😜Sookai- Remembering Us

"CLEAR!"

Kai's heart was shocked. He was dying on the sidewalk after a bad car crash. Soobin's head was busted open. His right forearm was split from the airbag. Blood was dripping down his elbow as he crawled over to his boyfriend. Medical personale yanked him backwards to give the others some space to work. Soobin cried "KAI! PLEASE WAKE UP! PLEASE BABY! KAI!"

Sirens wailed all around them. People stood across the street to look onto the scene. Kai couldn't hear anything. He was trapped in a memory.

He was back in high school, studying in the library. Soobin came to sit next to him. He wrapped his arm around him then planted a big wet kiss on his cheek. Kai quickly kissed his lips then went back to doing his math homework. "Ugh. I hate this. I can't wait until we're done with school!"

Soobin grabbed his homework from him to look it over. He started to work on some of the equations even though he hated math.

Kai tried taking his homework back but his boyfriend held it further away from him. He giggled "baby give it back! It's my homework not yours!"

"Let me take care of it! You promised me an ice cream date after you were done right?"

Kai rested his chin on Soobin's shoulder. He watched him solve some of the harder problems. His boyfriend could've been writing nonsense and he wouldn't know. He couldn't stop smiling.

"CLEAR!"

Soobin watched Kai's chest rise again. An EMT tried to drag him away to go to a hospital but he refused to leave his boyfriend's side. He pleaded "BABY! WAKE UP! YOU HAVE TO WAKE UP!" He sobbed into a handful of tissues. "KAI! YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME! COME BACK TO ME!"

A guy worked to clean his arm off. Another started the clean his head. The airbag created a deep gash. The disinfectant hurt so much. Stitches were being sewn in as his eyes were being blinded with a flashlight. They determined he didn't have a concussion which was a good thing. Soobin's heart broke when Kai still didn't wake up. He felt himself losing everything.

Kai was thrown into another memory. The day they moved into their apartment.

He was carrying a couple of boxes of stuffed animals up the stairs. Soobin passed him then slapped his ass on the way out. It made him laugh. Once the boxes were set down, he went back to the moving truck to grab more. Both of them were sweating. Kai wanted to hire movers but Soobin insisted on saving money. He was starting to regret that. Their backs were killing them.

After they returned the rental truck, they stopped to get a pizza to take home. Kai insisted on a hawaiian pizza and a large bottle of diet coke. Soobin didn't care. As long as his baby was happy, he was.

They took the pizza home and ate the entire thing. Soobin didn't have the energy to start unpacking boxes. Kai insisted on starting. When he tried to get up, he was pulled back down onto the couch. He found himself wrapped in Soobin's arms being tickled. Kai couldn't stop laughing. His energy was being drained as his chest tightened from laughing too much. Kai remembered the way his boyfriend looked at him in that moment. Pure love.

"CLEAR!"

An EMT told Soobin "we have to get you to a hospital sir. I promise they're doing all they can to help him right now."

Soobin gave her a nasty glare. "I am NOT leaving him!" His eyes went back to his boyfriend's unconscious body.

"Sir. You could have another head injury that we're not able to check here. Time is crucial. I don't want him to wake up only to find you in a coma."

That scared him enough to go. He watched his boyfriend's chest rise again as he was being driven away.

Kai's next memory was of him in his house. Soobin was about to come over for the first time since they started dating. His sisters couldn't believe they didn't start dating sooner. His father absolutely loved him to the point where he already considered Soobin to be a second son. His mother had been cooking all day for their special dinner.

Soobin walked through the front door with a bottle of wine and roses. He gave the roses to Kai's mom and told her the food smelled amazing. The wine went to his dad. He found himself wrapped in a big hug before he could say anything.

Kai stood to the side with his cheeks flushed with embarassment. His dad went on and on about how happy he was that they were official now. He watched his boyfriend be dragged away by his sisters to film a few tik tok challenges. Soobin's eyes cried for help as he was brought to the living room.

The couple was worried dinner would be awkward but it wasn't. The Huenings already knew Soobin pretty well. He was treated the exact same as before. Bahiyyih joked that she liked Soobin as an older brother more than Kai. Lea scolded her for it.

"CLEAR!"

Kai still didn't wake up. They checked his pulse. The EMTs were close to giving up but they refused to.

Soobin was having a massive panic attack worrying about Kai. His chest felt like it was being weighed down by a ton of bricks. He couldn't breathe let alone listen to the doctors speak. A mask was placed over his nose. He passed out shortly after.

Kai found himself at comic con with Soobin. They went together dressed as different anime characters. It was the perfect place to release their inner weeb. Both spent double the money they expected to.

While Soobin went to the bathroom, Kai saw Hugh Jackman dressed as Wolverine. He seemed to be the only person who recognized him as the real one. He got a photo and sent it to his boyfriend.

Soobin complained he missed it while sitting on the toilet. His bowels betrayed him.

They got tickets to the pannel for the next Avatar movie. It was really cool to see the cast talk about the direction the franchise was going in as well as behind the scenes stories. They snuck out halfway through when they got hungry.

Soobin began to regret the gray wig. It was very hot in the building. Sweat was dripping down his face.

There was a stand filled with stuffed animals to the right. He bought Kai a Pikachu one with rabbit ears.

"CLEAR!"

Kai's pulse came back. The crew was delighted. He was carefully lifted onto the board then wheeled off to the emergency room.

Soobin woke up a few hours later. He sat up and realized he still had no idea where Kai was. He looked around. No one was in the room. He got up and began walking.

A nurse grabbed him then asked "sir. Do you need some help finding anything?"

"Kai? Where is my boyfriend? Kai Kamal Huening?"

She walked him to the next room over. Soobin saw him asleep on the bed. He ran over and hugged him tightly. He started to cry. The heart monitor told him his boyfriend was alive. He slumped under the thin blanket and held him tightly. "You're alive!" Soobin laughed through the tears that were dripping into Kai's hair. "Please wake up for me baby..."

Kai woke up to the feel of his forehead being kissed. He looked up to see Soobin, the love of his life. He beamed "YOU'RE OKAY!" He hugged his boyfriend so tightly it begun to hurt him. "You're alive! SOOBINNIE YOU'RE ALIVE!"

Soobin started to cry from happiness now. He gave Kai a lot of wet kisses. "I'm alive!" He wiped his eyes with the blanket. "I thought I lost you!"

"No! You'll never lose me!" Kai held him tighter. "I only saw you Soobin."

"What do you mean honey?"

"I kept dreaming about you. I love you so much."

Soobin finger combed Kai's hair. That was the exact moment he decided to marry him. "I love you too. I'm never letting you drive again!"

Kai giggled against Soobin's chest. The accident wasn't his fault. A driver tried to beat a red light and ended up crashing straight into Kai's side. That didn't matter right now. He sleepily said "okay. I won't drive again."

Soobin looked down to see his boyfriend asleep against his chest. He unlocked Kai's phone then opened an incognito tab. Now he just had to find a ring.