🥳Beomkaining- New Deviant

"Turn around. I need to clean the whip marks off of your back."

Beomgyu carefully turned around in the tub. This was the 4th time Kai was cleaning blood off of him. He couldn't even look at his back in the mirror now. It was scarred to hell. Fresh wounds piled on top of old ones. Three new ones were added, all concentrated around his shoulder blades. He winced when he felt a sponge gently dab his left side.

Kai noticed it. "I'm sorry... I'll be more gentle."

"It's okay."

"So... where's Yeonjun and Taehyun now?"

"Looking for me. I got lucky this time. They found each other and started fighting. I ran away. Why do you keep leaving me?" He winced again when he felt pressure applied to the inside of the cut.

"Sorry. There's just some dirt in there. I'll just run water over it." Kai went to the sink to rinse out the bloody sponge. He used soap to get the rest out. The water still had a tint of red but it was good enough. He counted down from three to let Beomgyu know there was going to be water poured into his wound. He gently squeezed the sponge then watched some dirt get flushed out. Beomgyu's entire back contracted together. Kai felt so bad. "I don't try to leave you. Honest. It's just hard to believe that my boyfriend is hurting you to hurt him."

Beomgyu harshly turned around. "Why are you with him Kai?! You know what he is now!"

"You know why!"

Beomgyu snapped. "No I don't! I'm so much better for you! You know it! How can you love someone who continues to abuse me?!"

"He is me! If I let go of him, I let go of myself! He said he's protecting us! Don't act like you're so perfect! Yeonjun is the worst side of you! You're stuck with him! Once Taehyun kills Yeonjun, this whole damn thing will be over."

Beomgyu turned around in defeat. He felt the sponge against his back. It was so gentle he could barely tell it was there. "If he kills Yeonjun, he kills me... how are you so okay with that?"

"I'm not... but you're trying to kill me."

That was true. Beomgyu knew it too. Him and Kai were trapped. Yeonjun was out hunting Taehyun right now. It was only a matter of time before they fought again. Based on the scar that was forming on the side of Kai's neck, they already did. He lifted his arm from the tub. On the side of it, laid a scar from a bullet wound. He already lost an eye. Yeonjun better get his shit together.

Kai was finished cleaning his wounds. He looked in the mirror to see the scar on the side of his neck. He touched it to confirm he was still alive. Taehyun had to win in the end if either wanted a chance of living. It sucked to root for him because he really did love Beomgyu. They were in love with the people trying to murder them. He placed the sponge into the trash then grabbed a large fluffy towel. "You're clean now."

Beomgyu unplugged the drain. He stood in the tub for a moment to watch the red and brown water swirl downwards. He then took Kai's hand and begun to dry himself off. The fluffy towel didnt hurt his skin. Kai had the best fabric softener. "Thanks again. Did he tell you anything else when you guys talked last?"

Kai grabbed a smaller towel to dab his hair. "Nothing new." New cooridnates were on his wrist. They weren't far from his place. "Spoke too soon. Something changed. I just don't know what."

Beomgyu looked down to see what he was talking about. "I love you... do you think someone is working on fixing the rift?"

"Soobin had a couple bruises that he couldn't properly explain. I'm guessing his deviant is." He started combing Beomgyu's fluffy brown strands between drying his cheeks off. "I love you too. I'm sorry we're stuck in this."

"Are you leaving now?"

"I don't exactly have a choice." Kai set the comb down on the sink. He left shortly after.

Beomgyu stood in the bathroom, alone with the towel wrapped around his shoulders. He felt so exposed. Taehyun ruined his life. He decided to stop feeling sorry for himself. His clothes got thrown on quickly. He had to find Soobin's deviant. That person was the key to keeping both of them alive.

Kai met Taehyun at a rooftop bar. He saw the side of his neck stitched up. "How are you alive?"

Taehyun hugged him. He burried his head into the crook of Kai's neck. His voice sounded broken. "I shot him before the knife did anymore damage..."

"Hey. You're okay now. Wait, where is he?"

Taehyun pulled away. He kissed Kai then walked him to a table in the corner. "I don't know. Getting the bullet out of his arm I imagine."

"Who is Soobin's deviant?"

"Soobin Choi right? You think he has a deviant?"

Kai wanted to believe he was playing dumb but he knew his boyfriend was being serious. "He has a large bruise on his thigh that he can't explain."

"No, you don't understand. He was here before us. He was the first one from our reality to break through. I was his assistant before I figured out how to open the rift. He IS the deviant. Actively worked with his original before he went psycho and left."

And now his best friend was a fake. He couldn't think. He couldn't feel. His lungs felt deflated. He gripped his chest in an effort to get any air into his lungs. Kai weakly said "is... is he the good or the bad...?"

"The good I guess." Taehyun caught him before he fell to the ground. He gently sat him down then kneeled across from him. "You're suggesting he is here?"

Kai was still struggling to breathe. "Yes... he has to be... I..." He passed out. Taehyun carried him to his car then placed him in his bed. He now had to find this fucking deviant, also known as his old boss. That guy probably wanted to send him back. Yeonjun could go back. Not him. He was too happy here with Kai.

Beomgyu took a small knife and carved a set of numbers into his wrist. He went to the coordinates to wait. The wrong person showed up. It was supposed to be Yeonjun, not Taehyun. He exposed his knife out of fear. "What are you doing here?"

"No. What are YOU doing here?" Taehyun manically laughed. "Do you seriously think that little knife is going to do anything to ME?"

Desperate, Beomgyu threw the knife directly at the guy who keeps hurting him. He watched Taehyun catch it in his palm by the handle. He just screwed himself. No one was around, he started to run.

Taehyun chased after him. "YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT! I'LL KILL YOU! YOU'RE ONLY ALIVE BECAUSE OF KAI! THAT ENDS NOW!" Beomgyu was fast but he was faster. Before he had the chance to grab him, he found himself launched backwards by an electrifying force. He had a small seizure. It subsided after a few seconds. He sat up to see the deviant standing in front of Beomgyu. Taehyun threatened "YOU'RE NOT SENDING ME BACK THERE!"

"Hello to you too Taehyun. Tell me. This is Yeonjun's yes?" He pointed at Beomgyu.

"Yeah. That's him."

"Why isn't he dead?"

"Kai loves him. I've been using him as bait to lure Yeonjun away. I was planning on killing him in our reality so Beomgyu could live."

Namjoon looked at the guy behind him. He saw all the injuries on his face. Undoubtedly, there was many more under his clothes. Taehyun and Yeonjun had to come back with him. He didn't care what happened to Soobin. His deviant wasn't doing much in this world. Not like he was much help in their reality either.

Yeonjun was the police force hunting them. Taehyun was his medical assistant. Their experiments weren't exactly legal. Their punishment was death. He planned on killing them both for fucking it all up. Beomgyu was the key to getting them both back. He grabbed him by the collar then looked towards his old assistant. "He's our bait now. You coming or not?"