👅Beomkai- My Creation

The sound of a power drill was the only noise in the body shop. Beomgyu wasn't supposed to be here this late. He figured it was fine because why would anyone else be here at one in the morning? He had a good set of tools at home but the expensive stuff was here, in the Kang robotics research center. That was the stuff he needed to fix Kamal.

Kamal was a prototype he had been working on for a while. The robot was very illegal. Especially for what Beomgyu was trying to create it for. Kamal was almost there but not quite. There was a black market for materials that normal people couldn't get their hands on. Beomgyu was a low level employee in the Kang company. He risked his life to obtain the upgrades he was giving Kamal right now. This prototype was almost done. He could feel it as he continued to replace cheap parts with the rare stuff.

Robots were revolutionized thanks the to Kang family. They were so good, they were almost human. Almost. Due to government regulations, and a general fear of an A.I uprising, class X robots were heavily restricted. Class X robots were your walking computers with advanced motor functions. Their artificial joints exceeded a human. Their heads could turn 360 degrees. Their eyes were cameras. They were just as dangerous as they were helpful. There was a kill switch built into all of them incase serving turned into questioning.

Beomgyu purposely built Kamal to not have one. That was illegal. Even criminals built ones into theirs in fear of robots replacing them. Instead, he coded absolute loyalty into him. Kamal couldn't disobey Beomgyu. That way if he ever got caught, he could blackmail whoever he needed when Kamal was loose.

Of course he wasn't the first person to think of this but he was the smartest. How was he the smartest? He was the only one who had a prototype as advanced as Kamal without being caught.

Despite his appearance, Beomgyu was a genius. His friends made fun of him for reading robotics law books in his free time. Engineering in general fascinated him. While his friends smoked and partied, he studied his ass off in college. The Kang family were his idols. He was so excited when he found out he got hired as a bottom level engineer. He even saw them working on the floor next to him! Beomgyu was amazed to see them getting their hands dirty with people like him.

But you know what they say. Never meet your heros. He saw Taehyun on the floor with his boss. They were going over something important. Beomgyu patiently waited until they were done talking to show him the schematics of 'Kamal'. Taehyun wasn't the type to sugar coat anything. He told Beomgyu his project was just a dream. He was told to stick to his day job because that kind of shit would get him fired. Before Beomgyu could even ask for advice, the legacy walked away from him.

Beomgyu's math was correct. He looked over it hundreds of times. Why was this a fantasy when the proof was literally on the paper? A month later, he saw Taehyun's "revolutionary" robot. He won awards and money left and right. Beomgyu secretly dissected the thing to prove what he assumed. Taehyun stole his idea. The core of it was all Beomgyu. The Kang tweaked it so he could call it his. When Beomgyu confronted him, he was told he should've published it. The next day his drafts were gone.

A year later, the last plate was secured into Kamal. The robot was leagues above the draft Taehyun stole. Kamal was smarter, stronger and much more human. Beomgyu watched his eyes open. They came to life as they analyzed his surroundings. The robot focused on him. It did a quick scan then started to cutely chuckle. "Your heart rate is elevated!"

Beomgyu hugged him. It worked. All of those 18 hour days, the past year, paid off. "It is! I'm so happy!"

"Yay! I'm glad you're happy!"

Beomgyu stepped back to take examine him. He walked around his creation in a circle while admiring his work. "You look really good."

"Of course I do! You made me! It would be kinda weird if you made me something you weren't satisfied with."

"That's true. We need to talk somewhere more private. Let's go home."

"Okay!" Kamal picked him up then ran to the car. He placed Beomgyu in the passenger seat then closed his eyes.

Beomgyu was about to push the 'start' button but the engine turned on. He looked over to see Kamal's eyes darting side to side. Suddenly the car was moving on its own. It made a mad dash to Beomgyu's crappy apartment. He had no idea how he was going to explain this to his roommate. The apartment was small enough as it is. A third would feel suffocating. He didn't realize how fast they were going until he looked down at the speedometer. "KAMAL! SLOW DOWN!"

Kamal gradually brought the car to the speed limit. What should've been a 30 minute drive, ended up being 20. It could've been 15 if he was allowed to speed the whole time. Oh well. He walked into the apartment to see a guy sitting on the couch. A quick scan told him this guy was a year older than Beomgyu. His hair was dyed differently than his passport photo but this was definitely Yeonjun Choi. He wanted to talk to him when Yeonjun glanced in his direction. Beomgyu dragged him into his bedroom instead. Kamal complained "why can't I talk to him?! He seems friendly!"

Beomgyu rolled his eyes. "Yeah he's a fucking treat..." His arms crossed as they sat down on the bed. "I have a few rules. You're allowed to do whatever you want after okay?"

"Okay! Let's hear them!"

"Rule number one. You can't tell anyone I created you!"

"Well then what's my story?"

"You've lived everywhere. Military brat. We met in college." Beomgyu left it vague on purpose. Kamal could tell any story he wanted to and it would fit his background now. It was believable.

"Got it."

"Rule number two. If you're ever uncomfortable in a situation, go to the bathroom. Humans need to use the bathroom. Call me if you need permission for some reason."

"How many rules are there? This is a lot."

"Almost done. Rule number three. If you get caught using your advanced abilities, come up with a good excuse."

"What if I meet another like me? Do I need an excuse then?"

Beomgyu thought about it. "Yes. I don't want anyone or anything to know you aren't human."

"Okay then."

"Last rule. Next time you see Taehyun Kang, kill him."

Kamal scratched his head then adjusted his glasses. "Can't I just hack into their servers and wipe it out? That wouldn't take long and it would be easy. Killing is a bit extreme."

"He stole from me! He made a mockery of the beauty you are! He's living in glory while I can barely afford rent! That billionaire family hasn't done shit for people like me Kamal! They steal and lie and then everyone worships them! Him dying would be doing the world a favor."

Kamal felt uneasy but he agreed. He had no choice. Beomgyu didn't exactly give him a timeline so he hoped to put it off for as long as possible. That shouldn't be hard. His advancements could track Taehyun's behavior. All he had to do was avoid the high risk routes. "Can I talk to Yeonjun now?" He wanted to leave so he could be happy again. Rules were no fun.

Beomgyu let him go to the living room. Now that Kamal had a kill rule, he was going to push them to meet. Karma was going to get Taehyun once and for all.