeper Wang left with the grilled sausage and pork balls, and the items on the stall were reduced by half. Butcher Zheng was very happy, and the business was successful!

However, he was happy, and the business had to continue, so he stood next to the stall with a tray and yelled loudly.

Free tasting, free tasting.

He also attracted shopkeeper Wang, and even the shopkeeper of Wangyue Tower in the county town praised him!

Many people around saw the scene when shopkeeper Wang bought all the roast sausages and pork balls just now.

Orion's butcher's shop is not far from Zheng's butcher's shop, more than 20 meters away, with several shops in between.

This distance is not too far, that Orion and the two men who fought with Zheng Butcher Zheng Qi yesterday also saw that scene.

See you see, these three people didn't pay much attention, they were busy.

Just a joke, butcher Zheng said he was the shopkeeper of Wangyuelou, so is he really the shopkeeper of Wangyuelou?

Who can prove that it is the shopkeeper of Mochizuki Tower?

Besides, even if the shopkeeper of Wangyuelou really appeared in the town, how could he buy cooked food from Zheng's butcher shop?

Zheng's cooked food tastes average, if it is not cheap, no one would buy it.

And just now that person tasted the products from Zheng's Butcher's before buying. Under normal circumstances, even if people are greedy for cheap to buy cooked food from Zheng's Butcher's, they would not buy so much at one go. After all, the taste is Really bad.

Therefore, the man and the carriage just now must have been hired by Butcher Zheng.

That scene was definitely planned in advance!

With this in mind, the three people on Orion's side didn't take Zheng Butcher's "performance" seriously at all. The pork in their butcher shop is cheap, and besides pork, they also sell vegetables and eggs, even if it is not a big market. , There are also many customers in their shop.

They don't bother to visit a butcher shop that is doomed to close down soon, they are really busy.

On the other side, the shops on the left and right of Zheng's butcher's shop and the shops on the opposite side, these shopkeepers have different ideas.

For example, the dim sum shop opposite Zheng's butcher shop.

The owner of the dim sum shop has been selling dim sum in the town for many years, and his family background is not bad, so he can occasionally go to Wangyue Tower for tooth festivals.

Shopkeeper Wang is down-to-earth, not only often visits the morning market to buy, but also often stays at the front desk to check out and collect money when he is in Wangyuelou, so the owner of the dim sum shop knows him.

Just now I saw shopkeeper Wang bought a big basket from Zheng's butcher's shop and got into the carriage, and now he heard Zheng's butcher yelling, so the owner of the pastry shop couldn't help wandering to the Zheng's butcher's shop.

Anyway, it's free to taste, so try it, it smells really good.

After piercing a piece of cucumber with a wooden stick and putting it in his mouth, he was surprised. What happened to Butcher Zheng's culinary skills? Such a shocking change in such a short period of time?

This level is not inferior to Wangyue Tower at all!

After confirming that it was delicious, the owner of the dim sum shop asked how to sell it.

Braised pork head meat costs sixty Wen per catty.

For lean meat like stewed big bone meat, it costs forty-five Wen per catty.

For stewed pork ribs, one catty is...

In short, the price of each part is different.

And, it's not cheap.

This price is almost as high as that of Mochizuki Tower.

But the taste is indeed comparable to that of Mochizuki Tower.

The owner of the dim sum shop is also in business, so he secretly calculated the cost. One catty of raw meat can yield five or six taels of cooked meat. If you want one catty of cooked meat, you need nearly two catties of raw meat.

Plus the seasoning, especially the chili oil, which is oily, and smells it, the aroma is tangy, and you can tell that there are precious aniseed ingredients.

So, the owner of the dim sum shop bought half a catty of cold pork head meat.

At this time, other people were also attracted.

In addition to the surrounding shop owners, there are also people in the town, as well as country people who come to the town to buy and sell things.

After trying the cucumber and fungus for free, I found that the taste is really good. Most people don't buy it. Those who are willing to buy are either vegan, or vegetarian dishes with one tael, two taels, or half a catty of braised pork.

But unable to withstand the crowds in the town, shopkeeper Wang bought all the roasted sausage and pork balls, so in less than an hour, Butcher Zheng sold out the stewed meat prepared at the stall.

After packing up the things and putting them in the ox cart, and locked the door of the shop, Butcher Zheng drove the ox cart, deliberately walked past the door of the Orion butcher shop, and returned to the village from the northern end of the town.

"Li Qiao, you didn't see how ugly those three people's faces are, tsk tsk, it's like eating a dead mouse."

