🦁Tyunning- Glass House

"Leave. Me. Alone." Hyuka wasn't kidding. He wore that 'lone wolf' persona like a badge of honor. It was the perfect mask to hide behind. He never asked for Taehyun's help. The situation may have turned out better if he was allowed to handle anything by himself. But no. Taehyun always had to insert his nose where it didn't belong. Hyuka didn't need saving.

Taehyun pleaded "I was just trying to help you!"

Hyuka turned to face him when his duffle bag was packed. "NO YOU WEREN'T!" He took a deep breath. He had been waiting to say this for a while. "I know your type and I'm sick of it. Your savior complex is sickening. I never once asked for your help but you put you had to put your two cents in didn't you? You took me in because you saw me as some wounded puppy who just needed some healing. Except I'm not a fucking dog you can just order around!"

Taehyun was close to crying. Everything that spewed out of the younger's mouth was true. He wished they had never met.

Hyuka wasn't done. "You tried to turn me into something I'm not. Then you had the NERVE to say I FAILED YOU when I couldn't become what you wanted! I didn't fail you. YOU failed ME! You need more help than I do! Fix yourself and do the world a favor. Don't try to 'help' anyone ever again!"

Taehyun fell to his knees as he watched the younger storm out into the rain. Lightning cracked across the sky. Thunder softly rolled on as he dragged himself to the window. He watched Hyuka sit at the bus stop in the corner of the street. Five minutes later, he was gone.

Bottles of alcohol rapidly disappeared from his fridge. All he wanted to do was save Hyuka. But the younger was right. He never once asked for his help. Taehyun insisted he lived with him. Then he got him a job behind his back. Expectations were in place. The unwanted pressure was driving Hyuka away. He was too blind in his own pride, too busy patting himself on the back, to see it. Maybe he should've asked what Hyuka actually wanted instead of assuming. Perhaps the younger should've been left alone. That's all he thought about as he kept drinking.

Tears kept streaming down his face as alcohol continued to grace his lips. That little house was full when Hyuka was in it. It felt lifeless now. Taehyun was alone. He longed for the younger to be sitting next to him. Every happy memory he had with him was now tainted. Hyuka's laugh seemed so genuine. His smile was the epitome of sunshine. Now he wasn't so sure.

The 5th bottle was tossed into the recycling. He reached for the sixth but lacked the energy. His head leaned against the cabinet. The floor seemed cooler than before. Thunder rolled on as the rain picked up.

Taehyun grabbed his phone. His lock screen was a candid picture of Hyuka under Christmas lights. He unlocked it to see his home screen being a selfie they took together on the couch. He never did tell the younger how he felt about him. That was probably for the best. Or maybe he would've stayed if he did. Taehyun didn't know as his finger hovered over the telephone icon. He wanted to call him so much. Instead he reached for another beer.

Hyuka leaned his head against the bus window. His headphones went in as his eyes closed. He told Taehyun the truth. One that no one else was brave enough to say. There was one thing he wished he could take back. Taehyun didn't need to fix himself. His unconditional love just needed to be put into the correct people. Hyuka had no idea where he was going. Anywhere didn't seem like a bad option.

By the 8th beer, Taehyun's self control was gone. He called him. He couldn't help it. The phone rang until the younger finally picked up. He started to pour his heart out. "Hyuka... come home... I should've asked what you wanted. You didn't need saving. You didn't need to be changed. I fell in love with you. I'm never giving up on you. I'll always be here when you need me. I love you and I'm sorry..." Taehyun muted the phone so Hyuka couldn't hear him sniffle. His eyelids felt heavy. He forced himself to stay awake when he heard that honey voice in his ear.