😖Beomkai- Across the Hall

It had been days but Beomgyu was still thinking about that kiss. He mindlessly set the glasses on the dishwasher rack while humming to himself.

Kai came out of the manager's office, shocked to find him still here. "Hey baby bear. What are you still doing here?"

"Waiting for you." Beomgyu pushed the rack to the side then ran into the blonde's arms. They weren't officially dating but it was obvious, to everyone, they had feelings for each other. Beomgyu cupped his cheeks then glanced at those rosey soft lips. "I haven't seen you in so long! Why did you have to open up another restaurant?"

Kai went to kiss his cheek but Beomgyu caught his lips with his own. That was the second time they kissed. Kai wanted more but he had to leave again. He ran fingertips through Beomgyu's bangs. His lips pecked the shorter's forehead. "I'm sorry. Everything is progressing faster than I expected. I didn't think I'd be this busy."

"Give me five minutes! Please?"

Kai looked at his watch. "Okay. But I really do have to go after."

Beomgyu didn't waste a second. Their lips met again. He slowly ran his hands from the taller's neck down towards his lower back. They wanted to travel further but he restrained himself. They weren't there yet.

Kai held him close. He absolutely adored everything about Beomgyu. They could be a great couple but he really didn't have the time for a relationship. So, he cherished this moment even more. His body was starting to become a little too excited. He had to take a step back before five minutes turned into a half hour.

Beomgyu caught his breath. He wiped the saliva off of his lip with the back of his hand then he saw why Kai stopped. It took the alarm going off on the blonde's watch, for him to finally look up from his waist. "That was... you are..."

"Yeah?" Kai stood against the table with biggest grin on his face. He checked his watch again. "Shit. Now I really have to go. I'll see you later." He kissed his forehead then ran out.

Beomgyu touched his lips. He didn't want to wait a year until Kai had more time. He wanted him now.

The blonde had to leave because he had a very early flight to Italy. His new restaurant was going to be southern italian inspired and he was interviewing three candidates for the head chef position. Expectations for him were high. He's only had to close one out of the five he's opened. Everything had to go perfectly for the sixth to be a success. He wasn't going to tell Soobin this but if he wanted a promotion to be the bar manager, the job was his. Beomgyu would then become the bar manager where he works now.

Beomgyu finished the dishes then made his way home. He stopped in front of Kai's apartment and wished he was there. Their first kiss was in there. He wondered if their first time would be too. He enterred his own crappy apartment to see the same lifeless walls and furniture he took off of the street. Beomgyu actually had a lot saved up. Kai paid him well and his tips were phenomenal because of his personality. Decorating his apartment didn't seem like a bad idea. He did have tomorrow off.

The next day, after hiring his new head chef, Kai took a solo tour of Rome. The amount of graffiti was shocking.

Italy managed to make him a fan of coffee when he wasn't one previously. Beomgyu loves coffee. Kai couldn't help but wish he was here with him. The shorter would probably get super hyper from it. They'd end up running along the canal together while locals called them "crazy americans". Kai would treat him to an insanely expensive dinner at a three michelin star restaurant. Then, no doubt, Beomgyu would insist on getting a cheap canoli or gelato on the way back to their hotel. It was a nice daydream. One that didn't have to be a dream. Kai decided he was going to ask him out when he arrived back to the states. They wouldn't have a lot of time together but it was better than not being together at all.