Beomkai- I've always loved you

❤️To Rinnie❤️

It was five minutes to closing time at the Chotto Cafe. Kai was wiping down the last of the tables and putting the chairs up. Then he heard the chime to the cafe door ring. He faced away for a moment to roll his eyes. These people better be quick. In his experience, last minute customers were rude as hell and never tipped.

Yeonjun came out from doing dishes in the back. He mouthed "are you fucking kidding me?" before going back to finish.

Kai shrugged then took a second to compose himself. He turned on his customer service smile and turned around. "Hi! How can I help you guys tonight?" His smile was gone when he saw Beomgyu with a black eye and a busted lip. "Oh my god! Did he do this to you again?!" He grabbed a bag of ice from the back then wrapped it in a clean towel.

Beomgyu took it. The coldness felt good against his eye. His lip stung as beads of blood continued to stain his teeth.

Kai grabbed the first aid kit from the back. He knelt in front of his best friend and started to gently clean his lip off. "Beomgyu what happened this time?"

He winced at the pain. Kai wiped more gently so he could relax again. "Nothing..."

"You didn't trip. Don't even start with that shit."

"He didn't mean it... it's my fault. I made him mad."

The lip was clean. Kai moved onto dabbing the dirt off of his cheek. "There isn't a damn thing you could've done to deserve this." The red head started to speak but Kai saw someone about to come in. It was 2 minutes to closing but he didn't care. He locked the door, switched the sign to 'closed', then shut all of the lights off except the ones by the bar.

Yeonjun came out, sweaty from finishing the dishes. "Till is counted. Dishes are done. Just sweep and mop. I'm going to head out."

"See you tomorrow." Kai watched him leave then went back to Beomgyu. He pulled a chair over then continued to clean his cheek off. "Why do you think it was your fault?"

"Are you mad at me?"

Kai realized his tone was a little harsh. He softened it. "I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at him. Can you please tell me what happened this time?"

Beomgyu adjusted the ice pack on his eye. "He... he wants me to move in with him but I told him I didn't want to. I like living with you..."

Kai bit his tounge. It took a good 45 seconds for him to calm his anger down. "So... he punched you for that?"

The red head weakly nodded. He kept telling himself his boyfriend loved him; that every problem they faced really was his fault. But then he knew that if they moved in together, he would never be able to leave that house. It would be like walking into prison voluntarily. Leaving wasn't an option either. He loved him through every lie he was told. "It won't ever happen again" was true until it did. Beomgyu convinced himself that this time, his boyfriend had to have meant it. Soobin cried after he was done punching him. That had to mean something right?

Kai noticed him lost in his thoughts. It killed him every time to see his best friend like this. This wasn't even the worst condition he found him in. He knew he could treat Beomgyu better than anyone ever could. His best friend insisted he was happy though. Those gorgeous almond eyes said he wasn't.

When Kai was done cleaning his cheek, he gently took the ice pack from Beomgyu's hands. His best friend looked so broken. "Do you want something to drink?"

The red head nodded then laid his head down on the table. Kai returned the ice pack to his hands then left to find a beverage. He made an iced black tea with a splash of strawberry juice. A large straw went into the glass so Beomgyu would actually be able to drink it. "Here. Take your time. I just need to finish cleaning up."