😁Sookai- Testing Loyalties

The doorbell rung. A cheese pizza was on Kai's doorstep. He didn't order one. Soobin didn't either. He opened it and whispered "oh fuck..."

Soobin was gaming on the couch. He turned his head to see Kai standing still in the doorway. His game was paused as he took his headset off. "What's wrong?"

Kai slammed the box shut. "Nothing. Want some pizza?"

"Sure?" Soobin watched Kai rip the lid off and toss it in the trashcan. He thought that was weird as he was served his pizza. He took a bite then looked over to see Kai loading his favorite .22 pistol. "Okay, what's actually wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm taking care of it."

With a slice in his hand, Soobin got up to look at the lid of the box. There was a threat written on the inside of the lid. "Face me alone or they die too." Soobin turned to see Kai sharpening his knife. "He found us?"

"I saw him yesterday but I didn't think he saw me."

"And you didn't think to mention this?"

"What the fuck do you think Beomgyu is doing right now?"

Soobin had no idea. He angrily threw his slice into the trash then slammed the lid down. "We're a team Kai!"

"I'M PROTECTING YOU!" Kai wiped the sides of the knife on his jeans. The metal flakes gave the denim a weird gray streak. "Soobin. Beomgyu and I can protect ourselves. I worry about you."

"NO! Nu uh. You do not get to use that as an excuse for not telling me about this! He's dangerous!"

"Leave this town. I'm staying here until he's no longer a threat."

Soobin grabbed Kai's wrist before he could leave out of the door. "And what about Beomgyu? Huh?"

"Beomgyu's setting his apartment on fire then-"

"You didn't find him yesterday did you?" Kai didn't say anything as he continued to look his best friend in the eye. Soobin shook his shoulder. "When?"

"Last week. Taehyun doesn't know you exist. That's why I couldn't tell you."

"And Beomgyu?"

"Was with me when we saw him. We were keeping you safe."

"I'M NOT HELPLESS!"

"You're afraid to fire a gun Soobin!"

"I never asked either of you to protect me!"

Kai squinted his eyes. His tone went cold. "You're right. You didn't. We wanted to. You're my best friend. You never had to ask."

Soobin let his wrist go. He watched Kai leave with his black backpack and his car keys. He angrily slammed the door shut then dialed Beomgyu. "Where are you? Don't lie to me."

"Kai told you?"

"Taehyun sent him a threat."

"Well his apartment is currently in flames. His car will be too in about 30 seconds."

Soobin had to lower the volume of the call. The fire alarms were piercing his ears. "I expected this from him. Why didn't YOU tell me? You of all people!"

"Yeah, me of all people. That's why. You just answered your own question. We can talk about us later. Where's Kai?"

"No idea. Probably walking into a trap. He didn't say where he was going."

"Pack your stuff. Pick a new city. I'll be there in 20 minutes. Text Kai the address too."

"Fine."

Kai waited inside the private movie theater for Taehyun. The Breakfast Club was playing in black and white. He saw himself in John. A rebel thrown away by society with shit parents to blame. Grown up too fast. Learned the world was a bitch too young. Fiercely independent to the point where he only trusted himself. He just needed someone to give him that diamond earring.