Chapter 206-210

Chapter 206 Jiang Mao is not a good match, Li's snack shop opens hot

Jiang Mao was feeling uneasy, when he heard Li Qiao point out his true state today, he immediately felt a thump in his heart.

He thought he was covering it up pretty well, but Master Li saw through him at a glance?

He hurriedly said: "That's true. But the student is sincerely asking for marriage, and I hope the adults will give the student a chance." "Sincerely

asking for marriage? You have never met a girl from my Li family. How did you get so sincere?"

Li There was a hint of sarcasm in Qiao's tone.

This is the first time we met, why are you in such a hurry?

Is it certain that he will fall in love with him?

This kind of arrogance and narcissism is very annoying.

The young man couldn't hold his breath, and his ambition was written on his face. He was too utilitarian. If he put it elsewhere, he wouldn't bother to care about it.

But now that he is targeting the juniors of his Li family, his tone is unavoidably harsh.

Hearing this, Jiang Mao's heart trembled, and his fair face blushed two points: "The student has heard about the virtuous names of the two girls. Although he has never met, he has admired them for a long time.

" , your rhetoric is reasonable. It's just that you are not suitable to marry a girl from my Li family."

Li Qiao said in a flat tone.

"This... please sir, please clarify."

Jiang Mao was puzzled, his heart fluttering.

He was prepared to be rejected by Li Qiao. Although he had the relationship with his grandfather and he was capable, but before Li Qiao agreed to him, he definitely couldn't think that the matter was safe.

It is possible for Li Qiao to reject him, but he never thought that Li Qiao would refuse so simply.

"The reason why you propose marriage is to use my strength to avoid detours, but as a man, once he gains power in the future, he will probably neglect his wife." "If I have always been

loved by the Holy One like now, then you may have some scruples ." I dare not dislike my girl from the Li family. But what if I lose power in the future?"

The reason Li Qiao gave was very straightforward.

"...My lord! The student is not that kind of person. The student dares to swear by the future prosperity of the Jiang family. If the student marries a girl from the Li family, he will never let her down in this life!"

Jiang Mao said anxiously.

Li Qiao snorted softly when he heard the words: "I believe you are sincerely swearing at this time, but you are too young, you can't guarantee you for the rest of your life. I will not use the happiness of my Li family girl's life to verify your promise." The truth of the words."

"As far as the relationship between our two families is concerned, there should be no such messy involvements. When I met your grandfather, I always only talked about business matters, not personal matters." Jiang

Mao: "..."

He His face was flushed red, his lips were tightly pursed, and he was a little overwhelmed with embarrassment.

But Li Qiao saw his appearance in his eyes, and after a while, Li Qiao raised his hand and patted his shoulder, his tone was softer: "Nephew, I know you have great ambitions, and now the Holy Majesty is very thirsty for talents, As long as you have real talents and learning, you will definitely be reused."

"Don't mention the matter of asking for marriage again, I will pretend that you didn't say that just now. If you don't understand the imperial examinations in the future, or you are imprisoned in the Imperial College Bullying or something, feel free to come to me."

"I have the favor of your grandfather, and when the court is employing people, I should take care of you both publically and privately."

He should find two honest and honest men with no big ambitions for Yuning and Xiaolan.

He was worried about an ambitious young man like Jiang Mao.

When Jiang Mao heard these words, shame flashed across his face. His intentions were indeed not pure, but Lord Li was still willing to take care of him in the future. Lord Li's heart made him admire.

However, he really wanted to marry a girl from the Li family.

At this age, he has never been interested in little girls and brothers. In his hometown, many girls and brothers wanted to throw themselves into his arms, but he refused them all.

He is really not interested.

He wanted to revive the Jiang family.

He wanted to make a career out of it.

What's good about the little girl and the little brother will only affect him from busying himself with business.

However, seeing Li Qiao's gentle expression, he gritted his teeth and bent even lower.

"My lord teaches, and the student will always keep it in mind. The student is young, and it is justifiable for you not to believe in the student's oath, so can you give the student a chance?" "

You still don't give up?" Li Qiao was a little surprised.

"It's not that I don't give up, it's that after receiving your earnest teachings, my desire to marry has become stronger. With an elder like you around, if I can marry a girl from the Li family, then the student is really lucky.

" Strong, and caring for the juniors, such elders are so rare.

"...Li Man, see off the guests."

Li Qiao was speechless.

"Students will come to visit next time."

Jiang Mao said immediately.

"Then you have to have business to do." Li Qiao emphasized.

"It's natural. You are busy with business. If you have nothing serious to do, how dare you disturb the students."

Jiang Mao nodded repeatedly.

Since Mr. Li doesn't trust him, he must show his presence in front of Mr. Li more, so that Mr. Li can understand his character.

