Tyunning/Jungkai- On the Run

Kai watched from afar as he held the detonator in his hand.

1 hour ago he pretended to deliver a large shipment of cookies to the school. The outside was boxes of actual cookies. The inside was a large bomb. That's what these bastards deserved for bullying him. His teacher said they were going to pass the cookies out after gym class. That's exactly what he wanted to hear since his biggest bully was in there.

Taehyun Kang was the worst one out of all of them. He hated Kai for being mixed. Told him he was a half breed and bullied his sisters for it when he had the chance too. He also told him he was the reason for his parents divorce because who could love someone as worthless as him?

While he was being kicked in the stomach, Taehyun spat "fucking mutt. You belong in the pound! Ugly piece of shit!" He snapped his fingers and Kai found himself being held up by Soobin, Yeonjun and Beomgyu. Taehyun kept punching him while the others spit on him. They threw him into a locker then broke the lock. Taehyun taunted "have fun in your cage pet."

Kai dislocated his shoulder trying to break out. The janitor didn't find him until late at night while he was cleaning the halls. Taehyun told his teachers Kai went home sick. When his parents asked where he was, he simply said "studying at my house of course. I just went out to get some food for us."

It wasn't until midnight when Kai arrived at his mother's house. He told her everything but pleaded for his mom to not tell. She told the principal but like all principals do, he did absolutely nothing. Taehyun and his gang were called to his office, got a weeks suspension and that was it.

Kai spent that entire week plotting his revenge. He used his allowance to buy chemicals and materials from the hardware store. Made small test ones in his garage and watched youtube videos from experts.

The final straw was when he was walking home on the last day of their suspension. Taehyun grabbed him from around the corner then tied him to a pole. The guys took turns throwing rocks at him. Yeonjun said it made his face prettier. Soobin kept calling him pathetic for not having any friends. Beomgyu told him he was worthless and Taehyun threatened him to never tell again. He hit Kai with the wooden bat so hard, it broke a rib. The gang left him while he was coughing up blood.

Kai passed out, still tied to the pole. A woman walking her dog finally saw him 20 minutes later. She called 9-1-1 as the boy kept dripping blood from his face. Other bystanders ran over to help her untie him. His body slumped into a man's arms. They waited until the ambulence arrived, asking who the hell did this.

His face was so cut up from the rocks that his parents didn't recognize him at first. Lea was just thankful they missed his eyes. Bahiyyih held his hand as she cried by his bedside. His mom grabbed a wet wipe and gently cleaned her baby's face. "This is my fault. I knew the principal wouldn't do anything! If I hadn't told him then our baby wouldn't be in the hospital right now!"

Mr. Huening insisted it wasn't her fault. They discussed pulling him into a different school. Homeschooling wasn't an option since they both had to work to afford the bills.

Kai woke up. His head was throbbing. He saw his family asleep in various chairs by his side. He grabbed his phone and saw there was a viral video of the whole thing. They made fun of him as he watched rock after rock be thrown at his face. Most of the comments told them to stop but there was a lot that supported what the gang was doing too. Those comments hurt the most. "He deserves it! What a piece of shit! Kill him! You'll be doing him a favor if you do!"

Taehyun looked into the camera and teased "ready for the finale?" The video showed him tossing his bat in his hand while walking up to Kai's limp body. Then he saw the blow to his ribs. He could feel it all over again.

The doctor came in, happy to see he was awake. He let him know he was cleared to go home in the morning. Kai thanked him as he left.

Now it was the afternoon. The gang was back in school and so was he. Kai sat in the bushes with a detonator in his hand, waiting for gym class to end.

The teacher told everyone to change out of their uniforms so they could have the cookies afterwards. Taehyun and his gang were the last ones out. The other kids stood to the side talking while Kai watched them get closer to the boxes.
He waited until Taehyun, specifically, placed his hand on a box.

With the touch of a button, the entire gym exploded. Sirens immedietly blared through the streets. Kids were running away screaming. A dark black smoke cloud covered the school. He didn't feel guilty at all. They had it coming. Not a single person stood up for him. Fuck all of them.

Kai walked away. He knew he couldn't go home. It was easy to figure out that he did it. He kept walking away from the chaos behind him. This morning he stole his aunt's truck to carry the cookies in. Now it was his getaway vehicle.

A gun in the car with a couple of magazines was his backup if he got caught. He had nothing to live for. He was ready to die the second he pushed that button.

Starting over in a city didn't seem like the worst thing. He already had seen pure evil. If it came for him again, he knew what to do. The truck was running out of gas. He filled it up then drove off without paying.

Five hours later, he ditched it on the side of the road then opted to hitch hike. Kai ran to the other side of the street and held his thumb up with the gun still in his pocket. He kept walking with his thumb out. Staying still was a death sentence.

A truck stopped. Someone not much older than him told him to get in. He opened the door without a second thought. The stranger was attractive but creepy. He kept looking at Kai up and down like a piece of meat. The younger subtley clutched his gun in case this bastard tried to murder him.

The guy in the driver's seat laughed. "I know who you are. You blew up the school in the last county right?"

"What's it to you?"

"I'm glad you did it. I was actually going to myself. You probably don't know me but I was a senior there."

Kai took a good look at him. He had no idea who this person was. "Don't know you."

"Well, my name is Jungkook Jeon. I've been watching you for a while Kai. You took a lot longer to break than I thought you would."

"What?"

"I'm a lot like you. I wasn't bullied like you but I hated that school. I think you'd be the perfect partner if you're bold enough to do something like that."

Kai looked out the window. He felt uneasy but beggars couldn't be choosers. "Partner for what?"

"To deal out justice to those who deserve it. The ones the police ignore."

"So you're suggesting you're the joker and I be Harley or some shit?"

"As much as I'd love to see you in a tight skirt, no, not exactly. More like we make our own destiny. Jungkook and Kai. Your mom's last name is Jung right?"

Kai looked over, unable to understand how the hell he knew that. "Yeah? So?"

"Want to be JungKai? My first name, your first name?"

"Joker and Harley sound better... they had more money too..."

Jungkook laughed again. "Who says I don't have money?"

Kai turned around. There was a giant black bag full of cash in the backseat. He couldn't believe he didn't see that before. "How did you get that?"

"I'll teach you of course. So... what do you say? Partners?"

"Sure. Why the hell not?" Kai had nothing to lose. Even if this "Jungkook" wanted to kill him, he didn't mind dying.

Jungkook knew that which is exactly why he chose him. There wasn't a better partner than someone who wasn't afraid to die. He had a feeling this would be good as he drove to his next target. His foster home.