😨Tyunning- Be with me

Time ticked away while Taehyun was waiting in the coffee shop. He wasn't even sure Kai was coming. His ex was already twenty minutes late. It wasn't like Kai to be late to anything. He nervously tapped on the table while refusing to give up hope. It took a miracle to get him to agree to a meeting. It seemed like an even bigger miracle for him to actually show up.

Kai had been sitting in his car for the past twenty minutes trying to convince himself to either leave or go in. He didn't know what the hell he was thinking.

Years had passed since they had last been together. Hell, Taehyun was engaged in that time. Kai was now a completely different person. The rejection to his own proposal made him more sheltered. It was impossible for him to become serious in a new relationship without worrying they'll just leave like his ex did. What was worse was his inability to move on. He loved and hated Taehyun simultaneously.

Kai sighed then looked at his watch. He had been sitting in his car for a half hour now. It was time to go in.

Taehyun's eyes brightened at the sight of the blonde. He stood up straight then adjusted his jacket collar. "Hi... thank you so much for coming."

"I honestly don't know why I'm here." Kai sat down. He told himself to be polite but the anger boiling inside made it difficult. Seeing his ex just reminded him of the rejection all over again.

Taehyun ordered Kai's favorite drink then brought it to the table. He was pretty proud when he pushed the beverage over. "Peach tea lemonade right? Your favorite?"

"I actually haven't had one since you left me."

"Oh..."

The silence was painful. Kai sipped the beverage to be polite. He changed quite a bit. Everything he loved when they were together was left in the past. The taste of peaches in general was something untouched for years. Taehyun used to eat them all of the time. Kai swore he tasted sweeter when he ate them. Now it just tasted like regret.

His mind wandered to the painful image of returning the ring. The shame he felt was unbearable. He could hear how sorry the employees felt for him when he walked away. He cried for an hour in the car afterwards. His ex destroyed him and now he was having a beverage with him. Kai finished the drink in silence. The noises of background conversation and coffee machines surrounding the two, only seemed to make their silence louder.

Taehyun watched him bring the empty glass to the counter. When Kai sat back down, he saw how reserved he looked. It hurt knowing he did that to him. "Thanks again for meeting with me."

Kai glimpsed at him then stared at his watch. He told Soobin he was taking the afternoon off of work but going back in felt tempting. His tie suddenly felt itchy. He struggled to loosen it in his discomfort.

Taehyun began to help him. Kai dropped his hands to his lap. His ex's eyes focused on the window while his own snuck glances at Kai's lips. He would do anything to feel them again as he finished loosening the knot. "There. Um... do you feel better?"

"I guess. I have to get back to work."

Taehyun grabbed his hand. "Kai please stay. Please."

"I can't do this. I know it's been years but I can't."

"I am begging you to stay."

Kai melted in those large puppy eyes. They were always his weakness. He sat back down then started looking at everything but him. "Why am I here Taehyun? What do you want from me? To catch up? To tell me how much better your ex-fiance was in bed than me? To tell me why you said yes to him if you were supposedly still in love with me?"