Chapter 5

Li Qiao's business is going well.

The villagers all chose to exchange wheat for fish, so he exchanged a palm-sized fish for a sack, and used the sack to store the wheat.

Without a scale, it is impossible to know whether the wheat delivered by the folks is a catty, but he doesn't care about it.

However, he will definitely not be used to meeting someone who is particularly excessive.

An aunt thought that his fish was caught from the river and had no capital, so he asked him to make it cheaper.

He was not annoyed by this kind of rhetoric, he just explained that it was not easy for him to catch fish, and if it was too cheap, he would rather take it to his elder brother Li Liang's house for food.

As we all know, his sister-in-law Wang Guihua no longer took care of him, and if he wanted to go to his elder brother's house for dinner, he had to carry his things, otherwise he would not be able to enter.

After he said this, the aunt fell silent.

It happened that Wang Guihua came back from the wheat field with a basket on her back, so he hurriedly called Wang Guihua and stuffed more than ten fish into her basket.

Wang Guihua was not too polite, she collected the fish, gave Li Qiao a few supercilious glances, and then, under the envious eyes of everyone, entered the village with arrogance.

Now no one will make Li Qiao cheaper.

This is pure nonsense.

It's not like the fish can't be sold.

Even if it really can't be sold, it can still be taken to Wang Guihua's house.

Generally speaking, Liqiao's fish are selling well.

After the end, the wheat in the sack was full, over a hundred catties.

As for the copper plates, there is none.

The folks are reluctant to spend copper coins.

After closing the stall, Li Qiao went straight home.

Lunch was very simple. He stewed fish in clay pots and served it with steamed buns.

However, the fish was not cooked yet, and seven-year-old Li Xiaolan came with a small pan on her back. In the small pan was a one-foot-high clay pot, which contained freshly stewed fish soup.

This fish soup is full of color, fragrance, and taste, much better than Li Qiao's stewed one.

After pinching Li Xiaolan's rosy cheeks, Li Qiao put five eggs in her small basket.

After Li Liang repaid the gambling debts for the original owner, life has been very tight, and the eggs at home are all saved up to exchange for money. Although Li Xiaolan is young, she can only eat one egg in half a month.

"I'll buy you candy next time." Rubbing her little head, Li Qiao promised.

Li Xiaolan raised her head, her eyes were shining, her uncle looked calm and reliable, so looking forward to it.

After Li Xiaolan left for a while, Li Qiao's fish soup was ready.

Only salt was added, and the taste was not good, but he was not picky about food, so he quickly finished a clay pot of fish soup with steamed buns.

After eating and drinking enough, he put the fish soup stewed by Wang Guihua into the basket, then took the hemp rope and walked out slowly.

He went straight to the northwest of the village.

There are many trees growing in the northwest of Sanliu Village. The trees are not dense, they are sparse, but the trees will take away the fertility of the land and make the crops not grow well, so this is a wasteland, and no one grows crops here.

Because of Tao Shu and his wife's fuss, the Tao family sold all their fields. In order to survive, the Tao family had to farm here.

It was three o'clock in the afternoon, and it was the hottest time. Li Qiao was sweating a lot as he walked all the way.

Tao Zhu's field is next to the woods.

At this time Tao Zhu was bending over and wielding a sickle to cut wheat.

Beads of sweat soaked his clothes and fell down his cheeks.

Around his neck was a sweat towel made of burlap, which he used to wipe his sweat from time to time.

Behind him, the cut wheat is neatly lined up.

But in front of him, there are still more than seven acres of wheat.

Li Qiao saw Tao Zhu's figure from a distance, and he walked over quickly.

Tao Zhu sweated a lot, and was very tired after bending over for a long time, he straightened up, intending to drink some water and take a rest.

But when he turned around, he saw Li Qiao walking towards him.

"!"

Tao Zhu's eyes widened again, why is this man here?

"Brother Zhu!"

Li Qiao quickly walked up to Tao Zhu and greeted him with a smile.

"...What are you doing here?"

Tao Zhu frowned slightly and asked.

"Look at the wasteland. I can't afford good land. If I want to grow crops, I have to open up wasteland first." "

Then you can look at it as you like." Tao Zhu walked towards the cart with a sickle, and the clay pot he used to hold water was placed on the cart. superior.

"I have something to ask you."

Li Qiao naturally followed up: "How much wheat can be planted per mu in the fields here? How do you usually irrigate? How many weeds?" "

...There are trees competing for the fertility of the land, The yield per mu is not high, and one mu of land can only sow one hundred catties of wheat. For irrigation, water is fetched from the river, which is relatively close to the small river." "There are a

lot of weeds."