Zheng Tuhu recalled the faces of Orion's three people, and couldn't help laughing again.

Want to run his shop so hard that he can't keep going? Hey, his Zheng's butcher shop is going to be booming again!

Li Qiao smiled: "That shop originally thought that they could raise the price when the Zheng's butcher's shop was closed. But now that the Zheng's butcher's shop is booming, their plans fell through." "That's not it!" Zheng

said

. The butcher nodded fiercely, deeply agreeing.

He has always done business at a fair price, earning a lot of hard-earned money, and the reason he is able to live a prosperous life now is that he can sell a lot of pork every day, accumulating a lot.

The Orion's shop set the price lower than his, with the aim of crowding him out. Now that Zheng's butcher shop is not leaving, he wants to see if the Orion raises the price.

If you don't raise the price, you can certainly make money, but you can't make too much, because firstly, the price is low, and secondly, he is dividing up the market. The money in people's pockets is limited. If you buy cooked meat from his family, you can no longer buy raw pork from Orion's family.

If the price increases, Orion's shop will have no advantage.

So, now it is the Orion who suffers.

whee.

When the joy was over, Butcher Zheng's face turned serious: "Li Qiao, tomorrow I'm going to the county seat to make a statement with shopkeeper Wang. It's all up to you, so you must take half of the money you earn, or I will get angry , I don't need your charity, do you understand?"

"...that's charity."

Li Qiao couldn't laugh or cry, and asked, "When you lent me money back then, did

you give me alms ?" It's so pitiful, I can't bear to see such a man who values ​​love and righteousness cry with snot and tears."

Butcher Zheng nodded.

"..."

For the first time, Li Qiao didn't know how to respond.

In the face of such sincerity, he could not refute.

Tao Zhu, who was busy in the kitchen, couldn't help laughing when he heard this.

Li Qiao is also sometimes speechless, which is rare.

He put down what he was doing and came out of the kitchen.

Li Qiao and Zheng Butcher sat under the shelf outside the shed. In the hot summer, Li Qiao asked Li Dashan to cut down trees from the mountain and built a small shed along the shed with ventilation on all sides for eating and resting.

Tao Zhu walked over, sat down beside Li Qiao, and said to Butcher Zheng, "Uncle Zheng, let's settle the score." "

Okay, settle the score, I brought all the money!

" The money bag was taken off, there were broken silver and copper plates in it, he was about to dump all the money inside on the table, Tao Zhu immediately stopped him.

"Uncle Zheng, what I want to settle is a pig's account."

"A pig's account?" Butcher Zheng was puzzled.

"Let's talk about the pig's head first. If a live pig's head weighs ten catties, you can only get five or six catties of pig's head meat in the end.

" Penny."

"Seventy-two pennies is quite a lot, higher than those who sell live pigs." Zheng Butcher said.

"But what you earn is also a hard-earned money. Braining the pig's head to maturity, and then transporting it to the town, it's so hard in the summer."

Tao Zhu said.

"That's the reason!"

Li Qiao quickly nodded, and he gave Tao Zhu a look of approval. He was confused by Zheng Tuhu's sincerity just now, and for a moment forgot to refute from this angle.

"Uncle Zheng, the pigs we raise in the countryside usually only weigh more than one hundred catties. This kind of pigs can produce about one hundred catties of raw pork. Let's calculate this in general. If the profit per catty is twelve Wen, a profit of 100 catties is 1200 Wen."

"I heard from Brother Qian that under normal circumstances, you sell three pigs in two days. If you encounter a big market, you can sell more." "

If calculated according to this amount, that is to say, the profit per day is one Thousands and eight hundred Wen. Of course, this is just an ideal situation. In case of accidents, it is very likely that you will not be able to earn so much." "Uncle Zheng, let me tell

you the truth, Brother Zhu and I earn a lot every day. , Much more than you. You earn hard money, and you have to chop and stir the meat on a hot day, and you have to sit around the stove, so Brother Zhu and I really don't need you to give us money." Tao

Zhu Nodding aside: "Uncle Zheng, we know what you mean, but when you helped Li Qiao back then, you never thought that Li Qiao would be able to pay you back the money. Comparing your heart to your heart, now that Li Qiao is helping you, you never thought of asking you for money."

"That's different!"

Butcher Zheng turned his eyes around Li Qiao and Tao Zhu, and explained with wide eyes: "The price you calculate is based on the price of pork in the butcher's shop, but I am not. I I sell pork, so my cost of making stewed pork is lower. The money I actually earn is several hundred yuan higher than what you calculated." "When I

sold raw pork, I earned seven or eight hundred yuan a day. Wen. Even if you share half of what you earn now, my family earns more money every day than before." "

Besides, how can it be hard to earn money? After this experience, just a little bit of hard work can keep my family Business, and even earn more than before, God has treated our family well."

