The Pick Up

Sweets

It was about 11:50am when my plane landed. I got up and gather my things. As soon as I got off the plane I went to go get one of them cart things to load my bags on. I push it to the front of the airport trying to locate my bestest friend.

" Aye!! Yo!!Sweets." I turned my head to see Smilez grinning at me and looking like a fool.

I couldn't help but smile back, she always seems to cause me to smile. I mean she is just that contagious. While she ran over to me I notice that she was looking really good. She had on some baggie black dickie shorts, a black beater, a black du rag and an all black Chicago fitted on her head and on her feet was some fresh white ones. When she got within a few steps of me she attacked me with a hug and I jumped on her. She caught me. I even think she mumbled a damn, and hugged me tight. It wasn't a friend hug it was a like a hug you would give your wife or girlfriend. I loved it. I haven't been hugged like that ever. It was almost like we were back in the dorm room and laying up in my bed or hers at night. She sat me down and I got a whiff of her cologne. She had a new scent. It was new Axe cologne. She only wears Axe during regular days. Not on special occasions like parties or out to a nice dinner. Or to some strange girls crib.

" You missed me that much huh?!" she laughed and removed her sun glasses.

"Yeah I sure did, " She looked me up and down then bit down on her bottom lip before grabbing my bag.

" Uh huh! Come on let's get yo' stuff to my Jeep ma, " We gather my stuff and that's when it finally hit her.

" Sweetz, I thought you said you aint have a lot of stuff, you lied to me little girl,"

" I did not this is some of my stuff," I told her.

I watched as her arms shone a little bit under the light and her muscles were bulging a little bit. Damn. She looked at my 3 big suite cases and my one medium size duffle bag and shook her head.

" Whateva ma come on before I make yo ass walk to Northern," She said as she started to push the cart. I was walking next to her and listing to her complain about how she didn't really want her girlfriend to be here.

Shit. Man she sounds better in person then over the phone. Plus she got that Midwest accent.

"Smilez, why don't you just break up with her?" I asked her.

"I've been thinking about it, and I do know that I don't want to be there. I want to be someplace else," she said as she looked at me. My heart jumped a little bit.

"But I'm not sure if the person I want, is ready yet. I think she has some stuff to take care of herself you know what I mean," I nodded my head.

"I am sure the girl.." before I could finish she interrupted me.

"She is a woman, not a girl," she said.

"Well I am sure that this woman, wants you just like you want her," I told her.

She was staring me in my eyes, like she was reading me. It scared the shit out of me. She was the only one that I have ever let read me. She smiled at me. I blushed a little bit.

When we finished putting all my stuff in her truck she open the door for me and let me in. I reached over and open her door and she got in.

"Since when did you started open doors for people?" I asked her.

"When did you start getting sexy?" she laughed and that made me laughed.

" Was that a complement or and insult?" she thought about it for a min.

" Smilez.."

"Imm still thinking..."

"Shut up and take me to school.."

She laughed which made me smirk she play too much. She started up the truck and put on her seat belt.

"Why aint we moving?"

"Why aint you got a seat belt on?"

I sighed and rolled my eyes I felt a thump on the back of my head

"Hey what the hell you hit me for?"

"Don't you roll yo eyes at me in my truck, I aint about to pay 155 dollas cause you don't want to put on a seatbelt," I laughed because she was starting to sound country.

" ight boo I'm sorry," I laughed then I leaned over and kissed her on the cheek. I wanted kiss her on the lips. She looked at me and bit down on her bottom lip. I knew what she was thinking. Because she has given me that look a lot, mostly when I'm coming out the shower, or going into the shower.

" You better be," she had a real big smile on her face which caused me to laughed. She pulled out the park and turned up the cd that was in the car she was blastin Trey Songz : Ready Cd.