🤣Sookai- 2 years too early

"Yeonjun wait for me!" Kai was running after his best friend in the rain. It was storming really hard. The thunder seemed to be earth shattering. Lightning electrified the sky as the two ran through the city.

Kai couldn't keep up. His best friend was too fast. He quickly lost him when he slipped in a puddle. His green raincoat was doing little to prevent him from getting wet. Now his socks, shoes and pants were soaked. He yelled "YEONJUN! WHERE ARE YOU?!"

The 13 year old stood up and looked around. He was the only one in the street. It was dark. The storm seemed to be passing through. Lightning came less often as the thunder rolled on by.

Kai began to walk with the flashlight on his phone. He tried calling his best friend but he rain made it difficult to dial. Every time he wiped a streak of water off of the screen, another one replaced it. He found an awning to stand under. The soaked kid began shivering as he dialed Yeonjun's number.

Yeonjun answered. "Kai? Kai where are you?"

He began crying. "I don't know! Why did you leave me?!"

"I thought you were right behind me!"

A beeping on Kai's phone let him know it was dying. "My phone is about to die! I don't know where I am and I'm scared!"

"What do you see around you?"

"I... it's dark! I don't see anything!" Kai began to walk some more. He was trying to find a street light or anything to help him identify his surroundings. He kept crying while yelling at his best friend for abandoning him. Then his phone died.
Now he was screwed. No flashlight, no way to contact anyone, no way to get home.

Kai kept walking. He was terrified as he shivered in his raincoat. The rain seemed to be subsiding but the wind didn't. He knocked on the doors to a couple of buildings but no one answered. All of the lights surrounding him were off. Lightning must've hit a power line. He screamed "IS ANYONE OUT THERE?! PLEASE! I JUST WANT TO GO HOME!"

No one answered. The 13 year old turned back around. Maybe Yeonjun was looking for him so he opted to stay under the awning. He sat down in the driest spot he could find and waited. Tears kept streaming down his face as he shivered. The raincoat was doing very little to keep him warm too.

Someone with a flashlight was walking by. Kai saw it was a boy about his age. He was a couple inches taller with thick black hair that hung over his forehead. He was also thin and had large almond shaped eyes. Kai stood up and ran over. "Excuse me! Excuse me! Please help me! I'm lost and I just want to go home!"

The boy shined the light on his face. He looked at Kai puzzled. "You're not supposed to be here."

Kai looked at him even more confused. He wiped his tears then sniffled. "No. I'm not. Can I use your phone? I just want to go home."

The boy's eyes changed color. They went from black to yellow. "No. You don't understand. You weren't supposed to come here for another two years. We aren't ready for you yet. You can't go home now. You screwed everything up!"

"What?" Kai started to walk backwards. The boy matched his steps. The distance between them never got larger. "Please... I don't know what you're talking about! Just tell me where Summerset Boulevard is and we can forget about this!"

"You're not going anywhere! YOU RUINED EVERYTHING! YOU FUCKING RUINED EVERYTHING AND NOW YOU NEED TO FIX IT!"

Kai began to run. He didn't want to spend one more second with that yellow-eyed psychopath. He heard footsteps running towards him so he ran faster than he ever had before. The 13 year old made the mistake of looking behind him. All he saw in the darkness was those piercing yellow eyes getting closer. "LEAVE ME ALONE!"

The boy tackled him to the ground. He pinned his arms and legs down with his own and got within an inch of his face. "What did I just say? This is your home now. You're not going ANYWHERE!"

Kai tried to fight back but the taller was too strong. He began to cry again. He cursed Yeonjun for leaving him. He kicked and fought as much as he could but it was no use. Suddenly he felt lips on top of his own. It wasn't sweet. He felt like his soul was being sucked out of him. He began violently twitching beneath the boy with the yellow eyes. He tried screaming but the mouth on top of his made all of his sounds muffled.

The stranger pulled his lips off, still pinning Kai to the ground. He waited for the boy to resume consciousness. Those eyelids finally opened. They went from brown to electric pink.

Kai blinked a few more times. He felt his eyes change. He blinked more and they changed once more. He whimpered "what did you do to me...?" The boy got off of him. Kai rolled over to look into a nearby puddle. His eyes glowed a sharp pink. He screamed. Those weren't his eyes.

The boy put his hand over his mouth so he would stop screaming. "My name is Soobin. We all know who you are Kai. You weren't supposed to be here for another two years. Now concentrate really hard. You're mad. Use that anger then stare at me."

"How do you know my name...?"

"Just do it! Stare at me and think of all of the anger you have towards me!"

That wasn't hard to do. The 13 year old really was pissed off. He saw Soobin start to float in the air with a pink glow around him. Kai concentrated harder and the boy began to scream. He had no idea what was happening. Anger turned to fear. He watched the boy fall to the ground. "WHAT THE HELL?!"

Soobin sat up and rubbed his temple. "Now you see why you can't go home? I can help you control your powers."

"What? What are yours?"

Soobin snapped his fingers. The lights on the street illuminated. He snapped again. The street went back to total darkness. He stared hard at Kai. The 13 year old went blind. He stopped concentrating and Kai got his sight back. "I control light of sorts. No one here is as powerful as you. Come with me."

"NO! I WANT TO GO HOME!"

"And how will you explain you killing your family when you lose your temper?"

"I won't!"

Soobin crossed his arms. "Is that a risk you're willing to take?"

"...no. Can I at least say goodbye?"

"No. It'll be harder to leave if you do. Trust me. I wish I hadn't."

"But my mom and-"

"Kai..."

The 13 year old whimpered "they deserve to know I'm dead at least..."

"They will. We already have a body prepared. It'll need to be modified because we thought you'd be here at 15 but still. We got it all covered."

Kai gave up. He didn't know what the hell happened to him but he couldn't hurt his family. Soobin on the other hand, he had no problem with hurting again. "Where will I be living now?"

"Walk with me." Soobin offered his hand but the younger refused to take it. He led him towards a building at the very end of the dark street. They went inside. Soobin used his powers to turn the lights on. He stared at a particular spot on the floor. It began to glow blindingly bright.
Kai watched him walk into the white hole in the floor. He was not about to go down there. Soobin peaked his head out. "Come on. What are you waiting for? Your castle is waiting."

"My what?"

"You're staying with me. I'm Prince Soobin Choi. Son of Richard Choi, King of the Devine Ones. Ready to see your new home?"

Against every instinct in Kai's body telling him to run the fuck away, he took Soobin's hand and went into the light.