After Jiang Mao left, Li Qiao left the study and went to the main room.

On the other side of the main room, Tao Zhu was collecting the quilts. Today was a sunny day, and the sun was quite bright, so Tao Zhu took the quilts out and hung them on the clothesline in the yard to dry.

Although there are servants in the family, he has always done this kind of thing by himself. He doesn't like servants to touch his and Li Qiao's quilts.

Seeing that there were still two quilts left on the clothesline, Li Qiao stepped forward to fold them together, and carried them into the room on his shoulders.

Tao Zhu was spreading the returned quilt on the kang, when he turned his head and saw him coming in, he said, "That kid from the Jiang family is gone?" "

Gone." Li Qiao came to the kang, put down the quilt on his shoulders, and grabbed Touching Tao Zhu's shoulder: "Brother Zhu, do you know what this kid wants to do?" "

What?"

Tao Zhu stopped what he was doing, sat down on the edge of the kang, and looked at Li Qiao curiously.

"He wants to marry Yuning or Xiaolan!"

"Ah???"

Tao Zhushui's eyes widened a little, but he stared at his face for a few seconds before saying, "Elder brother and sister-in-law have fallen in love with him, but you This expression is not joy. What's wrong?"

"He's too purposeful, he wants to be a Phoenix man, but Phoenix man has caused too many tragedies, I'm not on the map, but I really don't want to bet Yuning Xiaolan's life." Knowing that Tao Zhu didn't

understand He explained what Phoenix Man meant in detail.

After Tao Zhu heard this, he immediately shook his head: "Then he is indeed not a good match. Not only may he disappoint our girl in the future, but he will also be neglected in daily life. If he is busy with government affairs, how can he have time to spend with our girl?"

"Our girl can't be a widow after she gets married."

When Li Qiao was studying, the time he spent with him was greatly reduced.

During Li Qiao's scientific examination, he even couldn't see anyone for three days in a row.

That kind of bone-empty feeling of being alone in an empty room and tortured by longing, whoever tastes it knows.

The girls in his family don't need to suffer this.

"You're right."

Hearing this, Li Qiao looked a little serious.

He just thought that the Phoenix man would abandon his wife and children after he became prosperous, but he didn't think of this level at all!

"It's still your consideration." He moved his big hand from Tao Zhu's shoulder to Tao Zhu's face, and his brother Zhu could always see angles he couldn't think of.

The thought is so delicate!

After kissing Tao Zhu, he said: "Then I'll go find my eldest brother and sister-in-law later, and let them focus on other young talents." When he finished

speaking, before Tao Zhu had time to respond, there was a crowd outside. Li Liang's loud voice came: "Xiaoqiao, Xiaoqiao—"

"...the big brother and sister-in-law can't wait for a moment."

Li Qiao was helpless.

Today when Jiang Mao came to visit, Li Liang and Wang Osmanthus met him and had lunch together. After lunch, Jiang Mao followed him to the study. Li Liang and Wang Osmanthus were busy with other things.

Now that he knew Jiang Mao was gone, Li Liang couldn't wait to find him.

But his big brother is going to be disappointed.

Sure enough, after listening to his words, Li Liang stomped his feet regretfully, what a child, but why is his mind so complicated!

Honestly, wouldn't the imperial examination be over, and some of them were not, but it made him and Xiaoqiao disgusted.

well!

Li Liang left sullenly, and Li Qiao and Tao Zhu went back to the room to continue laying the kang.

Although it is sunny today, the temperature is still a bit low. It is already March in the lunar calendar, and cotton-padded quilts are still indispensable for warming the house.

The weather is indeed abnormal.

After laying the kang, Tao Zhu took Li Qiao to sit at his desk and talked about the business.

Li Qiao is going to open a snack shop, he has already selected the shop, he has recruited the staff, and he has almost finalized which snacks to sell.

Now just let Li Qiao have a look, if Li Qiao has no objection, then he will ask the buddy to do it.

The two of them squeezed together on the same chair as usual, Li Qiao put one hand around Tao Zhu's waist, took the paper Tao Zhu handed him with the other, and read slowly.

"Hmm... Chestnut kernels, assorted crisps, amber walnut kernels, nut lotus root powder, spicy/spiced dried tofu, dried pork, red dates with walnuts, corn crisps, spicy gluten, spicy strips, millet rice crackers, tiger skin chicken feet, spicy Kelp shreds, honey grilled chicken drumsticks."

"That's right, they are all common and delicious foods."

After Li Qiao finished speaking, he kissed Tao Zhu's cheek with a smile: "Thank you for your hard work, brother Zhu, just follow these." "

Okay." Tao Zhu Zhu took the paper from Li Qiao's hand, and tapped on the word "Latiao" with his slender fingers: "This will definitely be very popular." This

is a new food that Li Qiao came up with. The taste is surprisingly good.

