Chapter 150

Tao Zhu wanted to know how the fifth prince was sleeping. He originally wanted to find out about Meng Yue. Meng Yue knew a lot of news.

But Li Qiao knew that he was secretly praying for him, so every day after returning home, he would tell him the latest news about the fifth prince's family that he knew.

The weather was getting hotter and hotter, so Li Qiao put an ice basin in the house and prepared several cattail fans.

It is not yet the hottest time of summer, and it is not enough to sleep in the yard at night.

After washing up, the two cubs were already asleep. He grabbed the big cattail fan and fanned the two cubs gently while talking about the latest situation of the fifth prince today.

"The wheat harvest is in full swing. After the wheat harvest, you have to pay the summer tax. The fifth prince, as the head of the household department, went to the Holy One to report the wheat harvest situation in each province. After the report was over, he repeated the old story. The old man bravely rescued the Supreme Emperor."

"The Holy Majesty has long been tired of listening to the pleas of the Fifth Prince, and before he finished speaking, he grabbed the memorial on the table and smashed him, and let him go with a sullen face."

"At that time, the fifth prince's eyes were black and blue, with bloodshot eyes, and his face was very tired. It looked like he hadn't rested well, and the memorial fell on him, and he shook a few times, looking like he was about to faint. "

The Holy Majesty was taken aback, so he didn't bother to yell at him, and even asked the imperial doctor to come and check his pulse. Do you know what the imperial doctor said?" "How?

"

Tao Zhu sat cross-legged in short-sleeved and big pants, Still holding a small bowl of iced watermelon in his hand, he tied a piece of watermelon with a small bamboo stick and put it in his mouth, looking at Li Qiao curiously with his watery eyes.

"The imperial doctor said that his qi stagnation turned into fire, and his anger was burning. He needs to rest well, otherwise his body will suffer serious problems."

Li Qiao didn't give a shit, and just said what the imperial doctor said.

"Ah?"

Tao Zhushui's eyes widened a little: "Is he sick?"

"Yes. Excessive anger is often caused by depression. From this symptom, it can be seen that he has had a very difficult time recently. "

Now you are satisfied."

But Tao Zhu shook his head immediately when he heard the words: "Isn't he just angry? He has just started, and the symptoms are not serious, just take a rest. Wait until he is really finished." , then I am satisfied."

"...You are a bit demanding!"

Li Qiao was a little dumbfounded.

"Because he is not worthy of being the fifth prince, since he is not worthy, then of course he will be finished."

Tao Zhu bowed his head and pierced another piece of watermelon.

He is trying.

Pray once every night before going to bed, and pray again after getting up in the morning after Li Qiao goes to the court, and kowtow twice.

The fifth prince's state, regardless of whether it has anything to do with his prayer, he wants to continue praying.

Otherwise, he would probably be angry and turn into a fire!

Bad guys always bully Li Qiao, but he has no choice but to be bad guys, he can only pray to God, alas!

Li Qiao saw that Tao Zhu was angry and reluctant to put down the ice watermelon at the same time, he felt it was funny.

This watermelon was bought from a vegetable market. It's not very sweet, but it's quite refreshing to eat a small bowl on a summer night.

After giving birth to two cubs, Tao Zhu didn't take care of his body, he ate whatever he liked and let himself go.

He obviously washed up and was ready to go to bed, but he felt that he was sweating from the bath, so he had to eat some iced watermelon.

Seeing that he was still eating with gusto even though he was angry, Li Qiao smiled and said, "Don't expect too much. The Holy One is a loving father. He already hated the fifth prince and his family, but today the fifth prince is sick. , His heart softened again."

"After all, he is his own son, and it is still too early to

kill the fifth prince." Although the fifth prince is a paper tiger, Sheng Hong is a loving father.

Moreover, Sheng Hong could tolerate the British Duke for decades, let alone his own son.

"..."

Tao Zhu also understood this reason.

After becoming a father, he could understand Sheng Hong's indulgence to the fifth prince.

Fortunately, Sheng Hong also took good care of Li Qiao.

But he will not give up praying, sincerity leads to success, as long as he persists for a long time, the fifth prince will be finished sooner or later!

Tao Zhu insisted on praying, Li Qiao could only pretend not to know, the weather was getting hotter and hotter, and after the wheat harvest, Sheng Hong couldn't stay in the palace anymore.

