Yeonkai- Animagus

It wasn't easy. It wasn't supposed to be either. But they did it. Yeonjun and Kai successfully completed the animagus ritual. Did they register their animals? Absolutely not. The secrecy was the fun of it.

Kai grabbed Yeonjun's hand and ran to the astronomy tower. There wasn't supposed to be anyone up there that late at night. It was the perfect place to see which animals they were blessed to turn into.

Their footsteps echoed through the hollow halls. The moon was their only source of light. Laterns lit along their path but Yeonjun quickly put all the flames out with his wand. As long as that stupid cat didn't follow them, they would be fine.

Kai got to the top first. He whispered "hurry up! I can't wait to see what we turn into!"

Yeonjun was out of breath. He panted up the last 10 stairs then caught himself on the rail.

The two took a moment to admire the view. Hogwarts was truly one of the most beautiful places in the world. Warewolves could be heard howling in the forbidden forest. They had the full moon to thank for that.

Yeonjun looked at his best friend. He nudged him with his elbow asking "you going first or me?"

Kai was nervous his animal was going to be stupid like an ant. It could be anything. "You go."

"Okay." Yeonjun backed up then took a nervous deep breath. In an instant, he changed into an arctic fox.

Kai couldn't help himself. He cooed "AWE! YOU'RE SO CUTE!" He picked up his best friend and started hugging him. The white fur felt soft against his cheeks. Yeonjun was doing his best to scramble out of his arms without hurting him but Kai only hugged tighter. "CUTIE FLUFFY YEONJUNNIE!"

Yeonjun changed back to his human form. He was not thrilled with Kai's reaction. "Don't do that again!" He couldn't stay mad for too long. He absolutely loved his animal. "Your turn! You go! You go!"

Kai jumped up and down to expel nervous energy. "Okay. I'm ready!" He transformed into a white peacock.

Yeonjun gasped as his feathers expanded. "Wow! You're so beautiful Kai!"

The peacock began to strut around. Kai knew he was beautiful and he proudly displayed it. Yeonjun joined him as a fox. They started to chase each other around the tower. The fox playfully tackled the peacock. They began to roll around while pouncing. Suddenly, they heard a cat at the top of the stairs. The two animals looked at each other then quickly transformed back to their human selves.

Kai and Yeonjun started to run. They got off the first floor they could then hid quietly around a corner. The light from Filch's lantern came into view. His heavy breathing followed. The two stayed as still as possible. That stupid cat came closer. Mrs. Norris started to meow in their direction. There was only one way they were getting out of this and it was a longshot. Yeonjun and Kai shared a look. They nodded then quickly transformed.

Yeonjun ran towards his slytherin house. Kai ran towards hufflepuff. The cat was split on who to follow. She kept bouncing between the two ends of the hallways. Her meows were conflicted. Filch assumed she was chasing a pack of rats. Wouldn't be the first time. "Come on. I'll get you some food. There's no one here."

The two met in the dining hall for breakfast. Kai stuffed his face with french toast. He wasn't aware of how fast peacocks could actually run until last night. It took a lot of energy out of him.

Yeonjun laughed as he sipped his orange juice. "I can't believe we did it Kai. I mean we really fucking did it!"

"And to think. We're not even the smartest in our class."