🐸Tyunning- Prison Conversation

Juvenile detention is an interesting place. You got kids who did small things like stealing a couple cars or selling weed by the playground. Then you got kids who were going to be the next Ted Bundys in life.

Taehyun and Kai were murderers. Neither Taehyun nor Kai thought they deserved the punishment they received. The two actually thought they got off lightly. Both 17 years old, both did smiliar but terrible crimes. If you asked them, they genuinely thought they would end up in adult prison. The lawyers against them wanted to try them as adults. The law simply said they couldn't.

Taehyun was a volunteer at the local emergency room. He did it because he simply liked to watch people die. His big eyes would stare into their soul until only darkness was left.

His targets ranged from the eldery to middle-aged men who didn't have any family left. He would befriend them to gain their trust and then pull the plug. Or increase their medicine to a lethal amount. Whichever he was in the mood for that day. He managed to kill six people until they figured it out. His last words before going to juvie were, "they were close to dying anyway."

Kai went for a much younger target. His oldest victim was 6 years old. He liked to find orphans and give them cyanide candy. In his mind, he was sparing them from growing up in this shit world. His childhood was terrible. That wasn't an excuse for murdering 5 kids but the lawyer tried claiming a savior complex as a defense. His last words before going to juvie were "I did them a favor."

The two ended up being cell mates. It did not take long for them to become friends. They did everything together including beat someone to death for an attempted rape on Taehyun. Because of the new murder on their records, they were set to be sent to adult prisons when they were 18. Neither minded until they were told they were going to separate prisons. Now they wanted to escape.

Taehyun was pretending to read a book on the floor. He waited for a guard to pass then slipped Kai a note. It read "my birthday is in two months. Want to break out of here before we're seperated?"

Kai stopped drawing on the wall to read it. He nodded then tossed it into the toilet. Without looking up, he asked "what's your plan?"

The older kept pretending to read as another officer walked by. A couple of pages turned before the officer was out of ear shot again. "Don't have one yet. We need something sharp though. Or a bunch of layers of clothing so we don't get sliced by the top of the fence."

"How sharp were you thinking and what for?"

Taehyun drew a picture of a sharp object cutting the wires of the fence. The slit wouldn't be visible if you stared at it. If you pushed the fence however, you'd see the two ends separate so a grown man could fit through. He made extra notes so the message would come across. It got quickly passed to his cell mate before he went back to reading.

Kai looked at it curiously then tossed that drawing into the toilet. "I think we would have better odds with the clothes. It would just be harder to run."

"Neither of us are on laundry duty though."

"I actually got on it yesterday."

Taehyun sat down on the bed with him so they could whisper. He stared at the two pieces of paper in the toilet. Those had to be taken care of. He got up to piss then flushed them away. It's not like Kai had never seen him do that before. They shared a cell. They've seen more of each other than they'd like to. He sat back down on the bed then asked "how did that happen?"

"They had an opening. The last guy got released early for good behavior. I figured I'd give it a shot."

"We're you planning on telling me this?"

Kai was confused at the sudden attitude. "Of course. It's me and you for life. I was hoping we could work together actually but-"

"You like my idea better I hope."

"What's with the sudden attitude? I thought you'd be thrilled I can get us clothes. If you think about it too, we really only need to wrap our hands, forearms and legs below the knee."

Taehyun hugged him quickly. His expression softened. "If we got caught, we won't be free. I don't want you to increase your jail time for me."

Kai laughed because he thought it was funny. "You should've told me that before we killed that guy together."

The older ignored that. "So anyways, we can use our bedding for extra padding too so you don't need to steal as many clothes."

"Taehyun what's wrong?" Kai could see the attitude plastered on his face. He was over it.

"I was serious. There's a good chance we will be caught."

"Would you like to go alone then? I thought the whole point was to stay together."

"It is." Taehyun thought some more. All he wanted to do was stay with Kai. His last cell mate was awful. They didn't get along simply because of their living habits. The guy was disgusting, talkative and snored loudly. Taehyun told the prison guards he was going to beat him to death if they didn't find him a new cell mate. That's when Kai came in. The first person he ever felt completely comfortable with. Simply put, Taehyun secretly loved him. He thought some more about how they wanted to execute this. "Best time is an hour after we're in the yard. We should do it during winter so the layers don't look suspicious."

"The snow will give our paths away."

"We don't exactly have many more options. My birthday is soon."

"How about next month? It's supposed to get cold and it shouldn't snow."

Taehyun looked at him with curiosity. "Can you get enough layers in time?"

"For you?" Kai touched his hand lightly before going back to drawing on the wall. "Of course."

It's a death sentence to be gay in prison. Kai, the intense introvert, managed to keep it a secret much better by keeping to himself. Taehyun, the social butterfly, slipped up. He was working out in the yard, talking to a couple of people while doing reps, then Kai walked by. The younger wasn't doing anything in particular. He just sat down in the sunlight to draw. Taehyun couldn't keep his eyes off of him. The others saw.

One inmate dragged him over to Kai and threw him on the ground. He spat "this faggot likes you. What do you have to say about that Kai?"

Kai kept drawing. "Honestly? I don't really care."

Outsiders wouldn't be able to see the subtle body movements Kai made to show he cared, like the slight increase in drawing speed or the way his left eyebrow rose for a moment. Taehyun noticed. They spent practically every hour of every single day together. The drawing changed from a chipmunk to a squirrel. The older saw that. He knew his cell mate felt the same way.

The guy holding Taehyun pushed his face onto the ground then kicked him on his thigh. "You'll love what I'm about to do to you faggot."

Kai casually said "can you drag him somewhere else? Red doesn't really go with my drawing here."

The guy laughed as he dragged his victim away by his hair. Taehyun tried fighting back but the grip on his head made it difficult. People started to watch. Security did nothing. He found his pants off and his arms twisted back. He looked up and saw Kai standing over his attacker's shoulders. The younger tapped his back to get his attention. Then Taehyun saw the small orange golf pencil get stabbed straight into the inmate's eyes. Kai took it out then stabbed the other one. Blood was squirting onto both of their faces as the guy screamed. The younger simply said "maybe red would make my picture nicer."

Taehyun used the opportunity to get up and choke the guy to death. Security was too late to save him.

Back in the cell, Kai finished his drawing on the wall. It was a penguin and a squirrel watching a field set on fire. It was beautiful in the sadistic sense. He turned back to his cell mate and asked "you really think we're going to make it out of here?"

"I do." Taehyun knew he didn't have another choice. In a couple of months they were going to be split apart forever. He looked at Kai once more, resisting the urge to hold his hand, and smiled. "Let's get the hell out."