"The money should be divided into half of you! Otherwise, I am afraid that God will not see it anymore, and if there is a show, then my family's business will not be able to continue."

Speaking of this, he moved closer to Li Qiao, lowered his voice, and said with a respectful face: "God is watching our village."

Li Qiao: "..."

He also became serious: "Uncle Zheng, you also know that God is watching our village, so the money you get today is the reward for your good deeds that day." "Good and evil will eventually be rewarded. You have done good, so God let

you It has paid off."

Zheng Butcher: "..."

It seems to make sense.

But no, this is not right.

But Li Qiao saw that Butcher Zheng stopped talking, and was about to make persistent efforts, but Butcher Zheng slapped his thigh fiercely: "You give the recipe of maltose to your eldest brother and sister-in-law. Although they don't take the money, they will give you maltose at a low price." "

"So, the prescriptions you gave Li Liang are not for nothing."

"You don't give Li Liang for nothing, how can I compare with Li Liang? You can't give me those prescriptions for nothing!"

He was almost fooled by Li Qiao just now, but luckily he has a good brain!

Li Qiao: "..."

Tao Zhu: "..."

It makes a lot of sense.

Seeing that the husband and wife were speechless, Butcher Zheng smiled immediately: "Look, you have nothing to say? So from now on, half of the money my family earns should be given to you!" "...Since Uncle Zheng mentioned the elder brother as an example,

then How about this, you just give us a chance."

Li Qiao finally let go because he couldn't refuse.

Seeing that Butcher Zheng wanted to refuse, he hurriedly said: "It can only be this number, otherwise I am afraid that God will punish me, and I should repay the favor in the first place. If I ask you for half of the profit, it will appear that I am too greedy."

As soon as these words came out, Tao Zhushui's eyes widened a little, yes, God is watching their village!

Butcher Zheng was also taken aback, how could it be like this?

...

So, after a lot of pushback, until the throats of the three of them were so dry that they smoked, in the end, Butcher Zheng succumbed to the worry that "God might punish Li Qiao", and Li Qiao was defeated by Zheng The sincerity of the butcher wears him down.

Both parties made a concession:

From now on, Butcher Zheng will give Li Qiao 20% of his daily profits.

Butcher Zheng was very dissatisfied with this share, as it was too little for Li Qiao.

His family suffered hardships, and the business could no longer continue, but now he is earning more than before. This turning point made him a little uneasy.

He actually has such a good life?

incredible!

But no matter how much he said, Li Qiao would not accept it, no matter how much he persuaded him, um...then his family should be more diligent in the future.

Tomorrow, we will establish a contract with Wangyuelou, and Wangyuelou will guarantee the bottom line. If his family is more diligent, they may earn three taels of silver a day.

In this way, Li Qiao's 600 Wen can be distributed.

Well, be more diligent!

Butcher Zheng didn't eat at Li Qiao's house and hurried back to his own home.

He had to drive an ox cart to find a source of pigs.

If he wanted to make stewed pork or sausage and pork balls, he needed pork, and now he had no pork at home, so he had to find a source of pigs and kill them.

He has been a butcher for decades, and he knows exactly how many pigs are raised in ten miles and eight villages.

Even across the town, he often goes to the village on the other side of the town, so finding live pigs is not a problem for him.

He is now going to buy two pigs and take them home. After the slaughter, the whole family will make sausages and pork balls, and then go to the county town early tomorrow morning to find shopkeeper Wang to make a written statement. It's perfect!

Butcher Zheng is very motivated, but his family's cooking skills are really not very good. In order to prevent the roasted sausage and pork balls from being unpalatable, he called Li Qiao and Tao Zhu over at night and asked them to give advice on the spot.

On the evening of the second day, Butcher Zheng came to the house with a smile.

He went to Wangyuelou to look for shopkeeper Wang today, and everything went smoothly.

Shopkeeper Wang didn't deliberately lower the price, eighteen yuan for a roast sausage, thirty-five yuan for a catty of pork balls, as much as he sent every day, the Moon Tower would pay.

The content of the whole document is similar to Li Qiao's, the difference is that the roast sausage and pork balls made by Butcher Zheng every day can only be supplied to Wangyuelou and cannot be sold to others.

Today he went to Moon Tower by himself, while Zheng Qi and Shi Ju went to the town to sell braised pork.