There are no trees in the palace, especially the Tai Chi Hall, and there are only flower pots, so every summer, the Tai Chi Hall is very stuffy.

This kind of sweltering heat is actually tolerable, because the world is green with mountains and waters. According to Li Qiao's estimation, the highest temperature is about 37-8 degrees.

In general, it is about thirty-five degrees.

However, since Sheng Hong was ill, he became very life-threatening. The imperial doctor told him not to be exposed to heat or cold. Therefore, after catching a cold due to wind-heat, he immediately moved out of the palace and lived in Shengjing outside Shengjing. Jun's Dingchun Garden.

Dingchun Garden is located in the northwest of Shengjing, more than forty miles away from Shengjing, and was built at the foot of Qingquan Mountain in Shengjing.

Qingquan Mountain is neither high nor big, but there are many springs on it. The clear spring water gushing from the springs turns into streams, and the green shade is everywhere. It is really a good place to escape the summer heat.

The former emperor built a palace here, and after the establishment of Dasheng, Sheng Jun built Dingchun Garden on the basis of the former palace.

After Dingchun Garden was completed, if Sheng Jun was in the capital, he would come here every summer to escape the heat.

Later when Sheng Hong came to the throne, Sheng Hong didn't like to go out to play, he just liked to stay in the palace and read the booklets to get all kinds of new things. In the past few years, Sheng Jun was full of Dasheng's strolls, so Dingchun Garden was prepared in the past few years. left out.

The last time Sheng Jun returned to Beijing from a trip, he never traveled far, especially after Sheng Hong fell ill last year, he stayed in Shengjing safely.

Sheng Jun didn't like living in the palace without many green plants, so he moved to Dingchun Garden as soon as summer came.

Now Sheng Hong has also moved there, so Li Qiao's office has become Dingchun Garden.

Dingchun Garden is more than forty miles away from Shengjing. If you ride a horse, if you run faster, it only takes half an hour to get there.

This commute time is a little shorter than before.

Moreover, the freedom and joy of wanton horseback riding are absolutely unexperienced when riding a horse-drawn carriage.

But, in this way, Tao Zhu couldn't pick him up from get off work.

In addition, Tao Zhu was also worried that he would encounter danger on the way.

When he was in the palace, Tao Zhu was worried that he was in danger, now that he had to go out of Shengjing every day, taking the official route with few pedestrians, Tao Zhu was even more worried about him.

One day, when he came back on horseback, a thin layer of sweat appeared on his forehead, and the robe on his body was partially soaked by sweat.

Although riding a horse is fun, the sun is still hanging above his head when he gets off work, and after entering the city, he can't gallop the horse wildly, and he can't use an umbrella to shade him.

Therefore, when he came back every day recently, he was covered with sweat.

Tao Zhu hurriedly asked him to take a shower first, and he specially built a small shower room when he was repairing the warm house. This shower room is not as spacious as the one in Sanliu Village, but it works just as well.

When he came out of the shower, Tao Zhu brought a small celadon basin, which contained freshly made watermelon smoothie.

"Oh, Meng Yue and Brother Wen don't have to go out of the city, I envy them now."

Putting the small basin on the wooden table under the pomegranate tree, Tao Zhu sighed.

Zhuang Wenmengyue's official position is low, and what he is responsible for is not a big deal, so the two people don't need to understand the hard work of running to Dingchun Garden every day.

Li Qiao sat down at the wooden table and said with a smile, "It's very comfortable to ride a horse. When the weather cools down, I'll teach you how to ride a horse." Tao Zhu knew that

Li Qiao was changing the subject, because this topic is a bit sensitive. How can I complain about hard work when I work for the Holy One.

He nodded and said, "Okay."

"By the way, Mrs. Wen came over today and said that Zhou Yun was pregnant." Thinking of this, he immediately said.

"Huh? This is a happy event!" Li Qiao emphasized the word happy event.

Zhou Yun finally got pregnant. After careful calculation, Zhou Yun and Zhuang Quan worked hard for ten years to get pregnant.

This has to be a happy event! "Sister-in-law Wen is very happy, but this birth is not easy. The doctor said that Zhou Yun has to rest. Once she rests, only Mrs. Wen

is left in the family who can work."

Write a letter and see who can come and help."

"Write a letter now? It's a bit late, and when the Zhuang family comes over, Zhou Yun may have given birth to the child. It's better to buy a maid or a woman."

Li Qiao couldn't help saying.

