Beomkai- Subjects 2 and 16

Beomgyu woke up from being knocked out. His memory was pretty foggy. He looked around to familiarize his surroundings. There was a white florescent light hanging above him. He was strapped to a hospital bed. All of his limbs seemed to be tied down. To his left laid a table of various syringes. Each had a different colored substance inside. The little table behind it had medical power tools and a few scalpels.

Was he supposed to be here or was he forced to be here? He couldn't remember.

A young blonde walked in. He was wearing nurse scrubs with a clipboard in his hand. He, very briefly, looked at his patient up and down then back at the clipboard. His tone was flat. His eyes unmoving off of the clipboard as he stated, "I'm glad you're awake. Beomgyu Choi. Confirm your date of birth please."

"Um... March 13th, 2001." He wanted to rub his temple but he couldn't. His head really hurt. The light was also blinding his eyes. "Excuse me, is there any way to dim the light? Also, where am I?"

"You're in your new home." The blonde nurse reached into a drawer to grab a thick pair of sunglasses. He placed those on, still refusing to look at his patient, then went back to staring at the clipboard. "You're here to revolutionize the medical industry. My boss is going to make you a super weapon. If you survive that is."

Beomgyu's blood ran cold. Anxiety fueled his body. He tried to bust through his restraints but it wasn't of any use. His eyes locked onto the blonde. "Why are you doing this?!" He got no response. Not even a facial twitch. The blonde had been staring at the same page for 10 minutes now. It couldn't take him that long to read. He demanded "at least look at me! Tell me your name!"

The nurse coldly stated "can't. I'm not meant to see the test subjects for more than what they are. Test subjects."

"TELL ME YOUR FUCKING NAME AT LEAST. YOU OWE ME THAT MUCH!"

"Kamal." The blonde looked backwards to the door. He looked nervous for a moment before directing his eyes onto the clipboard again. "It means perfection. He just wants to make you better. Like me. Your name is no longer Beomgyu Choi. You'll be referred to as subject 16."

"Like you?" Beomgyu started to violently struggle to loosen his restraints. He heard a buzzing sound. The glasses were so dark, it made it hard to see. By the time he saw the tattoo needle, it was too late. The number '16' was being inked into neck. He begged him to stop as the needle carved his skin. It was over in a minute. "LIKE YOU? WHAT DID YOU MEAN LIKE YOU KAMAL?!"

Just as the blonde was about to speak, the doctor walked in. He looked eerily similar to Kamal. Much older, more european but had distinctive features that was hard to miss. When the blonde turned his head, Beomgyu saw the small black mark below one of his moles. Kamal was number two. He began to wonder what happened to number one?

The doctor came around to Beomgyu's bedside. He began to inspect the tattoo. He turned to the blonde and asked "did you not disinfect it yet?"

Kamal frantically dug through one of the cabinets. He grabbed the cleaning solution, the wrap and the moisturizer. "I was about to. I'm sorry sir. It won't happen again."

The doctor balled his fists for a moment. He coldly stared at the blonde, watching his every move. "What did I tell you about excuses Two?"

"That I better have a good one..."

"And what happens if you don't?"

Kamal gulped as he carefully moisturized the '16'. "I get a strike on my yearly report."

"And what number strike will this be?"

"Three..."

The doctor nodded. "It's a shame. You only had a week left before your card was wiped clean. You know the punishment. Go ahead. Choose your tool."

Beomgyu saw Kamal on the brink of tears. He watched him grab a needle and thread. His hands were shaking. Badly. Beomgyu's eyes followed the doctor as he watched the thread get tied into a knot. The loose string was clipped. The tip of the needle was pointed upwards into Kamal's bottom lip. Without thinking, Beomgyu yelled "STOP! IT WASN'T HIS FAULT! PLEASE STOP!"

The doctor was shocked. The blonde was too. Beomgyu begged "it wasn't his fault... I- I was just being difficult!"

Neither of the two medical professionals spoke for a while. Kamal tilted his head towards to ceiling to force his tears back. His punishment would be worse if he looked at the person who was trying to save him.

The doctor devilishly laughed at Beomgyu. "You... you would spare him? Do you understand what he was about to do to you?"

"I don't care. He's scared of you! I'm sure you're forcing him to do it!"

The doctor loudly commanded "SUBJECT TWO. STAND IN FRONT OF ME. NOW!"

Kamal ran over. He held his hands behind his back. His eyes were locked onto the doctor.

Beomgyu watched the punishment begin. The needle went straight into the blonde's bottom lip. He was watching his lips get sewn shut. Tiny droplets of blood began to stain the thread. He looked away. He couldn't stand to see this. Every muscle in Beomgyu's body cringed. His heart broke hearing the smallest whimper come out of the blonde. That was the only noise Kamal made the whole time. The doctor commanded "TURN TO FACE HIM!"

Kamal did as he was told. It was the first time their eyes locked. A single tear slipped from his eye. He refused to wipe it.

Beomgyu couldn't stand to look at him. It wasn't even the blood sewn lips. It was the total despair in his eyes that was the hardest to see. He forced himself to look at the blonde again. He owed him that much. Turning away felt cowardly. He felt guilty, like he was avoiding to look at a monster. Kamal wasn't one. Not even close. Beomgyu mouthed "I'm so sorry."

The doctor said "because I like you subject Two, I'm only going to leave you in your condition for a week. Your year will be over then. Fresh start. Correct?"

Kamal tearfully nodded. He left the room afterwards.

The doctor turned his attention towards Beomgyu. "Alright subject Sixteen. Listen carefully. Two was supposed to give you a rundown of our facility but obviously that isn't possible right now. So I will be doing it. There is only two rules. One, do your best in everything you're asked. Two, obey my instruction without question. You're allowed three strikes in a year. If you accumulate a fourth, you die."

Beomgyu was terrified. "What do you want with us sir?"

"To make you the most dangerous weapons on the planet of course! Most people think atom bombs are the deadliest thing known to man. No one thinks about the people who control them. I'm creating the most elite race the world has ever known."

"I'm a nobody... I'm not special. I'm not elite! I-"

"Shh... you're not special yet Sixteen but you will be. I have a feeling that you and Two will be the greatest weapons known to man. I really hope you're strong enough to survive this."

Beomgyu looked over to see the syringe with orange liquid being lifted. He started screaming "HELP ME! SOMEONE! PLEASE HELP ME! His arms and legs flailed about in their restraints. No one was coming to help him. He was close to pissing himself as sweat dripped from his temples. "WHAT IS THAT SHIT?!"

The doctor smirked as he tapped the air bubbles away. "Poison. You'll be getting a dose of the worlds deadliest poisons every day to build your immunity. This is just the start of your beautiful journey ahead. I hope you make it past the first step."

Beomgyu shrieked as the needle pressed into the main vein on his arm. Liquid fire was being enterred into his bloodstream. He screamed in agony. His muscles harshly contracted inwards. A deadly fever was starting to set in. The ceiling was spinning in a rapid spiral. Closing his eyes didn't help. He screamed again, only to hear it being echoed back. He finally passed out when it became hard to breathe.

The doctor left him to fight for his life, alone in the florescent white room. Sixteen looked promising. He hoped he would still be alive in the morning.