Today's stewed pork is also very popular, and he followed Li Qiao's suggestion and ordered more vegetarian dishes, so the business is even better than yesterday.

In this way, the hard work every day is a bit hard, even Brother Qian is busy without a break, but with the experience of the previous half month, no one in their family complained.

It's good if you can make money, it doesn't matter if you are tired.

I'm afraid that I won't be able to earn any money even if I'm exhausted.

"I heard from Daqi that Orion's complexion is uglier today than yesterday. Ha, he deserves it."

Butcher Zheng was very happy when he thought of the picture described by Zheng Qi.

Starting tomorrow, when Xiao Wu comes to Li Qiao's house, he will go to his house to take away the roast sausage and pork balls, so he doesn't have to go to the county every day from now on.

Tomorrow he was going to the town, he wanted to see that Orion's face became even uglier.

"Uncle Zheng, just take a few glances and don't fight any more,"

Li Qiao reminded.

The corners of Zheng Butcher Wu Qing's eyes are not healed yet.

"I know, don't worry, my business is booming now, I'm busy making money, so I don't have time to fight with them." "

Then what if they take the initiative to provoke again?" Tao Zhu was worried.

The other party maliciously competed at low prices and wanted to close the Zheng's butcher's shop. Now that the Zheng's butcher's business is getting better, will the other party deliberately grab customers and fight like last time?

"I'm planning to ask someone from Brother Qian's uncle's family to help. Now there are sausages and meatballs, and there are so many tricks. Only relying on these few people in the family, I can't keep busy." "The children of his uncle's family are tall

horses Big ones, if there are any fights again, we will be the only ones to beat them."

Butcher Zheng said while shaking his fists.

"Then Brother Zhu and I can rest assured." Li Qiao nodded, this is a good idea.

"Also, don't worry, we will never disclose the specific prescription, after all, this is the lifeblood of my family."

Butcher Zheng said again, patting his heart.

After more than half a month of despair, his family is now very concerned about the recipes for roast sausages, pork balls, and braised pork.

No one can leak it out.

Li Qiao nodded again, butcher Zheng was careful, so he was relieved.

"Here, here are the blades and small nails you want."

After finishing the business, Butcher Zheng opened the small basket he brought, and there were more than ten curved blades and a pile of nails in the basket.

This is what Li Qiao specially told him to go to the blacksmith's shop yesterday.

"What are you doing with this blade?" He looked at Li Qiao curiously. He can still understand nails, but what can this kind of curved blade be used for?

"Grinding meat."

At this time, there was no electric meat grinder, so Li Qiao could only find a way to make a manual one, because not only a meat grinder was used to make roast sausages and pork balls, but also a meat grinder was used to make meat floss.

Before, Xiao Wu mentioned that a customer said that the Qingtuan had a variety of fillings, and he thought that only bean paste was enough.

But in the past two days, he was busy thinking about different ways to eat pork, so he thought of the green ball stuffed with egg yolk and meat floss.

Of course, as a classic filling, egg yolk and meat floss can be used not only for green balls, but also for other snacks.

After comprehensive consideration, he wanted to make a manual meat grinder.

The manual meat grinder is not difficult to make, and he can make it himself without looking for a carpenter. When Zheng Tuhu heard Li Qiao's description of the manual meat grinder, he was surprised, delighted and admired: " As expected of

someone who has read the book, he is smart!"

."

This time, Li Qiao did not attribute the manual meat grinder to books, he said he came up with it.

Youth balls, sausages, and wheat sickles are all things that existed in ancient times. He will not arouse suspicion when he pushes them into books.

But the manual meat grinder is definitely not recorded in the books at this time.

So, he said it was an idea of ​​his.

"It's definitely no problem, I believe in you!"

Butcher Zheng now also has a kind of blind faith in Li Qiao, believing that Li Qiao will definitely be able to do it.

Tao Zhu at the side believed in Li Qiao even more, and when Butcher Zheng left, he found a wooden barrel and asked Li Qiao to toss with it.

"Let's do it together."

Li Qiao went to find another wooden barrel, and pulled Tao Zhu to do it together.

On the one hand, he wanted to stay with Tao Zhu, and on the other hand, he wanted Tao Zhu to master some small skills.

In Tao Zhu's heart, there was a sense of unconfidence, and he always felt that his love came from something inexplicable. If so, he would teach Tao Zhu to master some things.

If you know more, with Tao Zhu's temperament, you will definitely become more confident gradually.

The author has something to say:

Wenwen is fictional, these prices are all made up by me, don't be serious, my dears... QAQ