😘Sookai- Soulless

Soobin Choi was born a soul eater. Born is a bit of a stretch. He was cursed when he was 22 for murdering a witch. The witch's sister didn't want to give him the freedom of death. She wanted him to sufer by sucking out his soul. An extra spell was placed on him but it costed her her life. If you asked, she would say it was worth it.

The extra curse was every time he fell in love, that soul would become the most enchanting in the world to him. Souls were how he carried on living. The brighter the soul, the more he wanted to devour it. He didn't get the freedom of dying. At least not by conventional methods.

If he didn't eat, he would just grow weak. Once, 100 years ago, he went on a hunger strike. He was tired of murdering good people so he figured he had to die eventually of starvation. He was wrong. Soobin didn't steal a single soul for a whole year and still didn't die. He was just incredibly weak. His body, if you can even call it that, grew tired of his hunger strike. A woman noticed him slumped over in an alley. Her good nature is what killed her. The second she got close, Soobin pressed his lips against hers and sucked the life out of her. His body felt instantly better but his mind hated seeing the rag of a woman below him.

He tried to have people murder him but nothing seemed to work. Fire touched his skin but only burned around him. The pressure of the bottom of the ocean flattened him like a pancake but that's about it. Bullets bounced off of his skin. Poison went straight through him. Even the depths of outerspace didn't do it. Crystals formed on his body but disappeared as soon as he returned to earth.

Witches were far and few between. He had only met 5 in his life and none of them knew the correct spells to finally kill him. One even tried implanting a soul into him, to give herself something to kill, but he only absorbed it like every other one he eats.

It seemed hopeless. He fell in love a few times but the curse made him kill all of them. He refused to fall in love since. That is until he saw Kai. He was pretty yes, but that wasn't what attracted him to the stranger walking down the street.

Usually he had a sort of radar for people's souls. The more pure of a person, the more attracted he was to take it. Kai was the first and only person he had ever met who he couldn't detect anything. It was like he wasn't from here. A soulless human if he was even human.

Using his charm, he introduced himself to the stranger. It did not take long for them to get to know each other. Soobin fell in love quickly. Kai's quirky personality was just as beautiful as his face. He was the most pure person he had ever met, yet Soobin still couldn't detect anything.

Besides the broken radar, Soobin was annoyed about something else. Kai had a boyfriend. Beomgyu Choi and him grew up together. They had loved each other since they could remember.

One day, Kai introduced the two of them to each other. Soobin smelled Beomgyu's soul. It was enchanting as hell. Almost begged for him to devour it but he couldn't. He didn't want to lose Kai by killing his boyfriend.

Kai watched them talk. He noticed the way Soobin was looking at Beomgyu. It was weird, almost pained. From an outside perspective, he looked constipated. He had suspicions Soobin wasn't human but didn't say anything. He just watched the interaction continue.

Beomgyu was annoyingly nice to be around. Soobin saw why Kai fell for him so hard. He did his best to interact but he couldn't take it anymore. He had to feed on someone else before he went completely insane.

Kai watched him run away after he made some excuse. It only made him question Soobin more. He dismissed that thought to focus his attention on his boyfriend. They went to a movie together and continued on with their lives.

Soobin made the mistake of running past an elementary school. There were so many pure souls playing on the school yard. Some kids weren't meant to live forever. He waited until their class got out then snatched one walking home. It was a little boy. Soobin could tell he had good parents by how drawn in he was. He killed the child behind a dumpster. The body looked completely drained by the time he was done. The blood in the kid's veins turned black as his body went pale white. Wasn't the first time he killed a kid. He doubted it was the last too.