Yeonkai- Protection Detail

"Yeonjun I don't need you to watch me go to the bathroom! Just wait outside the door!"

"I'm just doing my job!"

"You can do your job outside the door!" Kai waited to go until he heard the outside door close. He was done in two minutes. He refused to come out until around 20.

Yeonjun checked his watch in the hall of the theater. Kai was taking longer than he would have liked. His paranoia was starting to set in even though he knew nothing was wrong.

Kai's mom was the honorable Judge Huening. She had a very high profile case that involved several gang members. A couple were in jail already with more waiting to be prosecuted. The ones sent to jail promised to make her pay. Their lawyers, who obviously failed to defend them, were already killed.

Yeonjun was one of the best bodyguards in the business. He was a high ranking military officer before his platoon was blown up in an air raid. The injury to his left arm gave him an honorable discharge. After it healed, his left hand continued to have decreased motor skills. That still didn't stop him from becoming the best. Now, he was protecting someone who hated his existence. The money was starting to not become worth the trouble Kai was giving him. He checked his watch again then harshly knocked on the door. "You've been in there for 20 minutes! I'm about to check on you if you don't get out soon!"

Much to Kai's dismay, he walked out after straightening his navy blue tie. "There. I'm out. Happy?"

Yeonjun sarcastically replied "thrilled. The play starts in five minutes by the way."

Kai hated being constantly watched. He hated Yeonjun's sarcastic attitude. He especially hated all of the attention is bodyguard received when they were in public. People practically walked through him to talk to Yeonjun. He once took advantage of that and ran into a mall. It worked for an entire hour before his bodyguard found him again. That was the most serene hour he had in over two months. He continued to be watched on his way to the private balcony. To his annoyance, Yeonjun sat down next to him. "Aren't you supposed to be back there?" He pointed behind him to the doors.

"Nope. I get the absolute joy of sitting next to you. My coworker is waiting outside for your mother."

"Fan-fucking-tastic." Kai played games on his phone. He got a text message from his mom saying she couldn't make it. Now he was stuck watching Death of a Salesman with Yeonjun alone.

Yeonjun got the same text. They watched the entire play in absolute silence. The drive back to Kai's relocated condo was also in silence. He watched Kai walk to his bedroom. The door slammed in his face before he could scope the area. He grumbled "just doing my fucking job..." Once the alarms were set, Yeonjun realized how tired he was. He fell asleep within minutes of washing up.

Kai couldn't sleep at all. He stared at the ceiling, hoping for tiredness to set in. Alcohol didn't seem like a bad idea. He sat up then quietly walked into the kitchen in search of some soju. Yeonjun was fast asleep on the couch. Kai refused to use his cellphone light in fear of waking him up. After a couple of minutes, he finally found it. The bottle was being difficult to open. He quietly groaned to himself while attempting to get the top off. The damn thing wouldn't budge. Running water was supposed to help. He turned the sink on to a slow stream, to see if that worked.

Yeonjun woke up out of paranoia. He pointed his gun, with the attached flashlight, in Kai's direction while yelling "PUT YOUR HANDS UP OR I'LL SHOOT!"

Kai dropped the bottle on the floor as his hands raised in the air. "IT'S ME! SHIT YEONJUN!"

The bodyguard put his gun away then turned the lights on. "What the hell are you doing up?! You scared me!"

Kai took a step forward out of anger. He ended up stepping on a piece of broken glass. The sweetly smelling alcohol burned into his skin as his foot bled. "FUCK!"