"It's too late to buy a maidservant now, and she must be trained when she buys it back. If she gets messy, it will only add to the chaos. I want to borrow Li Yu and ask Li Yu to help her. I will come back when the dealer comes. "

Li Yu is fifteen years old this year. Although she is young, she is quick at work and good at cooking. She is a very good little girl.

"Okay, you can arrange it."

Li Qiao had no objection, and he boasted: "Brother Zhu is still careful, I didn't think of this level." "

You are busy with big things all day long. It's normal."

Tao Zhu said and said, "How about we buy a few more people?"

After donating money for the flood last year, Tao Zhu was in a hurry to make money, so he added eight people to the duck shop, named Auspicious snow heralds a good year and a good harvest—because of the second uncle Li Gu, the word Gu was not used.

However, as the stalls at home got bigger and bigger, Tao Zhu still felt that there was not enough manpower.

"Buy, you send someone to pass a message to Yazi first, and let's pick a few more when I take a rest next time."

Li Qiao ate the smoothie with a spoon, and asked Tao Zhu to arrange it.

After eating the smoothie, the heat on his body completely subsided, and Li Qiao played with the two cubs and Li Xiaorui for a while before it was time for dinner.

The weather is hot, so Zheng Qianqian and the others didn't prepare greasy ones. The adults served cold noodle, cold noodle and cold dish.

The two cubs and Li Xiaorui ate carefully prepared children's meals.

Li Qiao didn't pick anything when eating, so he took a small white porcelain basin, filled half of it with cold noodle first, then half of it with cold noodles, stirred them well with chopsticks, then picked up the chili oil prepared by Taozhu, scooped it A few tablespoons of chili oil.

As soon as the bright red chili oil was put into the basin, the unique aroma immediately whetted Li Qiao's appetite.

fragrant!

"Eat some meat."

Tao Zhu sat beside him and picked some slices of roast duck for him.

It is better to eat duck meat in summer.

Moreover, today Han Ning sent a few rabbits, which were raised by the Han family. Li Yu and the others marinated the rabbits. They are spicy and delicious.

He picked up some rabbit meat for Li Qiao.

Li Qiao has always liked to stew lean pork first, and then toss it cold. He loves this dish all year round.

It is not suitable to eat this dish in winter, but it is just right to eat in summer.

So he picked up a few more chopsticks for Li Qiao to mix lean pork with cold meat. When he put these chopsticks down, the small white porcelain basin was immediately full.

Li Qiao smiled and said to Tao Zhu, "Don't pinch it for me, you can eat it too."

As he spoke, he picked up a chopstick and put it in Tao Zhu's bowl.

This big peel is made of potato starch, but the taste is completely different from potato flour. The big peel is very thick, but very soft, and the taste is very delicate. When it is cold, add more sesame sauce. It is a very good cold dish in summer .

Tao Zhu likes to eat this, and he hasn't gotten tired of it yet.

While Tao Zhu agreed, he picked up a few slices of beef and put them in his pot: "Try this beef again. It was sent by the Han family."

In Dasheng, the cattle had to lose their ability to cultivate. In order to kill and eat meat, there is very little beef on the market. If you want to buy beef, it depends on your luck.

The Han family sent over fifty catties of marinated beef, which tasted very good.

Li Xiaorui saw that the Li buckwheat bowl was full of meat that was about to pile up into a hill, and immediately shouted: "I want to eat meat too!" "

Isn't there meat in your bowl?" Zheng Qianqian pointed at his fat face in front of him. The general large ceramic bowl said.

There is not only meat in it, but also the most tender chicken thigh and shrimp.

"But I still have carrots in my bowl." Li Xiaorui pouted his mouth high: "There are also cucumbers and eggplants."

He wanted to be like his uncle, only put meat in the bowl.

"Children have to mix meat and vegetables. When you are as tall as your uncle and father, you can eat whatever you want."

Zheng Qianqian said casually.

As soon as these words came out, Li Xiaorui's big round eyes opened even wider, as tall as his uncle?

His uncle is really tall!

Li Qiao was amused by Li Xiaorui's small expression, and said: "Xiao Rui, eat the vegetables in your bowl first, and uncle and uncle will cook you something delicious tomorrow, okay?" "Delicious?

" Crooked little head.

"Yes, it's delicious, you will definitely like it." Li Qiao's tone was extremely certain.

"Okay! Uncle and father are the best." Li Xiaorui nodded immediately.

