Chapter 109 Why Li Qiao Why Zhonghui Yuan Palace Examination

Today's topic does not come from the Holy Majesty's short composition.

Today's topic is a few days ago when Shengshang visited privately on Weifu, he accidentally ran into the Shengjing Government Yamen arresting the thief, but the arrester was clumsy and lost the thief.

The Holy One is very worried, how can this kind of fast arrest protect the people of Shengjing.

Therefore, today's topic is if the examinee is the governor of Shengjing, what should he do in the face of this situation.

Li Qiao stared at the test paper for a while, and wanted to laugh a little. After reaching out to the world for money, did the Holy One reach out to the world for the method of training soldiers?

Mr. Zhao told him that his mouth was dry, but he didn't hit any bets. His Majesty really did whatever he wanted with the questions.

After thinking for a while with downcast eyes, he picked up a pen and began to outline the frame and fill in the details.

This question may be difficult for others, but it is average for him, but he has to limit his vision and thinking to the scope of Li Qiao in Sanliu Village, and can't write too out of line.

When Li Qiao was busy hiding his clumsiness, the other candidates stared at the test paper, wishing they could burn the test paper with their eyes blazing.

They are reaching out to ask for money, and they are also asking how to train the fast arresting method. What else is this current saint afraid to do?

Why does he just, love to torment them so much!

Sitting in the Tai Chi Hall, these candidates could flood the entire imperial palace with their inner complaints, but they dared not show the slightest bit on their faces.

Standing next to it is the imperial army!

When a group of candidates were racking their brains, Sheng Hong was sitting in front of the imperial case in the Hall of Seeking Virtue next to him, reading the papers.

Beside him besides Qian San, there was the Supreme Emperor Huang Shengjun.

Although Sheng Jun is seventy years old, he is still burly, his back is still straight, and his eyes are not clouded. After he passed the throne to Sheng Hong, he took people to visit the mountains and rivers. moon.

He returned to the capital at the end of last month and rested for a few days. He came to the Tai Chi Hall for the palace test today.

Because today's topic is special, he, like Sheng Hong, is an examiner.

Sheng Jun sat on the other side of the imperial case. After reading a few documents, he raised his hand and rubbed the center of his brows, looking a little tired.

This time I went out of Beijing and came back after staying outside for half a year. My old body couldn't stand the journey, and I didn't slow down after several days of rest.

Seeing this, Sheng Hong put down the tortoiseshell purple pen in his hand, and told Qian San: "Go to the cheese yard to remind me, and see if the new taste is ready." Qian San should be, and hurriedly

ordered people to go to the cheese yard.

Sheng Jun likes cheese, so he set up a cheese yard that specializes in making milk cakes and short cheese.

Cheese House used to make traditional desserts with milk, but now it has been renovated, and even Sheng Hong, who doesn't like sweets, likes the soft and sweet taste.

"Father, the cook at the Cheese House wants to add bean paste, jujube paste and other fillings to the fresh milk bread. I think it will taste good. You can try it later." "En." Sheng Jun nodded, with a look of anticipation in his

eyes .

He picked up the tea bowl beside him, took a sip, and waited for the fragrance of the tea to diffuse in his mouth. He looked at Sheng Hong and said, "In this palace test, can that boy Li Qiao's papers convince everyone? If he can't, then You can't give him the champion."

"It's natural. Everyone in the world is watching, and we can't be partial. But he mentioned military training in the county examination before, and he probably understands this." Sheng Hong said.

Li Qiao has already obtained the small three yuan, Jieyuan, and Huiyuan, and he also wants to be a man, so he will give Li Qiao a champion and ask some questions that Li Qiao is good at.

But he was indeed annoyed by that clumsy policeman, and Li Qiao had also written about it, so he took it as a question for the imperial examination.

There is great power in numbers, brainstorming and teamwork.

This group of people are already Jinshi, and they will be officials in the future. He wants to pay these people salaries. He has to share his worries with the difficult and miscellaneous problems he faces.

