Chapter 58 Policy Thesis Topic Xanadu

The autumn harvest is mainly sweet potatoes, corn, yellow rice, sorghum and other miscellaneous grains.

Li Qiao's sweet potatoes and corn were planted late, and they were still a little far from maturity, so the autumn harvest had nothing to do with his family.

His family makes dim sum every day as usual.

It's just that Tao Zhu, Li Dashan, and Li Chuntao are now making dim sum.

Li Qiao only makes meat floss every day, and he does not make the rest of the dim sum by himself. His main task is to read books.

The number of words in the four books is actually not that many. The least number of words is "University", which has more than 2,000 words, and "Mencius", the most, has less than 40,000 words.

If it wasn't for classical Chinese, then with Li Qiao's memory at this time - eighteen years old and a supernatural being, it would be easy to memorize these four books by heart.

However, these four books are in classical Chinese. If you want to memorize them quickly, you can't just memorize them by rote. You have to memorize them on the basis of understanding, so that you can memorize them quickly.

Therefore, Li Qiao spent a few days working hard to read all these four books, and then he led the ox cart to the county seat.

This time, he went to buy the commentary of the Four Books.

Originally a scumbag, he was also worried that the bookstore clerk would make random recommendations for performance, so he went straight to Zhuang Wen and asked Zhuang Wen to recommend related books to him.

Zhuang Wen has studied books for 30 years. Although he failed to pass the exam, this kind of most basic reference book is a piece of cake for him. He can name more than a dozen books with his eyes closed.

However, Zhuang Wen was pleasantly surprised when he knew that Li Qiao had started to continue reading at this time. He first wrote down the names of all the books Li Qiao needed, including not only the Four Books, but also the Five Classics and Three Histories and Three Biography.

After finishing writing, he talked to Li Qiao about what he had planned a long time ago:

he hoped to communicate and discuss more with Li Qiao in the future so as to make progress together.

If Li Qiao doesn't understand anything, you can come to him, and he will try his best to answer.

If Li Qiao has any special skills in reading, he also hopes that Li Qiao will not hesitate to teach them.

Of course, Liqiao charges a fee.

Anyway, as long as Li Qiao is willing to share, then he can do anything.

After 30 years of studying, he failed to achieve anything. His family never put any pressure on him or reprimanded him, but the more his family understood, the heavier the burden on his heart. Every night when people were quiet, he was tossing and turning, unable to sleep.

"Brother, you have to help my brother. My brother will remember your great kindness in his life."

Thinking of the thirty years of wasted time, Zhuang Wen's eyes turned red.

Li Qiao: "..."

Good guy.

How could Zhuang Wen think that he has special study skills?

"Brother Wen, everyone in the village knows what I was like when I was studying. Now I'm starting from scratch." "It's

better to start from scratch. When you make dim sum, you start from scratch. You are in debt, you married your husband, you have an ox cart and a new house, and you have a bright future." "

Now that you are starting from the beginning, I believe you must also have a bright future."

Zhuang Wen, like the villagers, is very fond of Li Qiao. confidence.

Young people, their brains are quicker than those who are going to be grandpas like him.

"...Brother Wen, please tell me, what difficulties did you have during the imperial examination?" Li Qiao didn't bother to argue, so he asked directly.

"This..." Zhuang Wen suddenly felt ashamed.

In fact, he passed the first two stages of the Tongsheng Examination ten years ago, and the last stage of the Academy Examination, which takes place twice in three years. He has already passed the exam six times.

Except for being too nervous to perform well in the first hospital exam, and excluding the second time when he was ill and caught a cold, the remaining four times were all defeated by strategy theory.

Mo Yi and Tie Jing, this kind of test questions for basic skills, he has no problem at all.

Poems and songs are not outstanding, but there is no fault.

The problem lies only in policy theory.

"The first two times, Mr. Chen from the private school said that my articles looked full of flowers and flowers, but they were actually empty." "

So I worked hard to try to have something to say. But these two times recently."

Zhuang Wen said with a sigh .

These two times, when the new emperor came to the throne, every time a major event happened in the court, the new emperor must write an article to express his opinions.

Over the course of a year, there were more than 20 articles.

There are less than a dozen articles.

The questions on policy theory are all based on these articles of the new emperor, so if he wants to be admitted to the scholar, he has to study these articles of the new emperor to figure out the new emperor's mind.