The people in the mansion tasted it, and only a few who couldn't eat the spicy food said they couldn't accept it, and the rest of them praised it again and again.

There are two flavors of this spicy strip, one is spicy and the other is sweet and spicy.

He prefers sweet and spicy, but the taste of spicy and spicy is also good.

Li Qiao nodded with a smile: "I also think it will sell well."

Latiao, everyone knows it is junk food, but there are many people who like it.

Spicy strips and dried tofu are the cheapest snacks in his snack shop, not only for the rich, but also for ordinary people.

If the rich don't like it, that's okay.

Ordinary people should like it.

Li Qiao and Tao Zhu had a good idea. In the first ten days of March in the lunar calendar, Li's snack shop opened. On the first day of opening, the business was full.

Tao Zhu hired a hundred men, and the goods prepared two days in advance were sold out within one day.

Especially the spicy strips. When the couple advertised the new store in other shops of the Li family, they specifically stated that the spicy strips are cheap and you can try them.

Therefore, on the opening day of the new store, not only the regular customers from Li's shop with good families went, but also some ordinary people.

After ordinary people try the spicy strips, they like it very much. They buy two or two less and one catty more, just buy half a catty, one catty, and buy a thousand catties of spicy strips in less than two hours. .

As for other snacks, such as lotus root noodles, although they are expensive, they sell out quickly.

Lotus root powder is pure lotus root powder, more than ten catties of lotus root can make a catty of lotus root powder, and nuts are added to it, so a catty of lotus root powder is priced at ten taels of silver.

Li Qiao and Tao Zhu felt that the price was very conscientious.

The lotus root was hard to come by, so people had to be sent to dig it in the pond. Moreover, in Shengjing, the best season for digging lotus roots was winter. It was spring now, and there were not many lotus roots left.

After digging out the lotus root, you have to work hard to make lotus root powder. It takes so much time in the middle, it's all cost.

The cost is so expensive, the price cannot be low.

Moreover, lotus root noodles are meant to compete for money from the rich, if the price is too low, why bother Li Qiao?

Besides, even the Supreme Emperor praised the lotus root powder as good.

So overall, Li Qiao and Tao Zhu felt that the price was very appropriate.

Rich people with money in their pockets also think that the price is not expensive. Some people can't accept lotus root noodles, but some people love lotus root noodles. Those who love lotus root noodles are willing to pay for it, so the one hundred catties of lotus root noodles on the first day is very easy. It's sold out.

Li's snack shop became famous on the first day.

These snacks are not only delicious, but also novel, and it's hard not to be popular.

Not only ordinary people urged shopkeepers to stock up quickly, but also dignitaries and rich people urged shopkeepers to stock up quickly.

The sixth prince, who was originally dissatisfied with Li Qiao, also shut his mouth when he saw the popularity of the snack shop.

Li Qiao took the materials of Xiaozhou Prefecture and Shangshu County to ponder for so long, but in the end he only came up with the method of growing chestnuts and lotus root starch, the sixth prince was actually very dissatisfied.

He had high expectations for Li Qiao, because Li Qiao took the initiative to be involved in the second question.

Li Qiao took the initiative, even if Li Qiao said modest words, he must have already had pieces of bamboo in his heart.

But who knew Li Qiao didn't.

Li Qiao only took out two things to eat.

If it's the kind of vermicelli that can make everyone in the whole family rich, then he has no objection.

But what Li Qiao brought out were chestnuts and lotus root starch.

There is no comparison with vermicelli!

He was so disappointed.

But now lotus root powder is selling very fast, and chestnut kernels are also selling very fast, which shows that there are some tricks in growing chestnuts and lotus roots.

Although these two methods have little effect, they are better than nothing.

The fourth prince, first prince, and second prince saw that Li Qiao had come up with practical solutions for the seventh and sixth princes, so they approached Li Qiao one after another and asked Li Qiao to give them advice as well.

Li Qiao can't favor one person over another.

The piers of the First Prince and the Fourth Prince are all in Jibei Province, and Li Qiao gave his idea: breeding.

It is fine to raise pigs, chickens and ducks, but each household should not raise too many to avoid getting sick.

He took all the livestock raised by the people in these two places.

Jibei Province is close to Shengjing, and the transportation is convenient. It doesn't cost much to transport the livestock raised by the common people to Shengjing.

When the Grand Canal opens in the future, the cost will be even lower.

However, the Li family's snack shop needs livestock to make meat. In terms of the popularity of the Li's snack shop, it is enough to consume the livestock raised by the people in these two places.

As for the second prince's pier, Li Qiao had more clues at this time.