His uncle said it was delicious, so it must be delicious.

"Then you eat everything in your bowl now, okay?" Li Qiao said again.

"Hmm!" Li Xiaorui held the bowl in front of him with his left hand, and the spoon with his right, and began to pour rice into his small mouth.

The cold noodles are spicy, so Zheng Qianqian specially steamed the rice for him, and paired it with different side dishes, he ate deliciously every bite.

Seeing this, Zheng Qianqian gave Li Qiao a thumbs up: "Uncle has a way .

"

Not like.

It's normal for kids not to like it.

After dinner, Li Qiao went to the kitchen first.

Li Dashan cut three watermelons and ate the watermelon that was not very sweet but had a strong watermelon flavor, and the whole family dispersed.

Sitting in the yard to enjoy the shade at night, there are mosquitoes, and sitting in the house playing noisy cards is too hot, so after dinner recently, everyone went back to their houses, each guarding the ice basin to cool off.

Li Qiao and Tao Zhu returned to the room with the two cubs. Like Li Xiaorui, the two cubs were very lively and active. Even after playing for a whole day, they still couldn't stay idle after they got on the kang.

For a while walking fast while leaning on the wall, and for a while crawling around on Li Qiao, Tao Zhu, and Li Xia, they seemed to have boundless energy anyway.

By the time the two of them were tired and fell asleep, it was already past eight o'clock.

Li Qiao asked Li Xia to watch the two of them, then together with Tao Zhu called Zheng Qianqian, and the three of them went to the kitchen.

He said that if he wanted to make delicious food for Li Xiaorui, he would definitely do it.

The delicious thing he wants to do is simple:

fried chicken.

It is very suitable for coaxing children.

So just after dinner, he went to the kitchen, and asked Li Yu to kill the chicken and marinate it with seasoning.

However, a baby who is only three years old should not eat more fried chicken. Therefore, in addition to fried chicken, he also mixes meat and carrots and other vegetables, grinds them into a puree in a meat grinder, and then fry them into small cakes.

If Li Xiaorui wanted to eat fried chicken, he had to eat this vegetable pancake.

In addition, you can mix noodles with vegetable juice, dye the noodles, and make beautiful vegetable buns and steamed dumplings, which Li Xiaorui should like.

By the time the three of them came out of the kitchen again, it was already eleven o'clock in the evening.

Zheng Qianqian was very moved, Li Xiaorui called his uncle uncle and father, his uncle really could afford the word father.

"Uncle, you and Uncle Zhu should go to sleep, today is too hard."

"It's hard work, isn't it just cooking something to eat. Besides, I think Changfeng, Yunfan and Xiaorui are very similar. Now Xiaorui doesn't like vegetables, and Changfeng and Yunfan probably won't like them in the future."

" If Xiao Rui can solve the problem of not eating vegetables, then you and I, Uncle Zhu, will have peace of mind in the future."

Li Qiao said with a smile.

"Yes, and the fried chicken is quite delicious, it's worth it tonight."

Tao Zhu also said.

Of the two fried chicken legs just now, he and Li Qiao had one, and Zheng Qianqian had one. He had been married to Li Qiao for so long, and he didn't even know that Li Qiao could make chicken legs into new tricks.

tasty!

Hearing this, Zheng Qianqian chuckled, "Uncle is the best!"

"Go back to sleep, make it for Xiao Rui tomorrow, and see if he likes it." Tao Zhu said.

"He must like it!"

Zheng Qianqian was full of confidence.

Li Xiaorui loves to eat chicken drumsticks, but if he is given a new method, it will make him beautiful.

The next day, Li Qiao got up before dawn.

Sheng Hong is a benevolent emperor. Since he moved to Dingchun Garden, the court has been changed to once every three days. Moreover, those officials who are qualified to attend the court are not required to attend the court if they have no important matters to announce.

But Li Qiao couldn't.

As Sheng Hong's ghostwriter, he has to go to Dingchun Garden every day.

Moreover, several cabinet scholars are getting old, and Sheng Hong can't bear them to go back and forth for eighty or ninety miles under the sun every day. Therefore, these cabinet scholars only need to go to Dingchun Garden once every three days. .

Anyway, there is no urgent matter in Dasheng recently, and these veteran ministers don't have to go to Dingchun Garden to report every day.

Therefore, the matter of classifying the memorials fell entirely on Li Qiao.

