Can I Leave?

Notes:

When they finally arrived to the place after dropping off the babies at Gia's it was just as awkward as ever driving in the car because it was so silent nobody was talking or even said a word.

But Melody and Harmony did give each other looks throughout the ride with Harmony just folding her arms knowing that she had wanted to say something about Karen but Melody wouldn't let her.

"At least she's going." Melody texted her sister when they had got out of the car. "Yeah but he had to guilt her into going she could've stayed home." Harmony said being a tad bit ruthless.

But Melody just shook her head at her sister putting their phones away as they had walked into the building.

Once they had walked in they were in awe because they had never seen a lawyers office look this clean before and for the fact that it wasn't a run down office to the ones where Toya used to take them when she was trying to be a responsible parent at least.

So when they went in Drew had just told his girls to sit next to him seeing that Karen had seemed uncomfortable the whole entire time especially when they had started the conversation.

"So how long had they'd been staying there?" His lawyer asked him writing down notes.

"Well, Melody had only been staying with us for 4 months and Harmony literally just started staying with us last night." Drew told him and his lawyers eyes had widened a little bit at that information while he wrote it down.

"Was anything left with them like basic necessities clothes, documents, ID Cards things of that nature?" He asked him and Drew just said, "no" while shaking his head.

"Well, Melody had a small duffel bag with her but that was it. I don't know what was all in there." He said. "Just some books and a few clothes." Melody said speaking up to fill him in and the lawyer just nodded his head okay writing it down.

"And Harmony I suppose came with the clothes on her back?" He asked him and Drew just nodded his head yes. "But we did buy, Melody some new clothes though and so she's sharing with her for the meantime until we go shopping later on today." Drew said knowing that they could do that now and Karen had just looked at him and Drew had gave his wife a look which made him shake his head at her.

"Good. Good." He said taking note of the clothing situation.

"What about school?" He asked him.

"It's been kinda difficult trying to enroll them well Melody into school since she's been staying with us first because Toya never gave me her documents to enroll her and we just assumed that she was gonna come back shortly for her but she never did. It's like she just pretty much abandoned them." Drew said nodding his head and Harmony had looked away when the lawyer had looked at the twins.

"Okay well I'm 100% sure you won't be penalized for not sending Melody or Harmony to school especially since you weren't given the proper documents. If anything from my knowledge Toya will be the one hit with the penalty since they were legally in her care and she had done that improperly." He said.

And, Drew had lightly sighed a breath of relief and Karen had kinda straightened herself up a bit to keep from being tense.

Then after that conversation about their basic needs to see if they were met or not at Drew's home his lawyer had in fact needed to talk too the girls about their stay with Toya since this was looking a child abandonment case.

"You know before we go any further I just wanted to say that since you have proof that Melody is your daughter and Melody is her twin you could start the process of pressing charges on Toya." He told, Drew and Karen just dramatically threw her head placing a hand over her temples as if she was already annoyed with the case and it didn't even start yet and Drew had just continued to shake his head at his wife again.