😭Tyunning- Working on a Cure

Kai kept his hood up as he wandered through the forest. He ditched Soobin for this. That guy couldn't be trusted. Very little people could be with his particular condition. Soobin spent the last two weeks trying to prove himself but Kai wouldn't believe him. Beomgyu and Yeonjun trusted him. It was easy for them to because it wasn't their lives on the line. It was Kais'.

He only had three friends. Taehyun was one of them but he was the one he saw the least. Now it was his job to find him. He had to know about Soobin and he had to know what Taehyun has been up to for the past four months.

A rumor told him his friend was selling things in Noir Alley. That was on the complete opposite of town. Town already was 15 miles away from where he lived. Good thing he was fast on foot. Pine needles whipped across his face without damage. Branches cracked underneath the soles of his feet. Kai didn't bother to wear shoes. They would've been worn down by the time he got back home. His skin was more than tough enough to take the impact. You might call him bulletproof.

Taehyun wasn't trying to stay away. He was simply an alchemist looking for ingredients to cure his friend. It took him three years just to find the stupid book that he needed. If he could cure Kai then there wouldn't be a reason to hunt him anymore.

He had every ingredient he needed except one. Finding the heart of a dragon seemed impossible. The dragons were rumored to be dead. Humanity killed them for money and glory. Shocker. Humans always were the worst and he stood by that as a human. But he knew there was at least one alive. If there was one, there had to be one more. Now he was stuck selling some extra inventory in hopes to gain information.

A middle-aged woman came up to his table. She introduced herself but Taehyun wasn't paying attention. He only say the flower in her hand. The Lunar Daisy. Only bloomed during a full moon and was only found in the elven caves. She offered him the small brown pot. He asked "you're not looking for money are you?"

"I am not. I am looking for information."

Taehyun looked at her suspiciously. She wasn't an elf. The large starlight eyes and the pointed ears were missing. He began to wonder how she got the flower. Those caves were supposed to be magically protected. "Information on what?"

"You've traveled the world. Where can I find Kai Kamal Huening?"

He bluntly asked "who?"

"If you tell me where he is, I will tell you where you can find a dragon heart. That's what you're looking for right?"

Taehyun studied her body language. She wasn't threatening. Her tone was oddly sweet. "How did you know I'm looking for a dragon heart?"

"I know because you know Kamal. Where can I find him?"

"Why do you offer me a flower?"

The woman giggled. Her eyes turned momentarily red then went back to black. "It's not for you. It's for him. I was hoping to bring it to him."

Taehyun wasn't a sell out. He wasn't going to trade his friend's safety. There hasn't been a single ingredient he has failed to find. This heart wasn't going to be an exception. "Not interested."

Kai ran up to see Taehyun talking to a woman. He kept his hood up to conceal his face. The wanted posters of him were on every other wall. He kept staring at the woman. His head tilted with his curiosity. He knew her but couldn't figure out how. A man was staring at him for a little too long so he kept walking. There was a building to the right with a metal staircase leading to the roof. That seemed like a good observation point as he started to climb.

The woman set the pot down on the table. "If I help you get the dragon heart, will you bring me to him? You won't be able to get it without me. I doubt you can slay a dragon."