However, in just a few years since the new emperor came to the throne, he has written as many as a hundred articles. He is old and his brain is not as good as that of a young man. focus.

In addition, he prefers to pile up rhetoric when writing articles, so the articles he writes now are somewhat different, not as good as before.

At the end, Zhuang Wen sighed again: "Your Majesty has written thirteen articles this year, and I'm afraid there will be thirteen more before next year's academic examination. I can't stand it!" Li Qiao: "..."

Good

guy , Today's Holy Majesty loves writing small essays so much?

What's even more frightening is that Ce Lun came up with questions from these small essays...

Not to mention Zhuang Wen's face of despair, he would be in despair just listening to it.

"...Brother Wen, I don't understand. Shouldn't the imperial examination be based on the Four Books and Five Classics?" He couldn't help asking.

"It used to be like this, but the Holy Majesty said that the Four Books and Five Classics have been tested too many times, and every sentence has been repeatedly demonstrated, and there is no new idea, so the policy theory is based on his articles.

"

Yuan is a scumbag, and has not even memorized the most basic books, so he knows nothing about these real questions.

"Brother Wen, what were the policy questions in the previous two exams? Do you remember?" he asked.

"Of course I remember. I'll get it for you."

Zhuang Wen said as he stood up and turned over the big bookshelf behind him.

Every time he finished the exam, he would write down the questions when he came back, especially the policy topic, which was his weakness. Although he had already passed the exam, he still often dug it out to figure it out.

Soon, he found out the two real questions of the new emperor after he ascended the throne.

Li Qiao took it, first glanced roughly at the Mo Yi and Tie Jing in the front, then skipped the poems and songs, and went directly to the strategy theory at the end.

He originally thought that the topic of the policy discussion was to extract a sentence from the short composition of today's emperor, but to his surprise, the topic was to extract the central content of the small composition, and then ask the candidates to give the answer.

For example, for the first topic, a typhoon hit a certain coastal province before, not only the crops grown by the people were destroyed, but also their homes were destroyed, so the Holy One wrote an article, lamenting the hardships of people's livelihood.

Then the topic of the second year's policy discussion was how to save themselves if candidates encountered a typhoon, and what should the local government do in light of their own actual situation.

...

It is reasonable to ask the government what to do, but it is too biased to ask the candidates how to save themselves.

There is no typhoon in Pingcheng!

The imperial examination questions can be unpopular, but not evil.

It's just a test for a scholar, not a palace test. Does a scholar need to know so much?

A scholar can't be an official, so it doesn't matter if he knows it or not. A scholar only needs to memorize his books, fill his stomach with articles, and have solid basic skills.

It is too difficult to ask such a question now.

Another example is the second policy topic.

In the spring of the year before last, there was a drought in a certain prefecture in the northwest. A superstitious villager tied up a young girl and wanted to offer it to an immortal to pray for rain, but the girl refused and fell into a pillar and died. Killed hundreds of villagers involved, shaking the government and the public.

Today's emperor wrote an article on this matter, and then the policy topic was how to stop this tragedy if the candidates were present, and what the local government should do.

...

What should candidates do again.

This is far from the serious imperial examination questions in Li Qiao's impression.

Is this the path that the Holy One is taking today?

That's no wonder the imperial examination is not easy.

Li Qiao pondered for a moment, and then said to Zhuang Wen: "Brother Wen, I think so, but I don't know if it's right, let me speak out, let's discuss it.

" I want to find a good official who can solve problems for the people, not a nerd who only knows that reading can't solve practical problems."

Although this topic is biased.

But it can be seen that the Holy One wants to find someone who can solve the problem.

To put it simply, it is from exam-oriented education to quality education.

As for the major events in the world, it is nothing more than the national economy and the people's livelihood that can be publicly written on the test papers and let the scholars of the world freely solve the problems.

"Brother Wen, in fact, a hundred or so articles are not too many. Extract the central content of each article, and then connect it with the principles of the Four Books and Five Classics, so that you can adapt to all changes without change." "Even if the author of the question wants

to Playing new tricks, but never changing from the original principles, in the end you still have to connect with the Four Books and Five Classics, the national economy and the people's livelihood. Don't you think so?" " Ah

???"

It's a little fresh.

When he used to study the articles of the Holy One, he always memorized the next one after finishing one, but he didn't pay attention to whether the central content of these hundreds of articles were similar.

He did not make a summary...

