🤣Sookai- Prophecy

Soobin was sitting down, unable to comprehend what was happening. He held the glass ball in his hands then rubbed the top of it. All he saw on the inside was a boy he had never seen before. He hoped the image was himself. It was supposed to be him. He rubbed it one more time just to make sure. The same dark haired boy appeared.

It took everything he had not to break the prophecy. He gently set it back down on his mother's nightstand then walked off.

His parents have been lying to him since he was 10. They told him he was special. That he, Soobin, would be the one to end the future war. Prophesies can change due to the choices of others; it's happened before but people rarely changed. He knew that. But he had been asking the ball, the same question every day for a year, and it hadn't. This scrawny little kid was supposed to be "the blessing", not him.

Choi wasn't even his original last name. His real parents gave him up when he was two because they were scared of him. The Chois gladly took him in because they assumed he was the one. They were wrong. Kai just wasn't born yet.

His adoptive mother walked in to check on her son. She saw him slumped over on her bed, playing with the lights. "Sweetie, what's wrong?"

The depressed 14 year old turned the lights off so his mom wouldn't see him like this. "He isn't special. I am. How is it him?"

"Turn the lights on please. I want to see your beautiful face." She sat down on the bed and waited. The lights turned on. Her son was slumped onto his side in misery. She put her hand on his shoulder and lightly squeezed it. "Soobin... you are special. He will need help. This will be scary for him. You have a seperate prophecy darling."

Soobin watched her grab the glass ball and place it into her hands. His mom closed her eyes then mumbled a couple of things.

The milky blue fog in the ball started to morph. He saw him and the boy playing together. The image swirled to where they looked older. Soobin was training him in the courtyard. The boy was complaining he couldn't do this, that he wanted to go home. Older Soobin grabbed his hands then said something he couldn't make out. Suddenly the boy showed progress. The last image was the boy floating in the air. Beneath was a battlefield. The boy looked possessed. Older Soobin was screaming for the boy to do something. Lightning seemed crackle around "the blessing" floating in the air. His eyes opened and in a single second, their enemies dropped to the ground. The milky blue fog returned to the ball.

His mother set the ball back down on the nightstand. She looked at her son's reaction. "Soobin? You may not be who you want to be, and we're sorry for making you believe you were, but he can't do any of that without you. I've seen it. We all fall without him. Your destinies are intertwined. You can't live without one another and neither can our people."

Soobin sat up and nodded. Knowing everyone wouldn't live without the boy made him sad. Knowing the boy couldn't live without him made it happy. It showed he is important. In a way, he is a blessing to "the blessing."

His dad came into the room now. "Hey. Your birthday is tomorrow. I'm sorry you have school but is there anything you want to do after?"

"No... anything is fine. Really. Can I ask you guys something though?"

"Of course. What is it?"

"If you knew that it wasn't me then why did you guys keep lying to me?"

His mother pulled him into a hug. "We thought the same way you did. We kept checking but nothing changed." She pulled him to his feet. "Come on. You have training to do."

Mrs. Choi watched her son leave for school. When he was out of view, she picked up the ball one last time. She asked to see the son of the infernals. The silver haired boy was just playing catch with his friend. He looked so innocent yet he was going to become their most dangerous threat. The real issue was, he already started his training. Their blessing wasn't supposed to enter their lives for another couple of years.

Soobin was in class, pretending to listen to his professor. He couldn't stop thinking about what his role was with the boy. How much help could he be? He wasn't that much older than him. Deep down, he hated the boy too. It should've been him. He was somebody. The other guy was a nobody!

"Are you paying attention Mr. Choi?"

Soobin looked up. Professor Jisoo was staring directly at him. "Yes sir."

"What was I just talking about?"

"The elements?"

"Not even close."

"Sorry..." Professor Jisoo continued his lesson. Soobin paid attention for a full 5 minutes before his mind wandered back to his role in life.

Kai was at the shelter with his family. They were looking for a dog because Lea had been begging for one. Their parents finally gave in when their goldfish died.

While everyone was looking at the dogs, Kai's attention was on the rabbits. There was a little white fluff ball that caught his eye. It was mostly the color of fresh snow but the ears and nose were black. He stuck his finger inside the cage. The little rabbit hopped up and sniffed him out. Kai gushed over the fuzzy little thing. "You're so cute!"

Bahiyyih ran over to see what her brother was looking at. "Wow! That one is so cute! He looks like cookies and cream! What's it's name?"

Kai looked at the tag. "It says Simon! That's so cute!"

Bahiyyih, his little sister, grabbed his hand then cheerfully yelled "come on! We found a doggy!"

The two kids ran over to find the rest of their family. They stopped in front of a 3 year old golden retriever. The first thing Kai noticed was her missing back leg. "Poor baby! What happened?"

A shelter volunteer explained she was run over by a car. They guessed she got loose from a yard and the owners just never came back for her.

Kai stuck his hand through. It broke his heart to see the dog limp over to receive pets. "We're getting her right? We have to!"

The kids looked at their parents with hope glittered on their faces. The adults gave in. An hour later, she was theirs. On their way out, Kai waved to rabbit. "Bye Simon!"

They spent the day playing with their new dog after going to the petstore. Kai helped set up the pet bowls then assisted his dad in bringing the bags of dog food.

At dinner time, the kids kept sneaking the dog some of their chicken nuggets. The TV blared a warning message during their program. Mrs. Huening turned the volume up. "Severe thunderstorm warning in effect from 7:10pm until 3:00am. Winds expected to reach up to 25 miles per hour. Possible hail." The message played again as the warning signal blared.

Kai asked "dad? Can I still go out tonight?"

"Sure. Just stay indoors okay?"

"Thanks dad."

Soobin, on a hopeful whim, looked at the ball again before bed. It depicted the same boy. Nothing changed. He should be thankful "the blessing" needed him but he wasn't. It made him mad. He decided to take a walk.

The lights to the streets turned off. He didn't care for anyone to see him right now. The storm reflected how he felt inside. Angry, chaotic and depressed.

His clothes were soaked within five seconds. Rational him would've turned around to go home but what was the point of going home? Out on the streets, he was special. No one was around to see how special he was which made him even more upset. As revenge, he killed the power for the whole town. If no one could see how incredible THE Soobin Choi was then no one deserved to see at all.

The rain was deafening. They felt like wet bullets pouring down onto the street. Lightning illuminated his path as he kept walking. If he could, he would kill that off as well. "Stupid lightning. Let me be miserable."

He got his wish. The stormed kept rolling onwards as his walk into town continued. Darkness was now permanent into the night. It was time to go home. A light illumimated so he could find his way back. 10 minutes later, much to Soobin's dismay, the prophecy came true.