Before he did this with several other Grand Masters, his speed could not be fully highlighted. Now that he is doing it alone, his speed has improved a lot compared to before.

Sheng Hong was surprised.

Li Aiqing is also very good, right?

One person can do the work of seven people, the key is to be fast and good.

Young is great!

In Dingchun Garden, Sheng Hong was obviously more relaxed than in the palace. He came to Dingchun Garden to recuperate, and he no longer worked as hard as before.

Tired from reading the booklets, he will not insist on it. He will lie on the couch and let the maid give him a massage, and then ask Li Qiao to read the booklets to him.

Some excerpts were full of nonsense, if Li Qiao kept reading, it would take up a lot of time, and he didn't bother to listen.

He let Li Qiao handle this kind of book by himself, and he checked regularly to see if Li Qiao was messing around.

So, out of nowhere, Li Qiao had the power to approve memorials.

Although it was said that Sheng Hong would conduct spot checks, Li Qiao was flattered. The fifth and third princes couldn't get it, so he actually experienced it first?

But let's not say, this power is quite interesting.

He has always felt that reviewing memorials is like browsing Weibo, and he can get in touch with a lot of information every day. In this time and space, there is no better and faster channel to obtain various information than reviewing memorials.

However, one must pay attention to distinguishing, because there are only a few officials who report honestly like the Mingzhifu. Many officials write a book full of flattery. They often read thousands of words and cannot extract a single piece of useful information.

Sometimes when Sheng Jun has nothing to do, he would read the excerpts for a while.

Although he is Sheng Hong's biological father, his body and bones are similar to Sheng Hong's, his eyes are not dazzled, his head is not confused, and he handles things decisively.

However, he is old and has been playing in recent years, so he doesn't have much patience.

Recently, Dasheng has no major affairs. He is impatient to deal with small matters, and often sits for a while and then leaves.

Sheng Hong and Sheng Jun's father and son were in trouble, and Li Qiao's workload increased sharply.

Originally, he was able to leave work on time every day, but since he had the power to independently approve memorials, he never left work on time.

In the beginning, he got off work at 5 o'clock. After a week, Sheng Hong didn't find any mistakes, so he felt more at ease with him. Except for the notebooks such as greetings and thanks, he even let him intervene in the six volumes.

Of course, there are also some small things.

But no matter how small the matter is, it will take time. Now his off-duty time was delayed until seven o'clock, or even eight o'clock.

When he returned, the gates of the city were closed, and the generals of the Imperial Guard who guarded the city had to open the gates for him again.

Sheng Hong was very sorry, but he would never tire himself out, the most important thing was to save his life.

So he thought of a middle way: "Li Aiqing, why don't you live in Dingchun Garden? You don't have to run back and forth." "Thank you for your

kindness, but I want to see my husband and child."

Li Qiao replied respectfully.

Forced to work overtime, but he has no dissatisfaction in his heart.

Now that Sheng Hong relied on him so much, even if he could not be promoted in a short period of time, no one would dare to bully him.

If you want to climb up, if you want to stop being insulted by a rotten person like Lu Wenrong, how can you do it if you don't pay.

How can I do it without hard work?

He is not the fifth prince, he can only rely on himself if he wants to be promoted, if he wants to win Sheng Hong's favor, he must do something for Sheng Hong first.

Others had no chance to show Sheng Hong their talents. Now that Sheng Hong is holding him, he can use it vigorously. With Sheng Hong's temperament, he will definitely make up for him in the future.

Moreover, this bit of hard work is really not hard work for him. He has never suffered any hardship, even experienced the end of the world. Is he still afraid of this?

joke.

After hearing Li Qiao's words, Sheng Hong suddenly felt that Li Aiqing thought too much of his husband and children.

It won't work if you don't see each other for a day.

However, he likes such a courtier who cares about his family.

"The road at night is not safe, I will send someone to escort you back to Beijing." He could only arrange it like this.

"Thank you, Your Majesty." Li Qiao still looked respectful.

But I wanted to sigh in my heart.

To be honest, he wished someone would jump out and kill him.

If Lu Wenrong came in person, he would definitely make Lu Wenrong evaporate completely, and no one would be able to find a single hair of Lu Wenrong.

Now Sheng Hong sent people to protect him, which affected his performance.

However, being able to be protected by Sheng Hong's guards is an honor that ordinary people don't have. Forget it, it's a kind of declaration.

Now no one should really dare to provoke him.

The author has something to say: