Chapter 11

Li Qiao went to the farmer today to ask for help, so he deliberately brought half a catty of mung bean cake.

But Zhuang Fengshou was very optimistic about this prodigal son who turned back. In addition, the Zhuang family had a good family background, so he asked him to take the half catty of mung bean cake back.

Carry it back and carry it back, maybe you can see Brother Zhu when the whole village gathers later.

In the end, Li Qiao really saw Tao Zhu.

It was getting late, and he originally thought it would be good to just take a few glances like this, but who knew that after the crowd dispersed, Tao Zhu didn't leave, but took the initiative to follow the villagers to him, and stared at him without blinking!

How can this teach him not to be happy?

He couldn't help holding his little hand—Tao Zhu is a little brother after all, his hands are smaller than ordinary men, so he stuffed half a catty of mung bean cake into Tao Zhu's hand.

Thinking of Tao Zhu's moist and sparkling eyes, Li Qiao's steps became much lighter.

Hey, we're holding hands today!

After returning home, Li Qiao went to bed early, and he had to go to the county town to sell fish tomorrow.

He gave seven scythes to the original creditors, and threw all the money from selling fish these days into them.

Now that he has become a pauper again, he has to work harder if he wants to marry Brother Zhu back.

The next day, after Li Qiao finished selling the fish, he waited at the gate of the county seat for about a quarter of an hour, when Zhuang Fengshou, his second son Zhuang Wu, and two respected old men from the village arrived in an ox cart.

The price of wheat sickles is really high, and there is only one blacksmith shop in the county. It is unrealistic to rely on this blacksmith shop to make wheat sickles for the whole village during the wheat harvest period.

Therefore, today Zhuang Fengshou brought two convincing old men in the village to the county seat to see if he could find a solution.

After hearing Li Qiao and Zhuang Fengshou's intentions, the old man Chen from the blacksmith's shop became very enthusiastic, what a deal!

And this is just the beginning!

Although he hadn't seen the scythe with his own eyes, it was enough to show that the scythe was a good thing to make everyone in a village so anxious.

Unable to hold back the smile on his face, he pointed to the northeast direction: "Brother Zhuang, don't worry, my eldest son is in Fucheng, and his father-in-law opened a blacksmith shop in Fucheng, and that blacksmith shop is better than my brother's small shop. Hitting fifteen scythes is easy!"

"I'll let my family go to Fucheng as soon as possible!"

"Okay!"

Zhuang Fengshou didn't expect to solve the problem so easily, and immediately clapped his hands happily.

The next step is to talk about the price.

Zhuang Fengshou needs more scythes, and old man Chen can lower the price by ten cents each. However, since transportation is involved in Fucheng, even if there are more scythes, the price cannot be reduced.

In the end, a group of people finalized the price, and the scythe in Old Man Chen's shop was five hundred yuan apiece.

On the other side of Fucheng is a handful of five hundred and ten renminbi.

As a landlord, Zhuang Fengshou was not short of money, so he immediately paid a deposit of one hundred handfuls.

After finishing business, the group returned to the village.

After returning to the village, Li Qiao, Zhuang Wu, and the manor went to the mountain to cut down trees in preparation for making wheat scythes tomorrow, so they failed to find Tao Zhu.

Soon at night, Zhuang Fengshou gathered the villagers again and told the villagers the price negotiated today.

He gave the folks time to think about it, and if they are willing to buy it, just come to him after the scythe comes back.

If he thinks the price is expensive and doesn't want to buy it, of course he won't force it.

After finishing the business, Zhuang Fengshou waved his hand to let everyone disperse.

Li Qiao saw the right moment, and was about to quietly stuff the remaining half catty of mung bean cakes into Tao Zhu, but Li Liang called him to stop.

"Little Qiao!"

Li Liang laughed, walked up to Li Qiao in a few steps, and said loudly, "From tomorrow on, you don't need to bring anything with you when you come to eat at home." "

Ah?" Li Qiao A little surprised: "Sister-in-law will agree?"

"Why don't you agree? She was the first to bring this up!" Li Liang was in a great mood.

"...Sister-in-law is this?"

Bewitched?

"Hey hey hey hey." Mentioning this matter, Li Liang laughed straight, his mouth almost reaching behind his ears, and the wrinkles on his face also stretched out.

