🥳Sookaigyu- Trust No One

"WAKE UP!" Kai kept pounding on the white wooden door. He was not going to stop until his best friend answered. "GET UP SOOBIN! LET ME IN!"

The sun was barely rising in the sky. It was too early for this shit. Soobin answered the door in fury at the blonde. "WHAT? THIS BETTER BE GOOD!"

Kai barged in. "Where's my wallet? I left it here last night!"

"This couldn't wait until later?!"

Kai frantically dug through Soobin's storage areas. Drawers got popped open. Cabinets get ripped apart. "I'm getting out of this place! I am NOT staying here for any fucking longer!"

"Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!" Soobin grabbed the blonde but got shaken off. "What do you mean you're leaving?! What happened?!"

"My world flipped upside down. That's what happened! I barely trust you now!"

Soobin placed both of his hands on his best friend's shoulders and didn't let go until he calmed down. "You barely trust me? Why are you leaving? You need to walk me through this."

Kai left his gaze to continue his search for his wallet. He randomly stopped to look at his body then went back to searching. "Is it in your bedroom? I can't find it!"

"I'll help you look if you tell me what happened!"

"I can't explain what happened because then I will sound crazy!"

"You already do!"

Kai accidentally cut himself trying to force open a locked box. The open wound on his hand actually gave him a little satisfaction. He hoped a large scar would form there but knew it wasn't shallow enough to make one. He washed his hands, bandaged himself up, then continued his search. Something glistened in the reflection of the toaster. He found his wallet on the floor behind a chair.

Soobin saw his best friend about to leave. "Wait! You still haven't told me what's going on!"

"Go on one date with Taehyun you said. What's the worst that could happen? You said. Now I'm marked for death!"

"What?! Let me go with you at least! We can go to the police!"

"NO. NOT THE POLICE! IT'S NOT SAFE THERE!"

Soobin walked out with Kai just as frantic and confused as before. "What?! Just what?! Well where are you going then?!"

"Don't know! Don't care!"

"What about your family?! What about me?! How can you just leave me?!"

Kai walked quickly towards his car. "I'm leaving you guys to keep you safe!"

"Then who is keeping you safe?! It's not like you've ever been in a fight before!" Soobin didn't really have much going for him in this town. He got into the passenger seat despite the blonde's protests. "I'm going with you!"

"But-"

"No! We've been best friends since we were 13! Where you go, I go!"

Kai thought he was crazy. He didn't even know if he could trust him but it was better than going alone. "You have five minutes to pack a bag before I leave without you."

Soobin frantically packed. He hoped this was some big misunderstanding and they would be back by nightfall. He got into the car then quickly buckled. The car sped off. "Explain why we're abandoning our lives!"

"No! I don't even know if you're the right one!"

The car made a sharp turn onto the highway. People were honking at them for weaving in and out of the lanes. "KAI! SLOW DOWN! WE'RE GOING TO GET PULLED OVER IF WE DON'T DIE FIRST!" The car eventually slowed down from going 90 miles an hour to 75. Soobin gripped the handle above the door for dear life. "The right one?! What do you mean the right one?!"