Beomkai- Lesson Learned

"Where the hell do you think you're going?!"

Kai threw his stuff into a small duffel bag. He has had it. This was the last straw. "I'm going to my parent's house. It's over."

"I didn't mean it! I swear! He meant nothing to me!"

Kai scoffed as he threw his underwear into the bag.

Beomgyu tossed the bag onto the bed. "Baby stop! It was a mistake! I thought I'd lost you!"

"A mistake?! A mistake is spilling coffee onto the floor. It is NOT having sex with someone! You knew exactly what you were doing the whole time! You thought you lost me? You didn't before. Now you have!"

"Please believe me when I say it won't happen again!" Beomgyu held the bag back, away from the blonde's reach. They had a stupid fight. He told his friend about it. Next thing he knew, they were having sex. He told himself to stop but his body wanted it. It mistook lust for the love he thought he lost. Now he truly lost the only person he had ever loved. "I swear he meant nothing to me!"

Kai snapped. "CLEARLY I DON'T EITHER." His voice started to break but he refused to give Beomgyu the satisfaction of seeing him cry. "I told you my ex meant nothing to me! And what do you do? You went and FUCKED SOMEONE ELSE! YOU... you wasted a whole year of my life." He tried grabbing the bag from his ex's hand but found it held out of his reach again.

"Can we please talk about this?!"

"No! I knew that guy had a crush on you too! I told you exactly how uncomfortable I felt around him and of course, HE WAS THE ONE YOU RUN TO!"

"KAI STOP! BABY PLEASE LISTEN TO ME!"

"GIVE ME THE BAG!" Kai gave up. Everything in that bag could be replaced. That shit could burn for all he cared. He hoped it did as he turned towards the front door.

Beomgyu set the bag down to chase after him. He grabbed his hand and pleaded "Kai listen to me! Please!"

The blonde snapped. "Want to know what the worst part was? You didn't even tell me! HE did! He had more respect for our relationship than you!"

"I swear I was going to tell you!" Beomgyu's lip quivered. He saw the love leave his boyfriend's eyes. One stupid mistake ruined everything for him. He searched his face but the love was gone. His was more present than ever. "I was going to tell you... please take me back... how am I supposed to live without you Kai? I... I can't lose you!"

The blonde saw him crying. It hurt because he could feel his pain as his heart tightened in his chest.

But what his ex did hurt him worse. His entire life shattered when Yeonjun told him what they did when they ran into each other on the street. He said he was sorry he took advantage of Beomgyu in his misery. The guilt was eating him alive so he had to tell Kai what happened. That was the only time he had ever seen the blonde cry. Their group of five dissolved that day. It was beyond repair now as Kai walked out the door.

He still refused to cry as he stepped onto the street. It was sunny. That annoyed him. Everyone looked so happy while this was the worst day of his life. The kids playing jump rope across the street seemed to laugh at him. The dog barking through the fence, mocked his depression. He kept walking towards his car. Everything around him blurred. All he saw was the steering wheel.

Beomgyu blocked the door to get in. "I love you so much. I swear it won't ever happen again! You're the best thing that has ever happened to me. I don't deserve you! I'm so sorry I put you through this. I should've trusted you. I should've called! Please! Please don't leave!"

Kai's focus was entirely on the handle of the car door. Beomgyu's waist was blocking it. He gently pushed him to the side then got in. Beomgyu kept pounding on the window but the blonde refused to look at him. The keys went into the cup holder as he pushed 'start'. The engine roared.