😜Sookai- Forever

"Soobin. You need to relax. You're going to do great!"

"Really? You think so? I'm so nervous."

Kai fixed his tie then straightened his collar out. He was helping his boyfriend get ready for his first job interview. The couple just finished college and this opportunity would be life changing. "There. Perfect. Don't be nervous. They would be lucky to have you."

Soobin kissed his cheek then took off.

Kai began to clean the apartment. He took a week off of work just to help his boyfriend get his dream job. Soobin helped him so it was time to repay the favor.

The bathroom got cleaned first. His anxiety while waiting made him clean quickly. He almost passed out forgetting to open a window when cleaning with bleach.

Once the bathroom was cleaned, he moved to the laundry. A note slipped out of Soobin's jeans. Kai put the load into the washer then opened it. The note turned out to be a dinner receipt. It was an expensive dinner too. They hadn't eaten out in weeks because their funds were low. The total on the receipt was just over $72.00.

Pissed off, he began to clean the living room. If his boyfriend wasn't in the middle of an interview, he would be calling him right now. He doubted he was cheating but that didn't justify why he would hide something like that. If he was cheating, he was the one with a job. It would be easy to leave Soobin out on his ass. That's what he would deserve but Kai didn't want to think about that.

Two hours passed and Soobin still wasn't home. Kai began to wonder if he was even at an interview. What if he just helped his boyfriend get ready for a date? He decided to give it another half hour until he called. Traffic could just be bad. There was a lot of construction this time of year.

A half hour passed and still nothing. Kai called. He was sent straight to voicemail. Now he was extra pissed off. His thoughts wandered to the possibility his boyfriend got into a car accident. Then he remembered Soobin didn't drive. He was too afraid to get his license. Kai googled metro delays or, heaven forbid, recent public transportation shootings. There wasn't anything. Not even a homeless guy getting arrested.

Soobin came home after another hour of Kai being worried. He had a huge smile on his face. It faltered when he saw how upset his boyfriend was. "Baby what's wrong?"

Kai held up the receipt. "You mind explaining this?"

"Um..." his face got red trying to think of an excuse. "I was hungry..."

"Right. So hungry you ordered an appetizer, two main courses and a dessert when you normally can barely get through one main course?"

"I-" Soobin bit his lip.

Kai was so mad that his eyes were welling up with tears. "Were you cheating on me?! A job interview doesn't take four hours!"

"NO! I SWEAR TO GOD, I WAS NOT CHEATING!" He ran up to his boyfriend and hugged him. "I promise, I would never do that to you! You're my world."

Kai pushed him away. "Then what were you doing?!"

"I was... having dinner with your father..."

"...what?"

"I also was at an interview but it only lasted for an hour. I got the job..."

"THEN WHAT WERE YOU DOING FOR THREE HOURS?!"

This was absolutely not how Soobin wanted to do this but he got down on one knee and presented a diamond ring. "I was looking for this."

Kai couldn't speak. He couldn't even stand. He fell to his knees trying to hold back the tears streaming down his cheeks. His hand was over his mouth. He couldn't believe this was happening. "S-Soobin..."

Soobin began crying too. He sniffled for a moment then cleared his throat so he could speak. He had the biggest smile on his face as he looked at the love of his life. "Kai Kamal Huening. I've loved you for seven years now. There isn't anyone else like you in the world. I've-I've never met anyone whose personality matched mine so much. You're always there for me. You always make me smile. I love how adorably weird you are. I love the way you always try to be strong for me. I love the way you never fail to make me feel loved. Being around you is the greatest joy I've ever experienced. I promise to spend the rest of my life making you feel the same way. So... Kai Kamal Huening. Will you marry me?"

Kai sobbed even harder as he shook his head. "Yes!"

Soobin laughed as he placed the ring on his left finger. It fit perfectly. He cupped his beautiful fiance's cheeks and used his thumbs to wipe his tears away. His lips met the only ones he wanted to spend the rest of his life with. They were made for each other and they knew it.

Kai pulled back for a moment to stare at diamond on his hand.

Soobin saw his fiance's smile. He hoped it would never leave his face. There wasn't a single time in seven years, where he thought he would be better off without him.

His life was only perfect because Kai was in it. There wasn't enough words to describe how his best friend, his lover, his other half made him feel. What made it even more perfect was knowing Kai felt the same way. They couldn't love each other enough. Every little gesture was reciprocated. They were clingy as hell. There wasn't a such thing as "personal space". It was their shared space or no space at all.

Soobin kissed him again. They completed their perfect day with several rounds of sex.

At the end of the night, they began to call their loved ones. Their friends were first. Their families were second. Their co-workers last.

Taehyun insisted on being Kai's best man. Beomgyu and Yeonjun fought to be Soobins.

Kai's sisters spent 20 minutes on the phone, pitching wedding ideas. They politely rejected most of them.

Beomgyu and Taehyun began brainstorming bachelor party ideas. They were all insane. The couple only had one rule. No strip clubs or strippers. The only dicks they were interested in seeing were each others.

Soobin laid in bed with Kai in his arms. He started a pintrest board of their wedding. Kai wasn't helpful in giving opinions. He just wanted the things that his fiance did. If Soobin was happy, he was happy. The older tried getting mad at the younger's lack of input but he couldn't. All it took was one smile to make his anger melt away.

Before they fell asleep, they set a wedding date. July 5th seemed like the perfect choice. July is the 7th month of the year and they had been together for seven years. The 5th because their lives revolved around their group of five.

Kai asked "so that's the official date? July 5th?"

"Sounds perfect to me. I can't wait to be Soobin Choi-Huening."

"Kai Kamal Choi-Huening. That has a nice ring to it."

Soobin intertwined their fingers. He held up the diamond and they looked at it together. "Yeah. It does."