"As for what candidates should do in the face of these natural disasters and man-made disasters, it has to have life experience and accumulated practical experience. This cannot be solved in a day, and it has to be done slowly." "

But because of natural disasters Man-made disasters have been the same for thousands of years, so don't be afraid, write down the solutions to each disaster, and correspond one-to-one with the articles of the Holy One, so that you will definitely not go wrong. Don't you think so?" "Uh

... It sounds like that."

Zhuang Wen nodded blankly.

Seeing this, Li Qiao smiled: "This is just my superficial opinion, it may not be right." "

But I haven't found anything wrong so far." Zhuang Wen frowned, thinking while saying: "I'll look it up later. Read the articles written by the Holy Master, and make a good summary."

The last two topics made his brain numb, as Li Qiao said, they were too casual.

It is not at all the same as the way he took the test before to extract a sentence from the Four Books and Five Classics and then discuss it.

Therefore, after seeing the test questions these two times, his brain was numb first, and he was already timid before he took up the pen.

Now Li Qiao's words seemed to be lighting an oil lamp in his mind, not to mention illuminating the way forward, but also pointing out a direction, letting him know which direction he should work hard.

It also made him less timid about the imperial examination.

When he thought that he would encounter strange problems in the college examination next year, he immediately began to feel weak.

Now that he heard Li Qiao's words, he was not as afraid as before.

He got up from the chair, came to Li Qiao in two steps, and bowed to Li Qiao: "I really don't know how to thank you, please make a request, or I, as an older brother, will always feel indebted to you." "

Li Qiao hurriedly moved away, not accepting his gift: "Brother Wen, you are being polite, and I didn't do anything, besides, my method may not work." "Even if it does work, the dealer saved it before

. Me, this is what I should do."

"You have already paid off the silver that the banker borrowed from you. Besides, it was my father who lent it to you, not me, and you get what you pay for." Zhuang Wen is serious

. He really wanted Xie Liqiao, with a serious look on his face.

Seeing this, Li Qiao can only ask him to confirm that this method is really useful, and then thank him.

Zhuang Wen thought about it and agreed.

Too.

It's too early to tell.

However, Li Qiao had never been exposed to real questions before, and now he just flipped through the real questions, and immediately had ideas for solving the questions in his mind.

With Li Qiao's intelligence, he might be admitted as a scholar before him.

"When did you come to the county to study?" he asked Li Qiao.

"It's still early." Li Qiao was not sure either.

"It's still early? With your intelligence, you can pass the county exam next spring. When do you want to take the exam?" Zhuang Wen asked curiously.

"Brother Wen, you really think highly of me. Now I don't have eyes for those books. In the past ten years, I didn't save anything."

Li Qiao smiled wryly.

It's autumn now, and it's less than five months before the county test next year. Five months is too hasty.

He wants to wait until next year to take the exam.

Zhuang Wen saw that he really had no idea, so he no longer had blind confidence in him, but comforted him with words, and when the comfort was over, he warmly asked him to have lunch.

Li Qiao refused, he still had to go to the bookstore to buy books and then go back to the village.

Coming out of Zhuang Wen's small courtyard, Li Qiao led the ox cart to the last bookstore.

Recently, Wangyuelou's barbecue is selling very well, and his daily distribution is almost 1,000 Wen.

The three new corn dishes are also selling well.

The popularity of corn juice and corn branding has caught up with Qingtuan.

In the case of Qingtuan, it is just a snack, a snack before and after meals.

But corn juice and corn roast are dinners.

Especially the corn juice, which is delicious and warms the stomach. People in Pingcheng usually drink noodle soup and big, small, and yellow rice porridge in the morning. Now they finally have a new choice.

Moreover, the weather has been cold recently, and a bowl of warm corn juice in the morning makes me feel comfortable.

Therefore, these three new dishes brought Li Qiao a daily income of more than 3,000 Wen.

In addition to the money from Zheng's family and his own snacks, his family's daily income is now nearly fifteen taels of silver.

It is a pity that there are many inputs and many expenses.

After the house is built, the next step is to decorate.

He specially built a shower room. There was no sewer at this time, so he went to the blacksmith's shop to build an iron pipe and buried it under the shower room. It was more than two meters long. Such a large iron pipe was difficult to install and cost seven or eight taels. silver.

Tao Zhu didn't want to spend the money at first, but he insisted on fighting.

The shower room is paved with blue bricks, and a sewer is installed, then you can do whatever you want, and you will no longer have to wet the floor every day after taking a shower like now.

