TXT- Taehyun's Act- Part Three

Yeonjun turned to look at his boyfriend. Beomgyu couldn't even look at him. He hung his head in shame.

They never told Kai what happened because it didn't seem to be worth mentioning. Kai transferred to their school at the start of their junior year. They bullied Taehyun in their freshmen year. It was now halfway through their senior year. They've changed a lot since then but that didn't matter now. Yeonjun whispered "we're going to die aren't we..."

Beomgyu didn't respond. Instead, he looked up in desperation at Kai. He mouthed "I'm sorry" while tears threatened to fall.

Kai collasped to his knees in front of him. He gently placed his hands on his then asked "why?"

"Kai. You have to understand-"

"Stop. Just tell me why?"

"We were stupid freshmen. We wanted to be popular. There isn't anything I can say that would excuse what we did."

Kai looked to Yeonjun. "What did you guys do?"

Yeonjun tilted his head back for a moment to compose himself. The stage lights blinded him but it was better than facing what he did.

Taehyun's patience was short. He commanded "TELL HIM WHAT YOU DID TO ME!"

Kai remained calm. He had to be. Lashing out would only make things worse. "Yeonjun?"

Yeonjun faced him with sorrow in his eyes. "We invited him to do a project with us. We pretended to be his friend. It was a running joke that we would all wear women's underwear because it was more comfortable than mens. Presentation day, we pulled his pants down in front of the class. He was wearing the joke panties we bought him. He was only wearing them because we lied and said we would wear the same thing."

Kai turned to face Taehyun. He pulled him into a tight hug when he saw how close he was to crying. "I'm sorry. You didn't deserve that. I'm sorry."

Taehyun held him tightly. He steadied his breath against Kai's chest. This wasn't the time to cry. He had done enough crying the past three years. This was the time for revenge. When he pulled away, he caressed Kai's cheek. "Go back to your seat. You don't want to see this."

"Please don't. They've changed."

"My mind is made up. Stay if you want. Otherwise, go back to your seat."

Kai felt hopeless. He took one last look at his friends before he walked backstage. The door locked securely behind him. He punched it hard for abandoning his friends. His knuckles bled from the impact but he deserved that pain. On the way back to his chair, he saw the bomb strapped to the fire exit. He immediately grabbed his phone to call the police. That's when he saw Soobin's love confession. He felt the same way. He always had. He texted back "I love you too" then called the police. This had to end.

Taehyun snapped his fingers.

A large cage fell from the ceiling to encase the couple. The platform under their chairs was being raised so they were sitting directly in the middle of the box. The floor beneath them closed the bottom. Only the top of the cage was exposed. A hose hung from the ceiling. Water started to pour in a steady stream.

While Beomgyu and Yeonjun panicked, Taehyun turned to face the camera. "All good magic tricks have an escape act right? This is theirs! If they manage to get out of their restraints, they get to live. If they can't, they die. I've timed the cage to where it'll be completely filled in five minutes. Let's see if they make it!"

Their restraints were tied tightly. Soobin saw the text from Kai. He felt guilty for being happy while his friends were yelling for their lives. His attention went back to them. He wanted to scream suggestions to get their restraints off but he couldn't without being shot. He texted "Kai. Help them! You're the only one who can!"

Kai was too busy with the police to read it. He was actively working with officers on disarming the bomb. The first thing he had to do was find something sharp. The bloody sword by the curtain was his only option. Luckily for him, Taehyun seemed completely immsersed in watching the couple struggle. Kai took his shoes off then tip toed to the side of stage. He stopped behind the curtain to see the handle poking out. The sword was quickly grabbed. He rushed back to start cutting wires under the bomb squad's instruction.

Soobin's leg kept rapidly bouncing from anxiety. The water was up to their knees.

Beomgyu seemed to be doing much better than Yeonjun. He kept thrashing around like a shark out of water. The chair almost tipped backwards several times. Aggressive movements seemed to be the only thing that was loosening the restraints. Just as his right hand broke free, the chair completely tipped backwards. Beomgyu was now drowning. His own weight was pinning his left arm to the ground.

Yeonjun freaked out seeing his boyfriend struggle to flip over. He began to wriggle his arms harder. The water was up to his chest. He yelled "BABY! USE YOUR RIGHT HAND TO PUSH YOURSELF UP!"

Kai cut a yellow wire which activated a timer. He now had two minutes to disarm it before the back of the building blew up. The officers told him to remain calm and continue to listen to their instruction. Easy for them to say. They have blast shields. Kai had nothing. His hands shook as he continued to work as quickly as he could.

Beomgyu managed to push himself up with his right hand. Most of his energy was gone but he had to keep fighting for his life. The water continued to pour into the box. Beomgyu tilted his head up when the water reached his neck. He looked over to see Yeonjun still unable to get a single arm free. "HOLD ON! I'M ALMOST FREE!"

Soobin wanted to scream for Yeonjun to cross his arms in front of one another. It would give him the room he needed to wiggle free. He also wanted to tell him to contract his muscles to make his wrists smaller. The machine guns on the side were enough to prevent him from doing that. All he could do was text Kai, "they're going to die by the time Yeonjun is free! Please! Help them!"

Kai only had thirty seconds left to disarm the bomb. He was sweating profusely while his hands worked to unscrew the nails. "I'm in the box! I'm in the box! There um... there's a red and a yellow wire connected to the right and a blue, yellow and white bundle connected to the clock. And a third set connected to the middle! I only have 20 seconds left!"

"Ignore the ones connected to the clock. Is the right bundle connected to something heavier than everything else?"

"Yes! OH GOD 15 SECONDS!"

"CUT IT!"

The cage was now completely filled with water. Beomgyu was working tirelessly to free Yeonjun. The more they struggled, the quicker they lost air. Beomgyu passed out before Yeonjun's arm was freed.

Soobin started crying when he saw Beomgyu unconscious in the water.

Yeonjun dislocated his right shoulder trying to break free. It hurt like hell. The adrenaline, surging through his body, masked every injury he was feeling. His right arm broke through. His left arm followed after. He picked Beomgyu up in his arms. The weight of his boyfriend made it hard to swim to the surface. His dislocated shoulder only made it worse. He too passed out before reaching the top.

Taehyun smirked. His smile drew from ear to ear as he turned to face the camera. "Tragic. They were so close too. Well folks, you've been a fantastic audience tonight. Truly a delight. I think you guys deserve a proper finale don't you?!"

The shooters chuckled menacingly. Soobin couldn't stop staring at his friends floating in the water. A loud crash came from the back of the stage. Soobin stood up and screamed "KAI!" A gun was pointed at his face. He closed his eyes tightly. This was it. He whispered "I love you Kai... I love you more than anyone else. Goodbye."