🤭TXT- 24 hours- Part One

8am. Kai woke up to get ready for work. He brushed his teeth, washed his face and put on some clothes. It was a cloudy day outside. He checked the weather. Rain wasn't expected. A light green hoodie it was. Taehyun texted to ask if they were still meeting at the cafe before their shift. Kai responded "yes. I'll be there soon. Heading out shortly."

Beomgyu woke up to the smell of fresh coffee. His new assistant nervously set it down on the side table. The last assistant was murdered due to poor performance. He hoped this one wouldn't fuck up. Looking down at the coffee, he noticed there wasn't any cream. "Is there a reason my drink is the color of midnight?"

The girl's bottom lip twitched as she tried to think of an excuse. She quickly grabbed the drink to get a replacement.

If Beomgyu could, he would fire her. Usually his assistants didn't get second chances but he needed her alive. She was the only one who could guess where Kai was and the poor girl had no idea.

9am. Kai met Taehyun, his boss (now friend) for coffee. They hugged quickly then sat down at the table. "Hey."

"Hey! I know we promised to not talk about work but are you sure you don't want the promotion? You'd be an amazing medical examiner. Your skills are wasted as an assistant."

"You know my past. I need to be in a position that's easy to leave."

Taehyun pulled out a file. "I did a little research. He has your sister. I think she's working for him. What I don't understand is why he wants you so badly. Can't he just replace you with someone else?"

Kai looked over the file. She didn't look injured and that's all that mattered. "He can."

"Take the promotion. You'd be at the lab more which means more protection. The door is coded. Consider it?"

"I'll take it."

Beomgyu finished a quick breakfast then got changed. He grabbed his gun from the safe then the keys to his Bentley. He had another person to kill. Snitches don't get stitches. Snitches die. Soobin tossed him his personal pocket knife before he left. That informant screwed all three of them over. Yeonjun was set to meet Beomgyu with the informant at their new kill zone.

10am. Kai got his first body of the day. He started to prep it. Photos were taken. Samples were collected. Tests were ran. The body was sliced down the middle then butterflied open.

Beomgyu arrived at the basement of their kill zone. Yeonjun already started the interrogation. A teenage boy was bleeding from his mouth in the corner. That was the informant's child. Coldly, Beomgyu asked his brother "what has he told you so far?"

Yeonjun wiped his hunting knife off on his jeans. "Not much. Soobin is bringing the wife in as we speak."

The man's one eye popped open in fear. He started squealing but the duct tape over his mouth made his words inaudible.

The two brothers sat against the wall to wait for the wife. For fun, Beomgyu threw Soobin's knife into the son's eye. He yanked it out and laughed. "Now you look like your dad."

11am. More tests were run as Kai continued to search the body for the bullet fragments. The guy was shot six times, all in different parts of the body. This was going to take a while. He told his assistant to put on some music while they worked. Hearing classic rock and roll made him smile.

Soobin called Beomgyu to help bring the wife in. She was passed out in the trunk. The taller kept complaining about how unwillingly she was. "Give her another hour to wake up. I had to drug the bitch."

She got tied up and thrown into the corner with her son. Soobin asked "any word on the blonde yet?"

Beomgyu scoffed. "No. I just hired his sister. I'm hoping she knows."