Sookai- Outcast

Soobin wandered the woods without any idea how he got there. His back was killing him. It stung so much. He stripped his shirt off to see a large patch blood on the left side. The pain on his back was from a cross that was carved into it. 

The memory loss was only temporary. He was kicked out of the village for refusing to father a child. The idea was to drug him so he wouldn't remember how to get back. When the drug wore off, he would be so far away that he would literally not know how to get back. The cult was prepared to kill him if he did.

Soobin grew up in a very religious cult. It was the only life he knew. Soobin was always different. Besides being gay, he questioned all of his teachings of the bible. The questions annoyed the council but wasn't something you could get kicked out for. Unfortunately, his sexuality was. It too big of a sin to overlook.

He prayed every night to be different. Kissing girls was something he had to be forced to do. Not something he enjoyed. After he reached puberty, he was expected to start producing children. He manged to put it off until he was 16. The pressure from the society was becoming violent. Threats were made to himself and his parents.

His mother paired him with a 14 year old girl. They were 'married' within the week. After the wedding, he felt ill at what was expected next. He couldn't go through with it without vomiting. Kissing her at the alter was bad enough. He would rather die than go beyond that. The girl was coerced into revealing his refusal.

Soobin was kidnapped in his sleep that night. He was forced to ingest a cocktail of drugs then was driven into the woods. They dumped his unconscious body into the dirt. Before they left, they sliced a cross into the left side of his back. His sins were prayed for. Holy water was dumped into the wound. They drove off shortly after.

God abandoned him. Not only abandoned him. Branded him.

He kept walking forward without any idea of where he was going. All he remembered was his parent's disappointment. Shame washed over him. He cursed his parents for their lack of support. He cursed the village for threatening his life. Mostly he cursed himself for being the way he is.

Soobin stopped in a patch of sunlight. He looked up into the sun then screamed. A few birds flew away from the tree tops. He looked to the ground then screamed again. The woods were no longer silent. They were being filled with agonizing cries. Soobin pleaded to God. Pleading turned to damning. There couldn't have been a God because why would any God abandon him? Why would any God make him this way if it was wrong? He knelt to the ground then started crying.

No one loved him. His parents let their village toss him aside like garbage on the road. What was worse was not knowing where the hell he was. Was he previously walking towards another civilization? For all he knew, he was just walking further from one. There wasn't a road or a river in sight. Nothing to indicate human activity nearby.

Soobin decided to stop feeling sorry for himself. He stood up then put his bloody shirt back on. There was a time for self hatred but that wasn't right now. He was not going to die in the woods. He wanted to find someone and tell them the crimes that hell hole committed daily. His dream was to see it burnt to the fucking ground.

The sun was starting to dip below the tree line. The rays shone a glow of orange through the branches. It was really beautiful. Soobin admired the warmth of the sunset as he continued walking in some direction. Which direction? He had no idea.

His stomach started to rumble. He couldn't recall the last time he ate anything. There was a few scattered berry bushes that looked tempting. Some were poisonous. Others weren't. He decided it wasn't worth the risk and kept moving. His feet were starting to kill him. At least the pain in his back had subsided.