TXT- Taehyun's Act- Part One

Taehyun's magic act was scheduled for the last period of the day. It was the event of the school year. At least that's Taehyun Kang told everyone. He was that weird guy in high school who people tended to avoid. If you had to interact with him, it was strictly out of pity.

Kai Huening was the only person who was genuinely nice to him. He didn't go out of his way to talk to him or anything like that. He simply was the only one who didn't complain when he was partnered up with him for a project. Kai wasn't thrilled about it but he was nice enough to treat Taehyun like a person and not an annoyance. That was three weeks ago.

Taehyun made the magic show free for everyone to attend. Select students and staff members got VIP tickets. Kai and his friend group were some of the people who got one. Yeonjun assumed the only reason VIP tickets were given was so people would actually show up.

And show up they did. The most popular students got VIP tickets. Since the popular kids were going, so did everyone else. Mob mentality. The little theater inside of the school was packed to the brim. Some students even had to sit on the floor.

Kai looked at his ticket and noticed it wasn't with anyone else. His seat was actually backstage. He looked around for a student usher because that had to be a mistake.

Taehyun came out, in a full tuxedo, when he heard there was an issue near the door. He saw Kai talking to a clueless usher. Only he knew why Kai's seat was in the back. This was a special show. All just for him. He walked over to cheerfully greet the most important guest of the night. "Hello Kai! What seems to be the problem?"

"Um. My ticket says my seat is backstage. I was just confused because no one else seems to be sitting back there." Kai pointed towards his friends who were already seated. They looked just as confused as him.

Taehyun cunningly smiled. "I assure you it's not a mistake. I gave you the best seat in the house actually. Follow me!"

Kai really didn't want to follow but Taehyun had already walked away from him. When passing the stage, he looked around and noticed there wasn't any crew in the back. Just a large control pannel that seemed to be automated. He wondered when the school got the money to afford that.

Upon arriving at his seat, he noticed his chair was actually a small leather recliner. A 42 inch flat screen was set in front of it. A mini fridge rested on the side. It was filled with little beverages and snacks. "Wow. This is impressive! You really didn't have to do this for me."

"Of course I did. The show starts in five minutes. I have to go. Please relax and enjoy!"

Kai settled into the chair after grabbing a bottle of coke zero. He sent a selfie of himself to his friends as a humble brag. Beomgyu was jealous. Soobin sent a selfie of their group as a response. Kai began to feel lonely but he could handle an hour by himself.

The lights began to dim. The murmurs of the crowd died down. Everyone was too busy chatting to hear the doors being locked. Everyone but Kai. He felt uneasy in his seat. Something was wrong. Before he got up, the TV turned on. The front of the stage was perfectly aligned with the camera. Kai really did have the best seat in the house.

Yeonjun turned to his right when the stage lights reflected something shiny. He saw a gun. Not just one gun. Several. Each were held by other kids who weren't very popular in the school. He repeatedly poked Beomgyu on his shoulder until he got his boyfriend's attention.

Beomgyu slapped his hand away. "What?!" He looked in the direction that Yeonjun pointed in. It didn't take long for other people to notice what they did. He scrambled to call Kai while everyone was screaming in their seats. "KAI?! KAI ARE YOU OKAY?!"