Uncovering

Notes: The family tries to go back to normal but Melody have something to tell them which puts Drew and Karen on edge.

It was later in the day and Karen was angrily making dinner chopping up the meat that she was cooking harder than usual and no one dared tried to talk to her. If anything everyone had stayed themselves upstairs after the argument with Drew had happened and Melody had seen been in her room not wanting to come out. Even for dinner she was afraid to come out and no one had the tv turned on except for Drew who had the audacity to do that to act as if everything was normal.

"Drew go get your kids." Karen said being petty as could be and he just shook his head getting up from his recliner chair and calling the kids down to eat. So, one-by-one they came except for Melody who stayed upstairs because she was afraid. She was to afraid too face Karen after what she had told her and so, when Faith and Nikki came down, Drew was looking for Melody.

"Where's Melody?" He asked them and Nikki just shrugged her shoulders looking at Faith seeing that those two had gotten closer.

"Upstairs. She scared of mama." Faith said all casually like it was normal and she went and got her plate said her grace and started eatin' and everybody just looked at her like she was fool for doing that.

And, Drew had just looked at his wife shaking his head at her and Karen just turned her head away from him feeling kinda bad but she wouldn't admit it that she did over react because this whole situation was just bothering her. So in order to not say anything else to make the situation worser she decided to just be quiet for the rest of the time while they were eating dinner and no one had said a word.

But Drew did make Melody a plate seeing that Karen purposefully didn't make her one and Karen eyed him.

"Oh so you now how to fix your own plate huh?" Karen had sarcastically asked him after seeing him make another plate since she usually did that for him too.

"This ain't for me." He said putting plastic wrap over it. "It's for Mel." He said and Karen just did a hard eye roll at him and all Drew could do was shake his head at how childish his wife was being right now.

Then after dinner was over, Karen was just washing the dishes downstairs and Drew knew he needed to stay away from his wife because she was still a little bit mad from earlier and sometimes cleaning would help her clear her mind. So here, Drew was yet again downstairs just watching his wife while watching tv making sure that she didn't leave him so he was making sure that she stayed in the house.

Because if anything they was gonna solve this as a family but then it had started raining for real and had started lighting. Luckily, Karen was done with watching the dishes and had turned it off.

However, it had started to storm so bad that it had cut the power out and all the power inside of the house had went off.

"Yoooo?!" Faith said taking off her headphones because she was listening to the finished version of her album going back over the set list even though she had completed it.

So she was just making another set list for her release party.

Then, Melody started screaming because it was already night time which meant outside was pitch black and the inside of the house was now pitch black.

Now here she was bursting out into tears because the power had really went out.

It was as if she was trapped in her bathroom due to her fear of being afraid of the dark. Here she was rocking herself back and fourth crying in the bathroom while sitting down on the floor with a dry towel thrown over her head because just needed something to help her not be so afraid but it wasn't working.