Sookai- Secret Admirer

A small heart shaped box of chocolates was sitting on Kai's desk.

Soobin nervously waited for Kai to get out of his conference to see it. He was the first to admit that he was a coward. This was the 3rd gift he sent him this week. Truthfully, he had no idea why he couldn't get himself to sign the damn cards. Seeing Kai's smile from every gift made it worth it. He was just worried that smile would go away if he found out it was him.

Kai's meeting was draining. He didn't need to be there but his mentor insisted because she wanted him to move up in the company. Obviously he wanted a promotion but the five hour meetings killed his soul. Exhausted, he pushed open the frosted glass door. His mood immediately lifted when he saw the box on his desk. He looked around the office to try and spot who it was.

Soobin typed away on his desktop. He watched his crush in the corner of his eye. Kai looked so beautiful as he bit into a piece of chocolate. He watched him read the note next. Soobin began to overthink every word he wrote down. Was it too much? Was it not enough? Would Kai finally know it was him? Would he care?

Kai giggled as he read the note. "The chocolates are as sweet as you. I hope this made your day. You always make mine." He flipped it over to find it without a signature again. As another chocolate graced his lips, he looked around one last time. He had no idea who kept making his day. No matter who this person was, he wished he could at least repay them. A nice dinner or a gift in return was what they deserved. He looked towards Soobin's cubicle then ran over to him with the box. "Look what I got this time! Do you want one?"

"Sure." He bit into the truffle. Kai handed him the note. He reread everything he wrote then looked up at his crush. His mind begged him to get it over with. He was about to but Kai looked so happy. He couldn't ruin it.

"I can't believe I don't know who it is. I want to treat them! Do you know?!"

"I..." Soobin melted in Kai's adorable anticipation. He felt his face become warm. "I don't."

"Awe." Kai's smile temporarily fell. "Well if you do find out, tell them to talk to me!"

When Kai left, Beomgyu dragged Soobin to the breakroom. "Tell him you idiot!"

"I was going to!"

"You said that last time!"

Beomgyu wanted to hit him but he also didn't want to get fired. He crossed his arms then tapped his foot.

Soobin crossed his arms back. "What?"

"Did you not listen to him?! He said he wanted to treat you! You'll get a date either way! You literally have nothing to lose."

"That's true... fine. I'll tell him today."

"Good."

The two went back to work. A girl overheard the whole thing when she was having lunch in the breakroom.

Kai looked up from his computer when someone approached his cubicle. "Hi Wonyoung. Did I forget to share a file with you again?"

"No. I just wanted to tell you that I'm the one who has been sending you the gifts. I really like you Kai."

Soobin was furious when he heard that. He listened intently as he pretended to write a report.

Kai hugged her. He was so happy to finally know who it was. "Do you want to get dinner after work?! Please let me treat you!"

"Yes! I would love to!"

Beomgyu wanted to stand up and call her out for lying. He was going to until he saw Soobin glaring at him. They communicated with their eyes. He wanted to tell but his best friend shook his head no.