Of course, if Li Qiao loses the chain at a critical moment and falls short, that's okay, the palace test is just the starting point, and the days to come will be long.

"He understands it." Sheng Jun nodded, and then asked: "What did those candidates answer during the test?"

He had just returned to Beijing, and he hadn't had time to pay attention to this matter in the future.

"Except for Li Qiao, the rest are nothing new, and many of them made me want to stab people with a knife."

Recalling the test papers for this meeting, anger flashed across Sheng Hong's face.

Although he only read the test papers selected by Yan Anbang and the others, he also specifically asked Yan Anbang, wanting to know what answers were written by those who failed the exam.

Therefore, he knew what the more than 10,000 candidates had written.

One in ten wrote about tax increases.

Cleverly set up a name to collect more taxes from the people and businessmen.

The matter of raising taxes is written so frivolously, if this kind of person becomes an official, ninety-nine out of ten will fish the common people.

Can taxes be increased at will?

A drop of saliva from those in power falling on the heads of the people is like the Yellow River bursting its embankment, drowning people in an instant!

Therefore, knowing that more than a thousand people wrote this method, he immediately became angry.

In addition to these more than 1,000 people, there are more than 8,000 people who make a fuss about taxes. However, these people did not change their methods to squeeze the people. These people wrote about reforming the tax law and opening up new tax sources.

But because many of them have little knowledge of Dasheng's tax laws, the articles they write can only make him laugh and get angry. Among the 8,000 articles, not many are really useful.

For example, what Gu Lianghan wrote was to check all the fields in Dasheng, focusing on checking the fields under the name of scholar Juzi Xungui.

Xiucai, Juzi and Xungui all have the right to be exempted from paying taxes, so some people put their own fields under the names of Xiucai, Juzi and Xungui, so that they can avoid paying taxes.

Of course, because Xungui has more power in his hands and plays more tricks than a scholar, he avoids more taxes.

But the status of the scholar's son Xungui is unusual, and Sheng Hong can't move easily, so although Gu Lianghan's method is good, it is difficult to implement in practice.

Others say that it can be shipped by sea to collect taxes.

But this is not easy to do, the risk of shipping is high, otherwise he would not be able to build the canal.

In short, although these 8,000 people did not squeeze the people, the methods given were either unavailable or difficult to operate in practice.

The remaining 1,000 or so people have all kinds of things.

For example, Xin Zhi wrote about reducing official salaries.

It's a good idea.

But he can't drop it at will, because he is taking the path of maintaining integrity with high salaries. The principle he and Sheng Jun follow is that the court provides officials with salaries that allow them to live well. The father and son will never be soft when they chop people up.

Others wrote about finding more gold mines and silver mines, and digging more.

Oh, what a joke, do you think he doesn't know this way?

But the key is that you can't find gold mines and silver mines!

In addition, some people wrote about sea trade, trade with other small countries, etc.

This idea is also very good, and he is ready to implement it.

But the process is long, and the benefits will not be seen for a year or a half.

Some people even wrote about launching wars and robbing other countries.

He didn't know how that Juzi wrote such cold and ruthless words, war can make people rich, but war kills people!

...

"Look, this is our exam. It is an exam selected through the children's examination and the rural examination. It is an exam that I did not take the usual way, deliberately asked strange questions, and forced it out with strange questions." "That's it

. At this level, I think our salary is not worth it."

Sheng Hong couldn't help but patted the table at the end.

He used the imperial examination to select officials, and he wanted these people to help him guard the great prosperity.

But what are these answers?

Moreover, this is already the level of Juzi.

Juzi can laugh at Yan Yan with the local magistrate. At this level, how can he tolerate the existence of the country gentry class.

Certainly not tolerated!

"Forget it, compared to back then, this batch of candidates has improved."

Sheng Jun raised his hand and pressed down, letting his anger down.

When mentioning that year, the anger on Sheng Hong's face disappeared instantly.

But no, compared to before, this has improved.

