TXT- Taehyun's Act- Final Part

Kai, very briefly, looked at the TV to see how his friends were doing. He saw Yeonjun pass out in the water. Time was running out for both of them. He sliced through the wires with the tip of the sword. The clock stopped at 11 seconds. He held his breath to await an explosion that wasn't coming. The cop he was talking to, asked if he was okay. He breathed out a huge sigh of relief. "I'm fine!" He brushed his sweat soaked hair off of his forehead then opened the back door.

The police stormed through like racing horses breaking through their barriers. The first of them shot down every student with a gun. The second group shot through the cage. Water flooded the entire room. Yeonjun and Beomgyu collasped. Their limp bodies traveled with the wave. Officers grabbed them before they went off the edge.

Soobin heard a flurry of gunshots around him. He opened his eyes to see his shooter dead on the ground. A voice screamed his name from across the stage. He turned to see Kai running up to him. "KAI!" He felt Kai leap into his arms. His fears melted as he held his most precious person in the world. "I love you. I love you so much!"

"I love you too!" Kai kissed him.

Taehyun ran off the stage into the crowd. Soobin was supposed to be his last victim. It infuriated him to see his victim kissing someone he did not deserve. If this was going to be his final act, he was going to end it on his own terms. He picked up a gun on the ground then precisely aimed. Once his target was lined up, he pulled the trigger.

Yeonjun woke up first from the CPR he received. He coughed out a lot of water. He then collasped back down on to the wet floor to stare at the ceiling. When his surroundings became clearer, he sat up. "Where's Beomgyu? Where's my boyfriend Beomgyu Choi?"

Beomgyu was still unconscious on the edge of the stage. Two cops were working diligently on reviving him. "Come on kid. You're gonna live today. I'm not giving up on yuh."

"KAI! NO! BABY PLEASE NO!" Soobin cried as he held Kai in his arms. He was shot through the neck. Blood stained Soobin's hands as he cried onto Kai's forehead. "No... NO! KAI PLEASE!"

Taehyun was satisfied. There wasn't a greater way to make Soobin suffer than to take away the person he loved. The gun was tossed to the side as he put his hands up to surrender. They should've shot him but they didn't. Taehyun laughed at their mistake as his hands were being cuffed behind his back.

Beomgyu finally woke up. He vomitted all of the water that was in his lungs. The CPR broke several of his ribs. He was in severe pain but he was alive. His hand weakly reached out for his boyfriend. He faintly whispered "Yeonjun..."

Yeonjun ran over to grab Beomgyu's hand. "BABY! DON'T EVER SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN!"

The couple's happiness was cut short as they heard Soobin scream from his seat. Beomgyu sat up with Yeonjun to see Kai dead in his arms. Beomgyu and Kai were best friends. He screamed "NO! WHY HIM?!" He turned to face Taehyun who was being escorted away. "YOU PROMISED! YOU-" Beomgyu started coughing. The exasperation only added to his pain but it was nothing compared to waking up to find his best friend dead. "WHY HIM?! YOU'RE GOING TO HELL AND I'M GOING TO SEND YOU THERE MYSELF!"

Taehyun only chuckled as he was escorted out of the theater. One of the cops harshly shoved him into the backseat of a squad car. Parents, who were waiting outside, tried to come at him as he was being driven away.

Soobin saw Yeonjun and Beomgyu being wheeled into ambulances. His friends were alive. That was good enough for now. His focus went back onto the bloody angel in his arms. Kai's face was untouched. He looked like he was sleeping. His neck was still pouring blood. Soobin cried harder when Kai's warmth began to fade. His skin became colder by the minute. Those rosey cheeks were gone. His lips lacked the tulip pink that Soobin was lucky enough to have kissed. Angel Kai was no longer a joke. It was now a reality as Soobin clutched him tighter to his chest. "I'm so sorry! I should've told you sooner. I love you Kai... I really miss you. Please come back to me..."

Beomgyu and Yeonjun spent a few hours in the hospital before they were cleared to go. On the ride back home, they just held each other in the back seat. Their parents let them know that they'll have to give statements in a few hours. The police were too busy with other students and staff to do it now.

Yeonjun sat down on Beomgyu's bed. His arms were opened wide, waiting for his boyfriend to fall into them. He held him tightly after kissing his cheek. They were silent for a few more moments.

Instinctively, Beomgyu grabbed his phone to text Kai he was home. He wanted to ask if he made it home safely too. The realization Kai was really gone began to hit. He harshly threw his phone across the room and just cried. Yeonjun cried with him.

Soobin saw messages blowing up on his phone while he sat in the dark. He didn't feel like talking to anyone. Talking to the police was bad enough. Telling Kai's parents that their son was dead was the second hardest thing he's ever had to do. The first was living with the fact his angel was gone.

When Yeonjun woke up from their nap, he noticed Beomgyu was awake. His boyfriend was scrolling through pictures of him and Kai together. Yeonjun asked "do you know what Soobin did? I can't figure it out. It must've been bad..."

"Yeah. I know what he did." Beomgyu slammed his phone down on the bed. He turned to face his boyfriend with anger in his eyes. "It was a fucking accident. Soobin wanted to take me and Kai to an ice cream shop after he got his license. I was showing him something on my phone but he was still driving. He ended up hitting Taehyun but he was only going like 10 miles an hour! Taehyun ended up needing a cast on his foot and a few stitches. Soobin promised to make it right. Taehyun said he would pay and then I lost my best friend."

Taehyun was sitting in his cell after being interrogated. He was still cuffed, awaiting to transfer to prison. The smile never left his lips. It continued as he was escorted into the back of the van. He was the only inmate in the car.

Soobin's parents came in to try and comfort him. The Huenings came over too. They all cried together while telling stories of the legend that was Kai Kamal Huening. Soobin told everyone how much he regretted not telling him sooner. He was robbed of time.

The TV blared a warning tone throughout the state. Everyone turned to watch the news segment as the automated voice said it was a state emergency. A news lady came onto their screen and warned "Taehyun Kang, also known as "Blood Mage", has escaped from police custody! I repeat. Taehyun Kang has escaped from custody! He was last seen by highway 62 on the edge of Columbus. A statewide curfew is in effect until capture! He is considered extremely dangerous! Do not approach! Call 9-1-1 with any information! Once again. Taehyun Kang has escaped from police custody. Please contact the local police if you have any information on his whereabouts. Thank you."

Beomgyu stared hard at the flatscreen. Blind rage was the only thing on his mind as he felt Yeonjun wrap his arms around him. Beomgyu confidently said "I'm going to find him and I'm going to fucking kill him."

Yeonjun backed up. "Wait. Let's think this through! We can't just-"

"HE KILLED KAI AND HE'S GETTING AWAY WITH IT!" Beomgyu went into his closet to grab his shotgun from the safe. He grabbed a case of buckshot and two magazines. Once his gun carrier was filled, he slung it over his shoulder then walked towards the door. He turned around to take a quick look at his boyfriend. "I'm going. Are you coming with me or not?"

Yeonjun shakily grabbed his keys. No one could change Beomgyu's mind once it was made up. He wasn't going to let his boyfriend do this by himself. They got into the car then took off towards Taehyun's last known location.

Nine hours later, Taehyun was found by the couple.

When the sunrise came, Yeonjun started to drive home with blood splattered on his face. Beomgyu and Taehyun were dead. He finally allowed himself to cry every tear he had been holding in during his fight with Taehyun.

Kai was avenged.

Beomgyu was the price.

Taehyun's act was now complete.