In addition to the sewer, in order to ensure that he can bathe happily in winter, he specially built a firewall outside the shower room to enclose the whole shower room.

The fire wall is like a fire pit. When the time comes to burn dry wood outside, the fire wall can heat up the entire shower room.

In addition to this small design, he also planned to pave the ground of the yard with blue bricks.

Now his yard is covered with land, which becomes muddy when it rains, and he doesn't want to feel this kind of mud anymore.

But the new yard was very big, and if he wanted to pave it all with green bricks, it would cost more green bricks than he used to build the new house, and it cost dozens of taels of silver.

Money is not enough to spend.

So, when he arrived at the bookstore, he only bought the commentaries of the Four Books and the commentaries of the other books, and he would buy them when he had money in his hand.

After buying the books, he drove the ox cart back to the village.

After owning the bullock cart, going to the county seat is no longer a tiring job for him, just like at this time, he is sitting on the bullock cart, holding a whip in one hand, and putting the other hand on his side, with a football in his palm. As the bullock cart moved forward, the water polo slowly shrunk until it was the size of a grain of rice. He threw the water polo into the ditch on the side of the road.

Just listening to the sound of "bang", the water polo exploded, causing a few meters high spray.

He glanced at the small finger-sized fish in the ditch that had suffered from the explosion of the water balloon, then lowered his head and jumped off the bullock cart to catch these small fish.

At this time, the ditch is not as polluted as it was in his previous life, and the fish in this ditch are edible.

He walked all the way, fried fish all the way, and when he caught almost three catties of small fish, he stopped.

Sitting on the bullock cart, his thoughts went a little far.

His understanding of this world is obtained from the original body's memory.

Yuan has never been out of the county, and because he is a scumbag, he has never even touched the real test, so he knows almost nothing about the world outside Pingcheng.

He has no idea about the present sage who is far away in the capital.

Whether this holy majesty is round or flat, his temperament and behavior are all a blur.

But today, through those few policy topics, he finally has a little understanding of the emperor.

The first is casual.

The question of the imperial examination really broke his sacred impression of the four characters of the imperial examination.

But also pragmatic.

It is better to have such an emperor ruling Dasheng than a faint emperor.

In fact, looking at the situation in Pingcheng, we can also know that Dasheng's founding emperor and the new emperor are good monarchs.

The Grandfather of Pingcheng County allowed the people to set up stalls at the gate of the county seat.

He was so open about stealing the business of Drunken Xianju, that shopkeeper Zhao didn't use nasty means to deal with him, such as asking someone to beat him, or planting him as something wrong with the dim sum.

For this reason, he specifically asked shopkeeper Wang.

Shopkeeper Wang said that when the current county magistrate first came to work in Pingcheng, there was a similar case. The county magistrate acted vigorously and solved the case within a day.

Shopkeeper Zhao wanted to frame him, but he had no guts, and the magistrate was not easy to fool him.

The magistrates of a county are so wise, which is enough to show that the king in the capital is a good one.

Tao Zhu said that Sanliu Village is a paradise, but now he feels that the whole Dasheng is a paradise.

He traveled to such a world, and God really appeared.

It happened to be noon when Li Qiao returned to the village with a grateful heart.

People who work in the fields go home to cook or eat, so there are quite a lot of pedestrians on the small road into the village.

When the villagers saw his ox cart, those who had sweet potatoes put sweet potatoes on his ox cart.

I was afraid that he would reject it like corn, so I didn't put more, only put two or three, let him go home and roast it.

One family puts two or three sticks, but if seven or eight families put them together, there will be twenty or thirty sticks at once.

In fact, besides sweet potatoes, the villagers also wanted to give him corn.

Everyone knows that the corn grown by his family is not mature yet, and the corn business in Wangyuelou is very booming. The villagers can earn a lot of money from this, and everyone wants to thank him.

But he made it clear that apart from the corn from Zhang Gui'e's family, he would not accept any corn from other families.

So the big guys can only rest their minds and give sweet potatoes instead.

Sweet potatoes are more productive than corn, and they are less troublesome than corn, so every family can grow them.

No one was reluctant to part with these sweet potatoes, but what everyone was worried about was that Li Qiao refused to charge more.

Moreover, now the whole village knows that Li Qiao is concentrating on his studies, which is a big deal. Zhuang Wen specially bought a yard in the county town for his studies.

