🤑Yeonkai- Black Swan

Thick clouds were rolling in. It wasn't going to rain today. Tomorrow was supposed to be the huge rainstorm. Their college was by a river. The closest dorms have been evacuated due to potential flooding. Yeonjun and Kai stayed. A little rain wasn't going to scare them.

Kai looked out the window to see the atmosphere become progressively darker. He could hear Yeonjun mixing chemicals behind him in a bowl. He was about to get his hair bleached. The ammonia was so strong it burned his nostrils. He failed to understand how his roommate dyed his hair so often. The smell alone was enough to put him off.

Yeonjun warned "this might burn a little but I'll be quick. I do this all the time."

The cold paste went onto the ends of his hair. That didn't hurt. It just felt weird. He held a couple large clips in the air for Yeonjun to take. Having his hair seperated into different sections was also weird. Before, all he did was brush it and call it a day. Since he became roommates with Yeonjun, he's had it styled and cut in every combination you can think of. There was only one rule. No dyeing it. Now he had to for his own safety.

Yeonjun joked "you know afterwards, you should let me put some makeup on you."

Kai shrugged. "Sure. Whatever." He assumed Yeonjun wasn't serious.

"You know, I'm almost glad he saw you. I've been wanting to dye your hair for so long! It's so healthy!"

"I was trying to keep it that way."

"It's your first time dyeing it. It'll be fine you big baby."

Kai felt the paste touch his scalp. It did burn but it wasn't painful. Just wasn't pleasant. It's kind of hard to hurt someone who willingly cuts himself. He glanced over to attempt to look in a mirror but got scolded for moving his head. The window was his only form of entertainment. His phone laid charging on the couch, waiting to be played with.

Since the dorms were evacuated, there wasn't much going on outside. The river looked almost black from the clouds covering the last little bits of the sun. He saw Beomgyu and Soobin walking along the street on the other side. They had two bags of food. Good. Kai was hungry.

A bird flew past. It circled around and landed on the tree in his view. Kai looked at it closely. It was a raven. He smirked for a second while watching the bird. The raven flew off shortly after visiting it's nest. He guessed the animals were leaving too.

Yeonjun put the last touches of paste on Kai's scalp then instructed him to leave it on for 20 minutes. Someone knocked on the door. He called "Soobin? Beomgyu? Is that you?"

Soobin replied "yeah it's us. We have food."

Kai heard the door open. He turned around to see food being laid on the table.

Beomgyu looked up to see the amount of product in Kai's hair. "Whoa. Blonde or will it be dyed after?"

Yeonjun bit into an eggroll then responded "blonde. I did a couple A.I renderings of him in dyed hair. He looks so hot in blonde."

"I thought the point wasn't to be recognized. Not fuckable."

Kai and Soobin smiled at the joke. Yeonjun and Beomgyu started arguing over Kai's hair color. Beomgyu insisted it should be red but that was ignored.

20 minutes passed. It was time to shower. Kai showered quickly because Yeonjun didn't have the patience to wait. He came out of the bathroom after drying his hair. The other three had their jaws dropped. "So... bad? Good? What is it?"

Yeonjun ran up to him. He ran his hands through his handiwork beaming "I knew it! I told you he would look good!"

Beomgyu sarcastically asked "are you saying he looked ugly before?"

They started arguing again. Kai ignored them to check his phone. He got a job offer for him and Yeonjun specifically. "Hey. Yeonjun. Are we accepting this?"

The older ran over to look at the text. "Yes! I completely forgot about that! We're going tomorrow morning during the storm. It's the only reason we're staying here."

Soobin asked "you're coming to the house after right?"

The two promised they would. Kai read the name again. "Why her?"

Yeonjun reread the description. "Oh! Nasty breakup? I didn't pay that much attention. She cheated on her boyfriend so he wants to pay us to dispose of her. Easy enough."

"$50,000 though? This seems more like a trap. Those jobs are usually less than half of that."

"It's easy money!"

"It's easy because it's a trap Yeonjun!"

Soobin and Beomgyu packed up the food. It wasn't their job so it wasn't their lives on the line. Their group worked very independently. All were best friends but none willing to risk their lives for one another. All four of them grew up dirt poor. Money was stronger than friendship. That's why Kai refused to do this job. He couldn't shake the feeling it was a trap. "You're on your own Yeonjun!"

"Fine! Means I don't have to split it with you then!"

Kai left with the other two. He hugged Yeonjun before he left. "Be smart okay?"

He promised he would. Now Yeonjun was alone in the dorm. He rolled his sleeve up to see the 12 branches sliced into his arm. The 13th would cut into his inner wrist. He envied how many Beomgyu had. He also envied Kai for having the most money. The younger only took the highest paying jobs so he had the least amount of branches. That's why it made him so mad when Kai didn't take this one with him. Out of the three others, he was closest to the blonde. He was going to get this money and prove him wrong.

In the morning, Yeonjun put on an all black outfit and set out into the storm. The rain was no joke. It felt like bullets slapping down on his skin. He realized why it hurt when he held his palm out. Hail, the size of a dime, collected in his hand. He made the mistake of looking up. A nickle sized one sliced his nose. Regardless, he walked to the location.

The girl was sitting perfectly still on a bench. He watched from behind a tree. Everything was too quiet, even with the harshness of the hail storm. She looked exactly like bait. Yeonjun looked around. This felt more like a trap with each passing minute. Why wasn't that girl moving? She didn't have an umbrella. Nothing to keep her dry.

Yeonjun snuck around to the side of the street, facing the girl. He zoomed in on her with his camera. He realized why she wasn't moving. There was a bullet hole between her eyes.

Kai jumped down from the tree Yeonjun was standing under. "I told you it was a fucking trap. I did you a favor." The blonde tossed him four wet police badges. One of them was for the girl. His wrist was heavily bleeding from the four new cuts on his arm. The blood got washed down with the rain. "Come on. We need to get out of here. I don't know about you, but I'm moving again."

Yeonjun saw the flash of a camera in the corner of his eye. He shot in that direction. They both heard the thud of someone collapse onto the ground. Thunder roared on while lightning illuminated the sky. They walked over to see the one officer Kai missed. Yeonjun shot him point blank. "We didn't get any money did we?"

Kai handed him a knife. "No." He watched the 13th branch be sliced into his roommate's wrist. The tree looming over the black swan grew larger. "Where are we going now?"

Yeonjun looked up. "We?"

"You're not a bad roommate. Why not?"

Yeonjun grinned. Blonde really did look good on Kai. "Can I dye your hair again?"

"If you promise to hold off on yours."

"Why is that?"

"You look so sexy in black."

Yeonjun softly laughed to himself. They began to walk to their safety house. Neither would hesitate to sell the other out if it meant saving their own ass. They would just sell Beomgyu and Soobin first.