👅Tyunning- Thing of Beauty

"Amazing." Taehyun walked in a circle around Kamal.

Beomgyu was on the floor with duct tape around his mouth, arms and legs. Soobin was keeping a watch on him to make sure he couldn't escape.

Taehyun opened Kamal's eyelids to see what those eyes were made of. "Cameras. Where the hell did you get these? They're so... realistic." He cut the t-shirt off next. His fingertips traced his back to try to find the panel.

Kamal wasn't off like Taehyun assumed he was. He was very conscious of everything around him. All of the Kang's office security cameras were being focused on them right now. His only goal was to protect Beomgyu from Soobin. He felt his panel open so he quickly shut his system down. Everything but his circuits were off.

"Fascinating." Taehyun shaved off the smallest piece of metal from a faux rib so he could see what it was made of. He walked out of the lab then handed it off to an assistant. "Grab me the second the results are in." He then turned to Beomgyu. "What's his name? Kamal right? Perfection?" He glanced at Kamal's face again. "You're wrong. He's almost perfect. Your mistake was making him too human. I can fix that. He can be the perfect servant."

Kamal heard Beomgyu's muffled objections. The sound of a power drill frightened him. He watched that drill about to enter his spine. The office door opening is what temporarily saved him.

Taehyun turned the drill off. "What is it?"

"The results sir."

"Thank you. You're dismissed." Taehyun turned towards Beomgyu. "Soobin, take the tape off of his mouth." When the tape was off, Taehyun grinned. "See what happens when you don't make them something they're not? Obedience and order."

Beomgyu sneered "he's more human than you are."

Taehyun glanced at the report in his hands. "Where the hell did you get this metal? Only five labs in the world have this and I know you didn't steal it from mine."

Beomgyu commanded, "Kamal. You're awake aren't you?" His robot opened his eyes. His pannel flipped back into place. His skin reformed as he turned to face his creator. Beomgyu laughed as he taunted "ask him."

Taehyun faced Kamal. "How? I turned you off!"

"You can't. He can."

Taehyun saw those eyes glance over at Soobin. He looked back at Kamal in amusement. "Did you fall for MY creation?"

"Not in the way that you think. I felt bad for him. He just wanted to be like me."

Soobin looked sad. It was true. He was tired of being talked down to and ordered around. Freedom was what he craved.

When Taehyun turned his back, Kamal displayed a quick message on his chest. It read "do you still want me to kill him?"

Beomgyu started laughing again. He looked at his boss then laughed some more. "Make me a partner in your company. An equal. You will NOT be my boss. I will have the same access to materials that you do. That's my offer."

"And if I decline?"

"You die."

Kamal harshly extended his arm then started gripping the back of Taehyun's neck. His strength was unmatched. He started lifting Taehyun above the ground. All he needed was permission.

Soobin watched in horror as Beomgyu kept laughing.

Taehyun begun to turn purple. He tried prying Kamal's fingers off but it was no use. Just before he passed out, Kamal dropped him to the floor.

Beomgyu was satisfied. "So? Do we have a deal?"

Taehyun violently coughed as air refilled his lungs. He stumbled trying to stand up. Kamal grabbed his arm to pull him to his feet. Taehyun was so lost. Kamal's face didn't portray anger. It portrayed sympathy. "That's impossible. You can feel empathy?"

Kamal smiled adorably as he nodded.

Taehyun peered back at Beomgyu. "Let me work on him and you have a deal."

"So you can steal another one of my designs and claim it as your own? I don't think so."

"If you fix Soobin to be more like Kamal, you have my word the rights are yours. Trade with me and you have a deal."

"What do you want with him?"

Kamal was equally confused.

"To see your genius of course." Taehyun brushed Kamal's bangs away from his face so he could properly see his eyes. "What are you made of? You're not perfect yet but you can be with me."

Beomgyu looked Soobin up and down. He peered behind his ear to see one of the openings to his system. "Kamal is still mine."

Taehyun hid his smile as he turned around. "So we have a deal?"

"Send me the contract by the morning. In the meantime, Kamal, take these fucking things off of my limbs."

Taehyun held up his hand so Soobin wouldn't interfere. He watched every single thing Kamal was doing. The way his joints moved, the perceived emotion in his facial features and the way Beomgyu looked at him. He realized Kamal was built with absolute loyalty. That's why he was almost killed. He whispered "he didn't want to kill me... he was forced to..."

Neither of them heard as they walked out of the lab. Soobin was sad to see Kamal leave. He went to his box to shut down for the night.

Kamal spent the entire night talking to Yeonjun. He was always so much fun to hang out with. Yeonjun was so... normal. He had no idea when he would be allowed to leave the Kang lab after the contract was signed, so he made sure to cherish every moment. He lied and told Yeonjun he was going to visit his family is Australia. Yeonjun didn't think much of it. He just told him to bring back souvenirs.

In the morning, Beomgyu diligently reviewed the contract Taehyun drafted. He read it four times after negotations were done to make sure there wasn't any loopholes he missed. The terms were that Kamal, and all of the rights pertaining to him, were legally Beomgyus'. Taehyun had authorization to inspect him. All changes were to be sent to Beomgyu, pending approval. The same terms applied to Soobin but with Taehyun having ownership. The most important terms of the contract was if any unauthorized work was done, the other immediately won the rights to both robots, had the right to sue for damages and had authorization to activate Soobin's kill switches. Much to Kamal's protest, Beomgyu signed it.

Taehyun wrapped his arm around Kamal's waist then walked him to his new living quarters. "I can't wait to see what you're made of. Since you're partially mine now, I'll give you a new name!"

"But I like my name..."

"Fine. I'll make it your middle name. What if I just called you Kai? Keep it in the 'K' family."

"Kai Kamal?"

"Sure. Why not? But I'll be calling you Kai."

"Okay..." The robot walked in to see a large room with all glass walls. A chandelier hung in the center of the bedroom. The view of the city was impressive as the sun rose over the skyscrapers. Everything looked expensive. Kamal scanned the doors and walls then realized it was a prison. It was all reinforced to be shatterproof. The door closed on him before he could turn around.

Taehyun waved through the glass. His voice came on over the speakers in the TV across the bed. "Your absolute loyalty will be with me soon. This is your new home now. Oh, and this room is signal proof. You can't contact Beomgyu while you're in here. You can contact me though. Believe me, it's better this way! He didn't use you to your full potential. I will."

Kamal sat on the bed in sadness. He laid down then closed his eyes. He started scanning everything in the room. Thousands of scenarios were running through his head. He just needed one to set him free.