Li Qiao couldn't buy a yard in the county town, so they could only study at home, so they didn't dare to talk loudly when they went to Li Qiao's house to sell things like before.

He had nothing serious to do, and he didn't dare to disturb Li Qiao.

Therefore, when I met Li Qiao who was returning to the village at this time, anyone who had sweet potatoes in their hands rushed to put it on Li Qiao's ox cart.

Li Qiao looked at the plain smiling faces of the villagers, and his love for the world grew even more. When he got home, he saw Tao Zhu's familiar smiling face, and he couldn't help but also laughed.

"Hurry up and wash your hands and eat. Chuntao made the sweet potato pancake you mentioned, as well as the pork pan noodles. The marinated eggs and pork are delicious."

Tao Zhu led the ox cart and said to him with a smile.

He got up early, so far he only drank a bowl of noodle soup and ate a few steamed buns, so he was already hungry.

Hearing Tao Zhu's words, he hummed heavily, and said, "Come here too, let's eat together." "

I'll tie my little boy to the door." Tao Zhu replied.

Li Qiao went to fetch water to wash his hands.

The water tank is placed in the sun, but it is covered with a cover, so even though it is noon, the water in the tank is not hot.

Li Qiao took a ladle to wash his hands. At this time, Li Chuntao brought the roasted sweet potato pancakes and pork noodles to the dining table under the shelf. He wiped his hands and walked towards the dining table.

Soon, the four of them sat down at the dinner table.

Li Chuntao's craftsmanship is impeccable, the noodles are rolled very vigorously, and the soup is spicy and rich, one bite of the noodles, and then a piece of marinated soft pork, Li Qiao finished a small bowl of noodles in just a few mouthfuls.

Putting another small pot, his speed slowed down, and a piece of sweet potato cake was sandwiched, crispy on the outside, soft and glutinous on the inside, and tasted very good.

"Uncle, your way of eating has rekindled my love for sweet potatoes. I'll go home and bring back a sack of sweet potatoes from home."

Li Dashan was also full of praise for this sweet potato cake, and while eating, he said to Li Buckwheat Road.

In the past, his family was poor, and sweet potatoes were the staple food, but eating too much sweet potatoes caused heartburn, so compared to other foods, he didn't like sweet potatoes very much.

But this sweet potato pancake is amazing, he likes it!

Hearing this, Li Qiao looked up at him, "No need, the folks gave me some sweet potatoes when I came back just now, enough for us to eat.

" Uncle, you might be able to make delicious food out of sweet potatoes someday."

Li Dashan insisted.

Before the corn incident, his parents were very angry. It was obvious that his family had grown so much, but his uncle had to buy other people's.

Therefore, in order to prevent his uncle from buying other people's sweet potatoes, he had to let this family always have sweet potatoes!

"Sweet potato balls are delicious, Dashan, bring more sweet potatoes." Tao Zhu opened his mouth.

He likes to eat fried sweet potato balls.

But this requires oil. Even if Tao Shu wants to eat it, he can basically only eat it during the Chinese New Year.

Now that his house is not short of oil, he wants to have a hard time.

"Success!"

Li Dashan nodded loudly when he heard this, and he will go home to carry sweet potatoes later!

When Li Qiao heard this, he immediately said, "Recite more, I'll make you a dried sweet potato."

It turned out that Brother Zhu likes sweet potatoes, so it must be arranged.

"Dried sweet potatoes?" Tao Zhu looked at him.

"Yes, it can be crispy or soft. Make some of both, and eat it as a snack."

Li Qiao said with a smile.

"Wow, I just said that my uncle can make delicious sweet potatoes, but my uncle is going to make it soon. My uncle is so good!"

Li Dashan sighed.

His uncle is too awesome.

"This is easy to do, you all learn it later." Li Qiao said.

So, after lunch, Li Qiao led Tao Zhu, Li Dashan, and Li Chuntao to make dried sweet potatoes.

Soft and glutinous dried sweet potatoes are especially easy to make, just steam and dry. Of course, if you want to taste delicious, you need to steam and dry more times.

Tao Zhu, Li Dashan, and Li Chuntao were a little surprised, it's that simple?

It's that simple.

After Li Qiao finished explaining, she went back to the house.

He bought a new book today, and he wanted to compare the meaning of the classical Chinese text he had read for several days.

In addition, he also wants to summarize various natural and man-made disasters in ancient times, so as to deal with future strategies.

Learning really makes him happy!

The author has something to say:

Li Qiao found the joy of learning~