Thorin and Bilbo

[Bilbo's POV]

Ever since I was in the Company, I felt Thorin stare at me. I couldn't help but stare at him too. He was looking so handsome with his long dark hairs and light blue eyes. I think I was slowly falling in love with him but how could he loves me? I was a simple Hobbit from the Shire and he was the heir to the throne of Durin, he probably had all the girls for him. One day, I was trying to get some sleep but Bombur was snoring too loud, which was making me unable to sleep. So I decided to get up and sat beside the fire, Thorin was on the night watch. I smile to myself and sat beside him. " Can't sleep mister Burglar? " he asks me. I make a no with my head and he smiles " Once you get habituated to his snores it fine ". I smile again and watch the burning red fire. After a moment of silence, Thorin speaks again " You know, I never really had the chance to thank you for saving my life from Azog that night ". I look at him and say " Ah, it's alright, I would do anything for you, you're our leader ". Thorin smiles and as I look at him I smile and blush a bit. After a while, I started to be cold. With only my vest it wasn't warming me enough and the fire either. Thorin must have seen I was freezing because he put off his coat and put it on my shoulders " Here Bilbo, warm yourself and maybe it will help you get sleep again " he says smiling. I smile back and him and mumble a 'thank you'. He smiles as a 'you're welcome' and we continue talking for a while until I got sleepy again.

The next day, the snores of Bombur were stills waking me up so I went back at the fire which was watched by Fíli but I saw that he was sleepy " Go to sleep Fíli, I'll watch it, I can't sleep " I say pointing at Bombur. He nods and thanks me and went to sleep beside his brother. He puts his arms around his brother waist and pull him close, like every night, and fall asleep. I sit where Fíli was and after few minutes I saw a figure next to me. It was Thorin. " As I can see you can't sleep again ". I nod and smile " I hope to get habituate fast because it been a while I haven't sleep a full night ". Thorin smiles and say " Maybe some company will help you ". Thorin lays down and pat the side beside him. I nervously lay down and Thorin put his arms around my waist and I put my head in his shoulder. After a while, I fall asleep because of the warmth of Thorin and because of his cuddling.

After few days, I decided to tell my love to Thorin. I walk to him, and thanks God he was alone, and I say " Thorin, can I speak to you? ". He turns to me and nod while smiling. We walk for a while until no one would see us. " I need to tell you something ". Thorin nods and I continue. I didn't knew how to tell him that so ai went simply and directly " Thorin, I love you ". He looks shocked for a moment but after smiles and says " I wanted to tell you but never had the courage, I can see now for another time the incredible courage of Hobbits ". I smile and without warning me, he kisses me. I surly kisses back, I have waited and dreamed of that moment for so long. When he broke the kiss, he looks at me and smiles " I love you so much Bilbo Baggins ". I smile and say " I love you too Thorin Oakenshield ". He smiles again and kisses me again.