Tao Zhu answered very quickly, but also I was limited to answering questions, and didn't say a word next to it.

"Thank you for clarifying the confusion. To thank you, I have a clay pot of fish soup here for you to drink."

Li Qiao put down the basket and took out the fish soup from it.

Tao Zhu: "..."

He opened his eyes wide and looked at Li Qiao, it was too sudden.

Why does it look like he's bringing fish soup to him...

"Hurry up." Li Qiao stuffed the clay pot directly into his arms: "I said last night that I'm going to give you fish when there's no one around."

"I originally wanted to send the fish soup I made myself, but I'm not good at cooking. It happened that my sister-in-law asked Xiaolan to bring the fish soup, so I left the fish soup made by my sister-in-law to you." "Don't refuse

, What a joke, if someone sees it, then we have to get married."

Tao Zhu was a little ashamed when he heard this.

Nonsense again!

"There's no one around here, and the wheat field of Uncle Zhu's house is one mile away." He stared at Li Qiao and said.

"Since no one is watching, so what if you drink this fish soup? You saved me, why can't you drink me a bowl of fish soup?"

"Not only will I give you fish soup today, but I will also send you chicken soup in the future." "

I value my little life. If you saved it, then I should repay you in whatever way I can."

Tao Zhu : "..."

This person said the same thing, he couldn't say it.

But this man was doing it to repay his kindness...

He pursed his lips tightly, and he took the clay pot, even if he wanted to repay his kindness, then nothing would happen to him if he drank the fish soup!

That's right, for an older and ugly guy like him, with such brothers and sisters-in-law at home, how could Li Qiao have other thoughts besides repaying favors.

Thinking like this, he suppressed the disappointment in his heart and lifted the lid of the clay pot.

The fish soup was already cold, but there was sesame oil floating on it, and most of the clay pot was filled with fish, which was much more attractive than the wild vegetables he ate at noon.

"Chopsticks." Li Qiao took out a pair of chopsticks from the basket.

Tao Zhu took the chopsticks, sat on the cart, chewed and ate slowly, without the awkwardness before.

Seeing this, Li Qiao smiled in satisfaction, and then picked up the sickle: "You eat, I'll cut the wheat." "

Huh?" Tao Zhu was startled and wanted to get up.

"The fish soup is all delivered, so I should do some work." Li Qiao explained.

Tao Zhu: "..."

Forget it, if this person wants to repay his kindness, he can repay him.

So Li Qiao picked up the sickle and went to cut the wheat.

Tao Zhu looked at him and saw that he was swishing the sickle much faster than himself, he couldn't help being surprised.

This man is a scholar, where did he get so much strength?

Thinking in this way, Tao Zhu approached Li Qiao slowly, holding the clay pot in his arms.

Noticing his approach, Li Qiao continued to cut the wheat and said, "I sold fish today pretty well. As soon as I arrived under the willow tree, Aunt Xiuhua and Aunt Dani..."

Li Qiao told the story of the fish sale. .

Tao Zhu stood aside holding the clay pot, eating fish and listening. It was n't until Li Qiao finished speaking that he said, " Why are you telling

me these things? " Seeing that Tao Zhu was silent, he said again: "Today everyone traded fish for wheat, and didn't earn copper coins. I plan to go to the county town to sell fish tomorrow. " I can't come to you anymore." "...Oh." Tao Zhu clenched his chopsticks. Li Qiao caught a glimpse of his movement out of the corner of his eye, and swung the sickle faster. He could actually see Tao Zhu's slight emotional change. He was born to like men. In his previous life, he was an orphan. When he was in school, he was busy with work-study programs and had no intention of falling in love. After finally graduating, the end of the world came. In the last days, the bottom line of humanity and morality is infinitely lowered, and it is a bit difficult to find someone you like.

So until his death, he was single.

But he fell in love with Tao Zhu at first sight, and through these three encounters, he also liked Tao Zhu's character.

But now he not only has no money, but also owes tens of taels of gambling debts. As a man, how can he let the person he likes enter the house like this.

Even if he wanted to confess, he couldn't just confess with a few fish. With his current poor and white situation, he didn't want to make a big deal for Tao Zhu.

He wanted to confess his love to Tao Zhu with a real pie.

Besides, even if Tao Zhu doesn't care, there is still the Tao family.

As Tao Zhu is the only labor force of the Tao family, the Tao family will not easily marry Tao Zhu to him.

So, he has to make money fast.

The author has something to say:

Li Qiao: Roll up your sleeves and make money!