Karen sings again

Notes: Mattie makes Karen sing again at GEI before her next big performance so she can get comfortable.

" But mama do I really have to sing?" Karen asked her wanting to get out of it so badly.

"Because I've been singing in church for the last 3 weeks non-stop." Karen said getting slightly annoyed with having to sing not realizing what a gift she had in her.

"Well that's because it's your time now." Mattie told her. "And awards season is coming up and I won't have you missing out on it again like I did the first time." Mattie told her.

"The Grammys situation might've been a tragic accident but this one God's gonna bless this one." Mattie told her seeing that Faith had forgot about that hit she had out on her mama and had jumped in front of the bullet for her.

"Listen to me ain't nuthin' gonna happen to you." Mattie said gently grabbing Karen's chin to make eye contact with her mother and Karen just wanted to throw up just thinking about it.

"Mama I don't know. I can't do it." Karen said sounding a tad bit too confident for Mattie when she said that.

"What have I told you about using the words, "I can't?!" Mattie said scolding her.

"We don't do nuthin' but excellence in this house and I'm a keep tellin' you that too no matter how old you get." Mattie said as she was on the verge of lecturing Karen because she disliked how much low self-esteem that Karen had and Mattie was trying to help build it up.

"But mama what if I mess up?!" Karen asked her just struggling with it.

"Then you keep goin'." Mattie told her. "Improvise if you have too." Mattie said.

"But we don't quit in under any circumstances in this house." Mattie told her again as she was sitting at her piano with Karen standing up next to her because she was practicing for Sunday's song.

"You betta sing like you know howww." Mattie told her daughter since Karen was yet again nervous about singing. Mattie knew that stage fright was one of those things that was never just going to go away even with practice. So the best advice that any musician or singer could give to another one about it was to "use that stage fright in her singing" so Karen had just nodded her head okay knowing that she couldn't get out of this performance especially since the Stellar Award committee was viewing all of the performances that would come in and she knew she had to kill it if she had wanted to be on the stage with her sisters or just herself.

Now at first Karen didn't care about even be in the running for being nominated for a Stellar Award but since she got the call from Donald that she was in it and they were considering putting her on the nominations list for "Best New Gospel Artists" she got even more nervous.

But she was also curious as to what would happen if she did just so happen to win a Stellar Award because her sisters already 8 as a group and 3 as individual artists. Karen wasn't trying to play catch up with them nor be in competition with her sisters but being an award winning gospel artist did sound nice. But the voices of her fathers words just came creeping back up into her mind and she backed out of wanting it all and just focused her attention on doing her best this upcoming Sunday regardless of the fact if her and her daughter Faith wasn't on the best terms as of now.

When Sunday finally came everybody was heading to church and the babies were dressed up as cute as they could be.

But since, J.Drew had started walking he also correlated that to wanting to pick out his own clothes as well.

So every time Karen would pick out something for him he whined and fell back on the changing table since he was still kinda small to the point where he didn't outgrow it yet.