Some folks at the side couldn't stand it anymore, and said directly to Li Qiao: "Li Qiao, today the folks want to try the wheat scythe, so they went to your elder brother and sister-in-law, so, today, most of the wheat in your elder brother's house is harvested by the villagers. Yes!"

"That's right, I just went to work for half an hour for nothing!"

Another fellow from the side said, but his tone was happy: "But it can be regarded as a test. This wheat scythe needs skill and is heavy. Ordinary women and little brothers cannot use it for a long time. But if a man wields it, it is really faster and less laborious than a small scythe."

This wheat scythe costs five hundred and ten coins, and the villagers are very cautious, fearing that it will not work well after buying it, so hundreds of copper coins will be wasted.

Since the sign made by the wheat sickle is fast and labor-saving, the villagers repeatedly tested the speed and strength by holding the wheat sickle.

Generally speaking, if you bend down to cut wheat with a small sickle, you have to straighten up and rest for about a quarter of an hour.

But this wheat scythe doesn't need to bend over, as long as you use the right technique, you don't need to rest for half an hour to cut the wheat.

Such a long-lasting effect is enough to prove that the wheat sickle is not a chicken rib, but a real artifact.

How could anyone be unhappy?

Even if I do white work for Li Liang's family, I'm still excited!

The folks are happy to do white work, and Li Liang is even happier.

Moreover, the wheat sickle for tomorrow has also been booked, and someone will go to his house to do white work tomorrow!

"Xiao Qiao, you're going to eat at home tomorrow. Your sister-in-law's cooking skills are definitely better than yours." "

I'll go when I'm free."

Li Qiao understood the reason and responded with a smile.

He wants to sell fish now, and his schedule is different from that of Li Liang's family, so he can't get together.

Li Liang knew that, and told Li Qiao to rest more, selling fish was hard work, Li Qiao had never done such a heavy job before, he was afraid that Li Qiao would be exhausted.

Tao Zhu watched the happy scene of the Li family brothers not far away, he pursed his lips, turned and walked home.

This person used to be so bad that he could stand shoulder to shoulder with his elder brother, but now he is smart, down-to-earth, capable and considerate.

Such a young man is worthy of being the most beautiful girl and brother in eight villages.

fine.

Such a prodigal son who turned back would indeed not exchange gold for him.

Unfortunately, not his.

Suppressing the disappointment in his heart, he quickened his pace and walked home.

The wheat his elder brother used to make maltose was not moldy this time, but what to do next after the wheat germinated, his elder brother was confused.

But the next step has to be carried out, and his elder brother started to cook malt, fry malt, steam malt, and toss in different ways.

In this way, the consumption of dry firewood will increase sharply, so he has to go to bed quickly, and go up the mountain early tomorrow morning to collect dry firewood, and then go to the wheat field...Suddenly,

his thoughts were interrupted, because there was a rough and warm sound coming from his right hand. A hot touch, and immediately after, there was an oiled paper bag in his hand, which was the same as last night.

But what was different from last night was that there was a flash in front of his eyes, as if something flashed, and there was a hard thing in his arms immediately.

There was also a deep voice beside his ear: "I made it casually this afternoon, you can wear it and have a look."

After saying these words, the man strode away, very fast, and disappeared into the darkness in a few clicks.

Tao Zhu: "..."

His heartbeat quickened, and so did his steps.

When he got home, the yard was pitch black, and his family members were all asleep.

Sitting in the yard, he reached into his arms and took out the hard thing.

This is a mahogany hairpin, polished very smooth, slightly curved, without any decoration on it, but the whole body is smooth, and it looks inexplicably grand.

This person...

Tao Zhu clenched his lips, he was naturally happy.

But thinking of the huge gap with this person, he felt as if there was a big stone in his heart.

Besides, even if this person is blind and doesn't care about other people's eyes, what about his elder brother's step.

Li Qiao didn't know Tao Zhu's sorrow for the time being.

He fell asleep after returning home, and tomorrow was another day of selling fish.

After selling the fish, he went to the blacksmith's shop to get five scythes, and then returned to the village.

In the evening, he went to the willow tree at the entrance of the village with Zhuang Fengshou, Zhuang Wu, the manor and three others.

When they arrived, there were already more than 20 people waiting under the willow tree.

Mai Sickle teaching officially begins.

The author has something to say:

Today's Liqiao is still successfully fed!

So can the treasures come to have a flower and a collection? kisses!