"That's why I named Li Qiao as Huiyuan. Among the more than 10,000 answer papers, his paper is too outstanding. Not only does it not harm the people, but it is also highly operable and the money comes quickly." Sheng Hong sighed

.

"Well, it's well deserved."

Sheng Jun nodded in agreement.

"There are also a few of his fellow countrymen, they can do anything, among all the papers around taxes, it is refreshing."

Sheng Hong couldn't help laughing: "Maybe they were influenced by Li Qiao. The methods he came up with can all be summed up by attacking the rich and noble."

This coincided with his thinking.

The treasury is empty and the people are not rich, so where does the world's money go?

All the money in the world is in the hands of the rich and noble!

If you want to fill the treasury, of course you must find a way to let these people spend money.

The things Li Qiao makes are all very good, such as vermicelli, autumn pear paste, milk snacks, and duck products. Ordinary people can't afford them, and all they earn are the money of the rich and noble.

Earn the money of the rich and noble into the treasury, and then spend it on the people and Dasheng from the treasury, so that Dasheng's country can last forever!

"Such a talent is indeed rare." Sheng Jun also had a smile on his face.

It is not necessary for the father and son to operate on Xungui, they are all new types that have never been seen before, but they are like gold-absorbing beasts, and they are particularly powerful in hugging silver.

"Dasheng needs such a talent, and I hope that his ability will overwhelm everyone in the palace test today." Sheng Hong said again.

Sheng Jun laughed when he heard the words: "Such a young man should indeed be promoted, so as to attract more outstanding talents to join the imperial court."

Li Qiao, who had been placed with high hopes by the two emperors of Dasheng, quickly finished writing the article, But the palace examination cannot be handed in in advance, he can only wait until the time for handing in the paper is up before getting up.

After handing in the test papers, one hundred and eighty Jinshi lined up and left the palace in silence.

Naturally, there should be no idlers waiting at the gate of the palace, and the accompanying examiners of 180 Jinshi are waiting at the corner of the street where the palace is located.

When they came to the corner, the group of Xinke Scholars finally breathed a sigh of relief, with expressions on their faces.

Most people are frowning, today's imperial examination questions are off!

Xin Zhi was very close to Li Qiao, so he took two quick steps to come to Li Qiao, wanting to ask Li Qiao how to answer the question.

Xu Ying, Zhuang Wen, and Meng Yue were a little far away from Li Qiao. They squeezed through the crowd with difficulty, and wanted to ask how Li Qiao answered the questions.

In addition, the Jinshi around Li Qiao also pricked up their ears, wanting to hear his answer.

"I gave an average answer, so I won't make a fool of myself. Anyway, I've already finished the exam, so it's useless to think too much. Let's wait for the results to be announced. They will be announced in three days."

...

Li Qiao wouldn't say how he answered the questions, so can he just say how to train soldiers?

Of course not!

As for whether His Majesty will post his test papers, that is up to His Majesty to decide, anyway, he can't talk about it now.

Cough, that's right, after getting today's topic, he felt that this time's champion had already jumped into his pocket.

But at this time, the list is not released, so it must be low-key.

After dealing with everyone, he went back with Tao Zhu in the setting sun.

He finished the long, five-year imperial examination journey, and after today, he can completely relax.

The imperial examination is different from the college entrance examination in his previous life. If you are not satisfied with the results of the exam after the college entrance examination, you can repeat it.

But the imperial examination cannot.

As long as the exam is passed, the ranking is set, and no further exams are allowed.

Regardless of his result this time, he will never be able to take the imperial examination again in his life.

So, he can really relax.

I wobbled back to the rented yard in an ox cart, had dinner, washed up, and slept.

When I woke up, the room was bright.

It's already summer.

"Are you awake?"

Tao Zhu noticed Li Qiao's movement, and whispered.

He had woken up a long time ago, but he was lying in Li Qiao's arms, afraid of waking Li Qiao up, so he kept still.

"Wake up." Li Qiao said and let him go.

