Sookai- Dead and Alive

Being dead isn't exactly like Hyuka thought it would be.

For one, he thought he would stay dead.

Waking up on an autopsy table was certainly a shock. Being blinded by the white ceiling lights was even more of a shock. The biggest surprise of all, was not being able to feel the last stitch get sewn into his body. He didn't move as the medical examiner continued to work on him. His eyes blinked a few times as he struggled to process everything.

When the doctor turned around, Hyuka lifted his head. He looked down to see his torso covered in a line of stitches. He then tried to see if he could wiggle his fingers and toes. He could. His skin looked ghost white. He was definitely dead.

The doctor started coming back so he decided to play dead again. A white sheet was being pulled over his body. Hyuka heard his table being wheeled to somewhere. It clicked that he was about to go into a shelf. He quickly sat up then ripped the sheet off of his face. "Please don't put me in there!" The doctor screamed. Hyuka begged "no! No! No! It's okay! I'll stay here! I'll do whatever you want! Just don't lock me in that box!"

"ZOMBIE!" The doctor reached for his phone in his pocket. It slid across the floor when he accidentally dropped it.

Hyuka got off of the table. He picked it up then offered it to him. "Here you go! See?! I'm friendly! Lock me in this room. I don't care! Just please don't stuff me in a box!" The doctor didn't move. Hyuka read the plate on the door. "Doctor Soobin Choi. Soobin! Can I call you Soobin?"

"THIS ISN'T POSSIBLE! ARE YOU GOING TO EAT ME?!"

"NO!" Hyuka hopped onto his table. It dawned on him that he was still naked when he saw his reflection on the surface. Embarassed, he grabbed the white cloth to cover himself up.

Soobin involuntarily laughed. This zombie was being modest even though he's seen literally every part of him. He hesitantly snatched the phone away from Hyuka's hands. He was still worried this guy was about to eat him. The zombie had the cutest grin on his face as he looked at his body. His feet kicked excitedly off of the edge. Soobin took a picture.

Hyuka looked up when the flash of light hit his eyes. "Can I see it?" Soobin flipped the phone around. Hyuka leaned over then grinned. "Still handsome! Even in death. Wait! How did I die?"

"Uh..." Soobin grabbed his chart then sat down on a stool. He wheeled the stool next to Hyuka so they could look at it together. While the zombie was looking at it, he kept an eye on him out of paranoia. "Alcohol poisoning I think? You had a concerning amount in your system."

"Really? I thought I only had one beer."

"What do you remember?"

Hyuka gave him the chart back. "I was at a club with my friends. I was the designated driver so I only had one beer because of it. I remember someone hitting on me. I can't remember his face though. Everything else is blurry. Do you think he killed me? Where was I found?"

"You were found in the lounge of the club." Soobin grabbed his laptop then sat back down. He pulled up the photo of Hyuka's back and showed it to him. "You did have a lot of bruises. The guy who you were seen with just said you like it rough." The zombie whispered something he couldn't quite hear. Hyuka looked really sad. Soobin placed his hand on top of his to comfort him. He felt very cold. "What is it?"

"I was a virgin... or at least I thought I was... I can't remember anything after that guy kissed me." Hyuka slumped back to lie on the table. He started to wish he remained dead. If he had, he wouldn't have to live with the fact that his murderer assaulted him. Soobin pulled up a photo then flipped the laptop around. Hyuka glanced over then went back to staring at the ceiling. "I don't know who that is. Probably the guy who killed me if you're showing me him."