Sookai- Amtrak to D.C

Soobin was sitting in the back of the last car on the train. Kai was sitting in the front. One in a business suit. The other in an expensive track suit. Both with large switchblades, a mask and a capsule in their carry ons. They were waiting for someone very specific to board the train.

Riley Cunningham was a famed reporter for the Washington Post. His son, Riley Junior is his assistant. That's who was currently on the train. That's exactly who Soobin and Kai were waiting for.

He had dirt on the two famed criminals. It was supposed to be a secret. The story was too big to be one. Moles in the media company leaked it online. The Washington Post did their best to shut it down but it was too late. Now the story had to be speedlined before a different company could break it first.

In Riley's briefcase was proof the pair was money laundering. He snuck into their facility and stole a stack of fake $20 bills. These bills were going straight to Washington along with the video camera. Kai was the one who noticed the missing stack. Soobin was the one who found the Amtrak ticket to D.C. This guy was threatening their million dollar operation. It was time to take him down.

Kai made sure to angle his phone in a way so he could see a couple rows behind him. Riley sat down two rows back. He exited out of his game to text Soobin his location.

Soobin looked up. He saw the patch of ginger hair poking out of the back of the seat. The train left the platform. D.C was only two hours away. Their timer started.

There wasn't very many people in the back of the train. Their plan was to wait until the last half hour of the ride. It would make for an easier getaway.

A whole lot of nothing whipped by as they started to pick up speed. Kai took a selfie with Riley in the photo. He sent it to Soobin so he could know what he looked like. The next picture was another selfie. This time, the angle was faced towards the briefcase by the wall. If their smoke bomb wasn't successful, they wouldn't have much time to grab it. It was a one shot, one chance mission.

Soobin reviewed the financials of their operation in the back. They made ten million real dollars last year. That was their reward for printing 100 million fake dollars. Mobs on the east coast were their biggest customers. Since they had to move their operation, their customers were now high level drug dealers.

Kai had their location pinned down. It was now his job to increase security. He vetted through a couple body guards the mob recommended. Three was ideal. Anymore would be too risky. Once he got his candidates down to five, he casually walked over to Soobin's booth and sat down. "Hello sir. You look like a smart business man. Would you be interested in any of these products?"

Soobin took the phone and looked at the first guy. "Tell me more about this one."

"Ah. That one is highly dependable. It has stood the test of time. One of the rare products that has lasted in the market for five years. It's impressive considering it isn't old."

"I like this one. What's next?"

"This product is 40 years-"

"Next."

Kai rolled his eyes. He knew that was going to happen but he tried regardless. That 40 year old was the most qualified on his list. Soobin was just prejudice against everyone over thirty for some reason. He pulled up the next photo. "This one is the most physically fit out of all of them but this product hasn't been on the market for very long."

"Why are you showing it to me then?"

"It has the most potential. I was assured it did extremely well in trials."

"Sure. I'll take that one then." Soobin looked at his watch. "We can discuss this further after we arrive. I need to get some work done. We will be arriving soon."

Kai went back to his seat. He took the capsule out of his briefcase then briefly looked back. He lit the thing on fire then threw it in the middle of the aisle. It exploded in a cloud of gray smoke. Their masks went on. Everyone in the car started screaming.

Riley yelled "WHAT'S GOING ON?!" He clutched his briefcase to his chest.

Soobin and Kai worked quickly to bust the lights in the cabin. Glass rained on top of their hoods as they kept working their way to the middle. The black sky failed to provide natural light through the smoke. D.C was getting closer. Soon, the city lights would illuminate the car.

Kai yanked Riley out of the chair. He slit his throat then worked rapidly to kill everyone else in the car. The loudest woman was the next one to die. Her panicked screams were getting on his nerves.

Soobin stripped the briefcase from Riley's cold dead hands. He also dug around for a cellphone. He found it in his pant pocket. The electronic watch was stabbed through his wrist to destroy it. When the smoke began to clear, he lit his capsule on fire to engulf the car again. Now he had to work on the security cameras.

Kai finished killing off the last person in the car. He went back to his bag to grab the alcohol sprays. His knife was wiped clean. Everything he touched was treated and disinfected. Then he hit the areas Soobin was in. The police had a million photos of their faces. They didn't have any samples of their DNA. Kai wanted to keep it that way.

Soobin looked out the window to see the car pulling into the station. He warned "it's time to move. This was the last train of the night right?"

"Yes. We need to leave before the staff starts cleaning."

"We will."

They took their masks off. Kai sprayed and wiped them down. Their shoes got sprayed as well.

Once the train stopped at the platform, they quickly left the station with their hoods up. Kai had a lot of blood on his. He ran outside ahead of Soobin. The sweater was dumped into a gas station trashcan. Soobin took his hand then they started to run through the alleys.

Riley's cell phone was going off. The caller ID was his father. Soobin shut the phone off to avoid being tracked. A little thing he forgot to do earlier.

Kai found a bike rack outside of a nearby school. There was a couple locked into it. He saw the owners were some kids playing basketball on the court. "Think you can break the locks?"

Soobin easily broke them. The locks were cheap. They stole their bikes and rode off to find some place to stay for the night. A shitty motel pulled into view. It seemed perfect. Kai paid for their room in cash. They got their keys after presenting fake IDs.

Kai took his clothes off in the bathroom and started to wash the blood off in the shower. Soobin turned the TV on. The murder on the Amtrak was the top story everywhere. A dozen people dead. Their faces plastered as "wanted" with video footage of them leaving the station. "Hey Kai?"

"Yeah?!"

"How safe is this hideout?!"

Kai poked his head out of the bathroom door. "Very. I bought it a couple of years ago as a backup. One of the people on the list runs it. I was hoping you'd like him. Otherwise that would've been an awkward conversation."

"And that is?"

"Hand me some clothes." Soobin obeyed. He had no interest in seeing his business partner naked. Kai stepped out when he finished changing. He grabbed his phone to show him the resume of Beomgyu Choi. "He has a temper but he's honest. Incredibly talented and reliable."

"And he's been running a... dry cleaners the past year?"

"Our room is below. Completely run by a generator. Not even the water lines are connected with the top floor. You can only enter through a tunnel. Beomgyu set up everything for me."

"How did you two even meet?"

Kai smirked. "On the train. Where do you think I got my knife from? I'll tell you more about it when we see him tomorrow. For now, we just need to stay alive. I hope that desk person doesn't watch the news."

They looked at the TV together. The news program ended with their story again. Pictures of the bloody walls circulated the segment. Riley Senior was being interviewed. He vowed to bring his son's killers to justice. Kai laughed. "They'll have to catch us first!"