Brand New

Smiles

I listen as the rain started to mix its way into the song Fill me in. For some reason rain and storms made me relax. It always had. I was waiting on Sweetz to come back down. I put the blunt I had rolled to my lips and inhaled. Good music, Weed, and rain. I was back where I wanted to be. In my good mindset, I was for once in a very long time just real mellow. I am a laid back person in general but this was different. I was just mellow.

Tonight was a really nice fall night. The Campus police was chillin'. Shit everybody on campus was just coolin'. It was the calm after the storm I guess. I had beat Shada's ass. I hope she got the damn message too.

I was finishing off my blunt when my favorite song came on Summer Rain by Carl Thomas. Well me and well me. I sat up a bit and turned up the volume. This song always reminds of Sweetz. I guess because the lyrics hit home. I felt a small smile creep on my face when he said my favorite line it was the one that really made this me and Sweetz song. I think the first time we heard it together we was laying up in the dorm room. Just talking. She was laying on me and it came on next on the play list.

I bit down on my bottom lip when my mind flashed back to the night in my house. Her body was so soft, she only had a few light scars but to me her body was perfect. Everything was tone but not to tone. Just the way a woman is supposed to feel. I was getting lost in my thoughts when my phone rang.

I looked down at my new Iphone something I don't know my mom sent it to me. She said it was an upgrade from my Blackberry Curve. Since it was in bad shape I guess it was okay. I only had a few numbers programed in it. Mainly the crew from school and back at home, all my other contacts weren't in this new phone. I answered the number without even thinking about.

"Yeah?" I said into the phone, as I scratched my eyebrow with my thumb and sat up in my seat a little bit.

I turned down the radio and grabbed the bottle of water I had been sippin' on. I was thirsty and hungry. I need Sweetz to hurry so I can get this taken care of.

" Baby I'm sorry, I aint mean it... I was just pissed off because you lied to me about not begin able to dance... and you had those two tricks up on you," Shada voice came threw the phone.

She was crying and shit. I took a sip of my water and chuckled. I have no idea why girls think crying is gonna soften up a person who has already turned off every caring sensory in their brain. She just is wasting tears and time.

" Look, Sweets and Lady are NOT tricks I Repeat NOT TRICKS you are. If I couldn't dance I wouldn't be in a damn dance crew. I don't understand what you don't understand? I should of listen to Drina ass..."

" Baby I aint know you aint tell me..." She had cut me off.

I wasn't done and she was just going to over talk me like she usually does. That's why she don't understand or know shit, because she don't let people finish. I bit down hard on my bottom lip trying to suppress the rage that was slowly taking over my body. I tasted something metallic in my mouth. That's when I knew I drew some blood

" You know what I learn from this?" I said.

I was trying to speak calmly as I could. My body was ready to kick ass, but I was trying to be a better person.

" no I don-" her voice calm down and she was speaking in a somewhat low whisper.

" That was a damn rhetorical question that means you don't answer. You understand. That's why you always getting yo fucking feelings hurt because you never shut the fuck up and listen when people are talking, " I raised my voice slightly.

"I' ve learned that you don't trust my ass. That you are dumb as fuck if you think I'm stay with yo crazy ass. I also learned that it is possible to fall out of love just as easy as you can fall in love with someone. I also learn that I'm done fucking around with hoes. I need something really real. You know what dat means?" I asked her.

I waited for an answer and didn't get one.

"You can answer that," I told her and rolled my window down.

She was making me hot, and not in a good way. In that I'm really waiting to beat your ass. The rain made its way into my car and it felt good. The cold fall winter breeze was amazing right now.

"No, "she said.

It was real low when the words left her mouth. I can tell she was in tears because her voice started to quake. She almost sounded really sad. I could care less though.

" That means we are OVER. Dumb fuck. You insult my friends then you slap my ass over something stupid. Fuck you, and any girl who is willing to stay with somebody that just beat her ass is a got damn dim-witt. I feel real bad for the next girl you get with," I pretty much yelled at her and I hung up the phone just as Sweets came down with her shit.

She opened up the back door and threw her bag in, she closed the door and opened up the front door and got in.

"I got yo winter coat too, just in case. You know you need to start taking better care of yourself," She looked over at me with this big ass smile, but then she got this concern look on her face.

" What's wrong?" she placed her hand on my knee.

" Nothing ma. You suppose to take care of me, " I re adjusted my seat and was about to start up the car, when Sweets placed her hand on top of mines.

I looked at her; she was trying to read me. I sighed and lean back, I took my hand off the key. She was still holding my hand when I placed it on my knee.

" Nae what happen? Yo lip looks like it was bleeding and I know she aint slap you that damn hard, " Damn she use my other nickname which meant she was really worried.

" Shada called me talking shit, so I broke up with her," I looked over at her when I said the last part and place my hand on her cheek and started to rub it with my thumb. Her eyes got big.

"Fa real?" she asked me.

" Yep. You ready to go now?" I asked as I removed my hand and started up the jeep.

"After you answer one question," She said and looked at me.

" ight ma what is it?" I looked at her and smile.

" What made you break up with her like twice. I mean you beat her ass that wasn't enough?" I laughed.

I looked at Sweets , she had folded her arms and turn her body towards me. I stop laughing and turned in my seat to face Sweets.

" She called you and lady a tricks," Her eyes got big as hell then I laughed.

" Also she aint trust me. And like I say if you and got trust then you aint got shit," I told her.

" Man lets go beat her ass.. cause I aint no damn trick. She is pissing me off, by making you mad. Can we open a window? It's hot as hell in here," I laughed, she made me feel better.

I leaned over and kissed her. I sucked on her bottom lip. It was one of those nice, passionate kisses. She unfold her arms and placed them around my neck. I broke the kiss and pecked her on the lips. I smiled at her and she smiled back.

"You like that ma?" I asked her.

"Of course I did can I have another?" she asked me I laughed and sat back in my seat.

"Maybe later on tonight," She folded her arms and sat back in her seat.

" I better get some later tonight, got a nigga ova here wanting you and shit," I laughed at her comment. She sounded so serious. I pulled out of the lot and turned up my system, One in a Million by Aaliyah was playing.