Sookai- Red Flags

Soobin watched Kai talk to his friend from a distance. This pink haired freak was making his boyfriend laugh. That annoyed the hell out of him. If the pink hair freak was ugly, he wouldn't have cared. Unfortunately, this guy was attractive. He decided to make his presence known by strutting up to them. He wrapped his arm around Kai's shoulders then introduced himself. "Hi. I'm Soobin. Kai's boyfriend. And you are?"

"Yeonjun. It's nice to meet you."

Kai noted the tension between to two. Taehyun, his best friend, never liked Soobin. He warned Kai of how jealous his boyfriend acted but red flags look normal under rose tinted glasses. The tint was starting to fade each time the possessiveness seeped through. He's tried to breakup with Soobin before but never could follow through with it. Soobin was actually the perfect boyfriend in private. Public is where the issues flared up. Kai dismissed himself to get out of the awkwardness. "Well it was nice to see you again Yeonjun. I'll see you later." He started to walk to his first class.

Soobin never left his side. "You'll see him later?"

"We have 4th and 7th period together."

"You're still eating lunch with me right?"

Kai stopped just outside of his first period door. "Of course! I'll always choose to eat with you."

Soobin, in his paranoia, thought people were eyeing his boyfriend. He kissed him aggressively to show people who Kai really belonged to. The kiss only stopped when the warning bell rung. "See you at lunch angel."

The first day of senior year was supposed to be a good one. Instead, Kai walked in to his first class to see Taehyun looking really annoyed. He sat down at the desk next to him then dug his notebooks out of his backpack.

Without looking at him, Taehyun stated "I see you didn't break it off."

"You don't get it."

"No. I get it. He's your asshole boyfriend who won't let you have friends."

"I do have friends!"

"You can only hang out with them when Soobin is busy! Last time we hung out was when he was on a vacation with his family! That's not normal Kai!"

Kai wanted to argue back but the teacher started the lesson.

His best friend didn't get it. No one did. Everyone has flaws right? Jealously was Soobin's only one in Kai's eyes.

At the end of the first period, Taehyun asked "we eating together at lunch today?"

"I don't think Soobin will be happy with that..."

Taehyun grumbled "of course he wouldn't. Do I get you at all this year or do I need to sign up for a Soobin approved time slot?"

"... I'll ask him." Kai walked away feeling like shit. The red flags continued to become more vibrant by the day. His second period was with no one he cared about. It was actually really peaceful. The lack of distractions gave him time to process his thoughts.

Third period was one of his shared classes with Soobin. Kai ran up to his boyfriend then tightly wrapped him in a hug. "Hi baby!"

"Hi."

Kai noticed how flat Soobin's tone was. "Is something wrong?"

"What did Yeonjun say earlier that made you so happy?"

"Soobin." Kai scoffed. It was too early for this shit. He scratched his temples then calmly placed his hands on his boyfriend's shoulders. "I was just joking around about dyeing my hair pink like he did."

"Was it because of him? That's why you suddenly want to dye your hair?"

"It was a joke!"

Soobin took a moment to relax. He felt himself losing Kai by the second. His expression softened and he cupped his boyfriend's cheek. "You would look great in pink hair."