Li Qiao stretched, then turned over, with most of her body lying on Tao Zhu's body.

Tao Zhu smiled when he saw this, and while grabbing Li Qiao's hand on his heart, he asked, "What are we doing today?"

Li Qiao stopped studying, and he didn't know what to do for a while. Thinking about it.

"We're not going to do anything today, let's mess it up." Li Qiao interlocked his fingers, and his voice was hoarse when he just woke up: "Let's just eat and drink today." "Okay." Tao Zhu also smiled: "Do you want to eat?

" What, I'll do it."

"Well..."

Li Qiao really wanted to say that we don't need you to do it, but it's obvious that we can't order takeaway in this time and space.

But he didn't want to go out.

So the word "en" stayed in his mouth for several seconds, and finally he said: "Let Ershan and Xia Geer do it, we two wait to eat." "Okay." Tao Zhu saw that he didn't want to get up, so he followed

him The words should come down.

Li Ershan and Li Xia were very capable, and soon came over to ask them to eat, after breakfast, they did not go back to the room, but moved the rocking chair out and put it in the yard.

The sun is shining right now, if a few more days pass, the weather will be too hot to bask in the sun.

There is a small tea table in the middle of the rocking chair. Tao Zhu is peeling walnuts with a small hammer. He wants to make walnut black sesame paste and amber walnuts.

He glanced at Li Qiao, and said, "I don't know what's going on at home, I miss our big house."

"Don't worry, let's go back soon." Li Qiao crossed his legs, and while shaking the recliner under him, went to get the walnuts that Tao Zhu had peeled: "Is there anything else you want to buy? Let's buy it in a few days."

If Xin Ke Jinshi is awarded an official, no matter whether it is a Beijing official or a foreigner, he will have a holiday so that he can return to his hometown to settle his family affairs.

This holiday can last up to half a year, and this is to take care of those Jinshi who are far away. However, after half a year, the daylily will be cold. Who knows what will happen in the middle, so many people choose not to return to their hometowns.

But Li Qiao wanted to go back.

There are a lot of things at home.

Of course, if he didn't get an official—although this possibility is almost non-existent, then he also wanted to go back.

Tao Zhu also wanted to go back, so he said, "Then I'll think about it again and see what else I need to buy."

So, in the next two days, the two of them went shopping together with Zhuang Wen and Meng Yue.

As for Shen Hua and Xu Ying, they are not in the mood to hang out. They want to complete the fifty sets of clothes that the Holy Majesty instructed.

The hotter the business of the Royal Dim Sum Shop, the greater the pressure on their husband and wife. Even though Li Qiao drew the ancient costumes he saw in his previous life, the two of them still did not dare to relax, for fear of disappointing the Holy One.

The Xu family had only one reaction to this: they were so angry that they were going to die.

The Xu family searched everywhere on the second day they entered Beijing, trying to find a good marriage for Xu Ying, but the reality taught them how to behave.

The real noble daughters and elder brothers of the family look down on Xiao Xiaojuzi, at least Jinshi can get into their eyes.

After all, even if he is the number one scholar among Jinshi, he can only be a sixth-rank official at the beginning.

What's more, Xu Ying is already married, who would blatantly force the new Jinshi to divorce her husband? It's all about face!

So even if Xu Ying has a good face, his worth cannot be raised.

When the Xu family understood this, they were very annoyed. If they had known that face was not the only factor for Xu Ying's ascension, they would never let Xu Ying and Shen Hua get married!

They always thought that Xu Ying was good-looking, and could fascinate those noble girls and elder brothers with just this face, but who knew that those rich families didn't care about faces!

But it was too late to say anything now, not only did Xu Ying marry Shen Hua, Xu Ying also wrote Shen Hua's clothes on the test paper.

Right now, they could only hope that Shen Hua would get out fifty sets of clothes quickly, so as not to hurt Xu Ying.

well.

Three days passed by in a hurry, and soon it was the day when the palace examination was announced.

The author has something to say: