🤑Tyunning- Bird Watching

Taehyun wasn't much of an artist but he didn't want to forget the guy he ran into on the train. He sat mindlessly in a lecture, attempting to draw the stranger's face. He's looked everywhere for him. They went to the same college. Or at least they did. He could've sworn he saw him on the sidewalk but now that guy was gone. It was like he vanished. Honestly, Taehyun began to think he imagined him.

It wasn't just the stranger either. The guy was walking with his friends. None of which had faces he could remember. Every effort to find the stranger, or his friends, on social media was a dead end. Taehyun wasn't crazy. Those four people were real and one of them killed his mother.

The police still didn't have any updates. The case was starting to become cold. Crime never stopped. They had other things to work on. Afterall, five of their own were murdered. They long suspected it was the same gang who killed at least 70 other people, including Taehyun's mother, across the state but could never prove it. They used a variety of weapons and a variety of kill styles. None of them had any DNA on file. All of the photos they had on them were really blurry. Every arrest was the wrong person. The only thing the police knew for sure was their tattoos.

There was the Black Swan, the White Raven, the Silver Eagle and the Bronze Sparrow.

The Sparrow had the most kills. At least that was the theory. That's the tattoo they had the most photographs of. The
White Raven was the most mysterious among them. The police only had two pictures of the tattoo and both were grainy.

Taehyun was convinced the stranger from the train was the White Raven. He had absolutely no proof. It was completely based off of instinct. At minumum, that guy knew who the Black Swan was. He desperately wanted to find him but had no idea how.

His dad told him to move on with his life. Move forward but never forget. His son was holding himself back with his continuous searches. Taehyun's grades were dropping. That wasn't like him at all. He wanted to find the person who killed his wife as much as he did but the case has been open for years. He had a daughter to look after and now a son to be concerned about. His life had to move forward.

Taehyun struggled with that concept as he finished the 10th drawing of the stranger. This sketch was the closest to what he remembered the guy to look like.

The professor handed him his test back. It was a 72. That was the worst grade he had ever received in his whole life. He flipped through the pages to see all of the wrong answers he put down. There was small drawings of birds that decorated the edge. He remembered why that grade was so low now.

During the test, his mind kept wandering to the crude photo of the tattoo. He wanted to draw as many versions as he could, hoping at least one of them would match the real one. Before he knew it, there was only 20 minutes left of class. He bullshitted every answer that took more than a minute to think about. Maybe his dad was right. It was time to move on with his life.

When his classes were over, Taehyun collected all of his materials to study at a cafe. He wanted to be away from campus so he drove to one at the edge of town. Caffeine fueled him as study session began.

People came in and out as the hours ticked by. Taehyun's focus was locked into the material he had to catch up on. Good thing he was smart. He blew through assignments with relative ease. A barista tapped on his table then politely told him they closed in 15 minutes. He started to pack his things into his bag. A group of four, relatively loud guys, walked in. He ignored them as he finished putting the rest of his belongings away. That is until he heard one of their voices. He never forgot that voice.

Kai told one of his friends to order for him while he went to the bathroom. When he stepped out of the door, he locked eyes with a purple haired guy in the small hallway. He stepped out of the way, assuming the stranger needed to go, after apologizing. He then found his wrist being grabbed. The purple hair was trying the pull the sleeve of his leather jacket up. He yanked his arm away before he could. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" Kai looked at him for a few more moments before recognizing who it was.